Safety Best Of The 6 Locations For This

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Apr 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://sofrep.com/news/survival-tips-from-a-special-forces-survival-expert/

Good morning all,

Per ...

A colleague who is overseas just sent me above 6 month old link asking for my comments.

It's difficult to reply to because of the numerous variables.

Link tells of cell phones, emergency transponders, other electronics. Policy holders of kidnapping insurance won't be wearing a Breitling transponder wristwatch. In some situations ,especially terrorist responses, the electronics go away.

Link mentions a recommended book. My experience is that these books are too focused to wilderness environments and not enough to where the problems occur. An inflight emergency over a long-haul water route will demonstrate that the comfortable tasseled loafers are not as comfortable as the boots in the closet. Some must use elevators but most do not learn about all the buttons. A collapsed trench can be a worse situation than the fear of in a desert and getting covered up by the shifting sand dune.

I'd appreciate any specific comments to use in reply to colleague re link.

Merci in advance.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally, I like Mykel Hawke. He comes from a military background, and IMHO he gives sound advice. He and his wife did one of the survival "Reality" shows. I think it was called Man, Woman, Wild. A little different take from the others where they had to survive together, and as you would expect, he was very protective of her.

Pragmatist: I think you are right. It seems most of the information out there is focused on wilderness survival. I don't know what your colleague would take from this if he is not in the wilderness. The mental preparation would be good. Think things through before they happen. Anticipate the types of SHTF events that would be possible in the area, and ways you could prepare for them. Planning your gear so it is specific to your needs in your area. Again, JMHO, but those things would be helpful.