Product Name Changes To Appease The Karens.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Blitz, Nov 15, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Whenever I read something like this article, it really gets on my goat and makes me madder than a cut snake.

Not that long ago, our iconic "Coon" cheese had a name change, so as not to upset the Abos. It's now called "Cheer" cheese. That's got to be one of the most pathetic names for a cheese I could come up with.

When will it end? Seriously.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ft-drink-complaints-alcoholic-hard-rated.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55628966

Do other countries have to put up with product names being changed to prevent a minority of people getting upset, or because they're too stupid to read a label? Hell, why don't we just completely change history while we're at it. Oh, hold on, that's already started.

:mad:

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Someone mentioned a kids sweet called "love hearts" which were coloured discs with silly little love messages such as "squeeze me". Apparently they are changing to "kind hearts" and, I am told (but have not seen) have gender neutral and woke messages.

Boycott companies that change names into something you disapprove of, it really is that simple.

Old Geezer, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I hated it back in the early days of The Common Market in the 1970s when they changed the the name of JIF cleaner to CIF because the continentals had trouble pronouncing their J's.

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I remember it well, "clean it in a Jiffy" etc. The problem with changing the name to Cif is that we used to used the term "syph" to refer to a particularly nasty type of STI back at that time :D

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wouldnt want to use Jif for that.

6. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Me either :D:D

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the States, we get the same.

"Kentucky Fried Chicken" became "KFC". I guess if you change the name, the amount of grease found in fried chicken will drop. :rolleyes: Black folk and white Southerners still love their fried chicken. We're having sausage biscuits for supper tonight with gravy. Fried food killed my grandparents in their 90s -- only one of my grandparents lived to be 100. All of their brothers and sisters (who lived past childhood; Appalachian winters kill children) only lived to be in their mid-80s before eating all of that fried food and white-lightnin' killed them.
    ---------------------

From CNN (Communist News Network):

"Aunt Jemima finally has a new name"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/business/aunt-jemima-new-name/index.html

"New York CNN Business —

"Quaker Oats is releasing a new name and logo for its 'Aunt Jemima' products, finally retiring the racist stereotype that has adorned its pancake mixes and syrups for decades.

"The name 'Aunt Jemima,' long criticized as a racist caricature of a Black woman stemming from slavery, will be replaced with the Pearl Milling Company name and logo on the former brand’s new packaging, according to parent company PepsiCo."

upload_2023-11-16_20-27-38.png

=======================

Think about this: Why would a white racist consider a black person a member of their own family?! Could it not be that she had a warm heart, an infectious smile, and DELICIOUS food?! Being a cook isn't glamorous, but it sure pays the bills and feeds one's own kids. Bring harm to a family's cook and you will get your @$$ handed to you. Even if white, harm someone a family loves -- any skin color -- and you'll stand to get traumatic lead poisoning.

------------------

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    hardly name changes were they? just shortened to initials is all.