Question For The Ladies

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by Okaviator, Jul 6, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I currently have a loving wife that is very interested in outdoor survival and living off the land. What are some struggles that women go through when surviving off the land? The reason I'm asking this is because I want to try and talk some sense into her. I personally think that she's moving along too fast with her idea of living off the land.

2. Rhodolite

Rhodolite New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    That highly depends on what kind of surviving off the land. Go all natural living off the land with hardly anything modern or do a combination of solar and some modern comforts? Cause depending on either or could mean a lot considering that women have eh hem biological functions that require more care than guys.

3. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    This would mean living off the land with the closest town being 30 minutes away. The only thing that we would have is 12 acres of land and a small shack until we build a house. Oh, and there is also no electricity, so we would have to be using a generator.

4. Rhodolite

Rhodolite New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    If your wife is used to modern comforts and has no history of really roughing it, then it will be tough to just jump into things. It takes a certain mentality to rough through situations without constant electricity, access to hot water, ect. Sure on TV and just talking about it makes it sound romantic but in reality- it's harder than what people make it to be. I've personally roughed it with no hot water or electricity for a while before in a very rural setting (6 months) and it wasn't easy whatsoever. I've also been in lots of situations out in the wilderness for long periods of time with very little in the means of comfort as well. Some people can tolerate it and some people can't. With changing seasons there's temperature swings that get super bipolar when you don't have stuff like heat/cooling sources and insulation. If the project is to last a couple weeks in summer then it's tolerable up until early fall but after that if you're in area where winters are fairly cold/snowy or wet then it will not be a fun walk in the park. After food, shelter and CLEAN water, the top priority is hygiene. Infection and injury were the top reasons why people died in droves prior to modern medicine. When you're out in the middle of nowhere far from civilization, that is your number 4 priority always. Especially as a female. But since you guys are relatively close then it shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you finish your house prior to winter, especially with a generator. But like I said, that all depends on her mentality of what she can tolerate and is prepared for.