Sere Article With Some Pictures

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Pragmatist, Dec 25, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://whyy.org/articles/sere-training/

Good morning all,

Per ...

Did everyone pass the course section on floating in a life raft ?

Nothing terrible but I do see definitions being changed. A wet suit requires water to seep in. The opposite-named suit keeps water away from body.

Insulated for cold weather ?! Add an immersion suit.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The author of the article is clearly doesn't have the slightest knowledge in the difference between wet suit vs dry suit. And that even breathable dry suit has been around for some time.

Anyway assuming the pilot managed to eject and ditching into the water without mechanical injury, getting into the life raft shouldn't be a problem. What baffle me is why they don't use integrated personal life raft such as that in ACES

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    NOPE! This was the only school I said NO to. That was in 1985 and I hope they have changed how it is run. Been through every other active SERE school that was available while I served (Jungle -JEST and Panama, Mountain, Artic, Desert) a few of them for multiple levels. Something about floating around on the ocean in a raft, seemed like a bad career move to me.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna and Dale,

The United States is in decay.

TMT Tactical likes this.