Redeploying Europe To "high North", Toward Arctic Areas

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...id-us-changes-europe-military-presence-2020-8

Good morning all,

Per ...

I believe Canada would say they are the NATO northernmost nation. They claim up toward the Pole.

Am deferring to the Forum's Alaska delegation as to the picture of USMC 1Lt ___ is getting real cold weather training in that picture. That brown sock hat must mean an unexpected warm day. I've been in cold areas in Russia and froze "up north" even with wool, goose down and fur.

After Vietnam, when returning to the land of the big PXs, we training in 2 fields, riot control and Cold War reinforcement of Europe. I volunteered to be "if push comes to shove" assigned to the Norwegian/NATO base at Finmark county. ...... I know, in theory, how to use a non X-Y axis map (Omega-Theta grid? [meridians merge when getting high up]). Everyone in the unit laughed at me. A few minutes later, I also laughed at me.

Was told we wouldn't even get to Europe; we'd be dead.

A time to laugh and a time to party......................