Rear Sight Maintenance...

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by watcherchris, Jul 10, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Of recent my GP 100 Ruger in .357 Magnum...the rear blade sight was broken....and to my astonishment.
    I found this out when going to the gun club range a few weeks ago. Made for a horrible shooting session.

I found with some research that this sight for my GP 100 will also fit my Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum

Thus I ordered three of them and thinking about another two ...as they are not expensive.

I changed out the sight and last night took it back to the range and shot up some 60 rounds of .38 Special...in sighting in at various distances on the indoor range.

I got it to where it would shoot tight groups at the longest indoor distance and will eventually take it to the outdoor range for further sighting in.

I verily like this GP 100 for what it is...with a 4 inch barrel...and it makes a very nice combination with the matching .357 lever rifle.

On another note....with the humidity and heat of the summer ....I have been sweating big time when going about my labors...and though wearing a sweat bandanna...I am constantly wiping the sweat out of my eyes..

A a result I got an infection in my right eye lid...and of course with it the swelling.

Wiping with Alcohol preps did very little....but irritate my eyeball.

I found that using a towel moistened wtih liquid silver...coloidal Silver helps with the swelling and it is now down close to normal. I continue to wipe it a couple of times a day with coloidal Silver.

I hate it when that kind of thing happens, and I am constantly sweating in the summer and bit time with extensive labors.

But ...now we know how to handle it.

Any of you members hearing anything about a coming coffee shortage..???

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Be Warned these Ishmaelites.....

My non Ishmsaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.