Regular practice with your primaries?

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by CivilDefense, Jun 30, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I try to keep to a regular practice schedule with our primary defensive weapons (e.g., pistols, combat shotguns, and self-loading carbines). I've set up a home range on our rural property, so it is much easier than going to a public range. Still, scheduling conflicts, family matters, etc., all put a crimp on time.

So, how often do you practice with your primary defensive arms? Where do you practice? What to of drills do you do?

Thanks for sharing.

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Never, I don't have firearms in my home because is illegal to own them where I live. A dumb law, since criminals don't give a damn about bans anyway. But nevertheless, If I own a weapon I would practice my marksmanship in handgun and rifles with training targets.

3. ally79

ally79 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes, we practice with our weapons on a regular basis. Not weekly anymore, but at least a few times per month. We try to get our kids out for individual practice a few times a month as well.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I used to practice daily through my 20's and 30's
    Weekly in my 40's and now monthly in my 50's
    Shooting used to be a perishable skill for me but even after a decade of not shooting pistols several weeks ago I had a run with a friends pistols ( glock 17L and a Taurus 689? )
    Shot as a guest in a comp and still got it!:D

5. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    That is too bad. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the world are you located in?

Excellent. Good that you're getting in regular practice. There was a time when I dragged on it a bit during the really harsh weather, but then I remembered it was a training opportunity to practice in the rain and snow, so continued on. My children are too young to shoot firearms, but my wife practices too.

6. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    South America. Here's quite uncommon to find a honest civilian armed with modern weaponry. Of course, that didn't stop that countries here (except for Uruguay) have higher homicide rates than even U.S and major criminal gangs to handle an outrageous military tier arsenal.I think that if a regular civilian could handle some firearms without pretty
    much law's hindrance, things would be a bit different.

7. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear that. And I agree with you; gun control laws only impact the law abiding. France has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world, but suffered a horrible attack. California has the most restrictive laws in the US, yet the San Bernardino killers didn't give a damn about violating them.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016