Replaced The Steering Gear Box In My Truck...

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by watcherchris, May 31, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Finally finished changing out the steering gear box in my olde truck. I try to keep this truck running as it has in it the HF radio as well as VHF/UHF comms. Also my HF radio is CB band capable.

It was with some difficulty and the famous "Colorful Metaphors " that I succeeded in this task....stopping only for the needed "Pit Stop."

Drove her around the block and still need to drive some more to get the unit bled down of air.

Will be taking her for a front end alignment soon as well.

This truck is paid for and I owe no one on her ....hence I try to keep this olde Ranger truck running...as she does the heavy work for this home....though I seldom use her much anymore....she can easily handle most of my heavy work requirements...and of course the big one is no payments....always good when one owes no payments.

Glad to get this done.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Oh...and this is one of the tasks on which I have been procrastinating for some time....and finally ran out of excuses.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I need a beater pickup. Can't carry what I need to carry in my small SUV.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Have a small hatchback too wherein the rear seats fold down. I have so folded them and put a piece of ply wood on top the folded seats and on top the plywood a small green tarp...

This set up carries most of what I do..but on occasion I really need the truck.

And that is pretty much what my truck is ..an olde beater.

Lady friend tried for a long time to talk me into getting a new truck...but I hate car payments....high taxes on them too.

Long as I can keep this one running...I will run her till she can no long run..It is my way...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I use a small hatchback too with the seats folded down, its great for the narrow country lanes around here, can get lots in the back, shopping, timber, pallets, blue plastic barrels, bags of fertiliser and bags of pony muck, lots more.
    its only 1200cc but its light and nippy and will leave larger vehicles in its wake, especially on rural roads. wife has the 1000cc version.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah...front wheel drives get around surprisingly well for what they are....even with small engines.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.