Show Us The Angling Tackle You Carry With You.

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Keith H., Jul 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Do you carry any angling tackle with you on treks? Is this tackle a permanent part of your survival equipment? Show us what you carry.

[​IMG]
    I carry two linen hand lines with spare hand forged fish hooks of various sizes & sinew & brass leaders in a brass container. This tackle I carry in my belt pouch at all times.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I carry monofilament line only (20lb) the rest can be improvised!

3. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    When I go fishing all I use are jigs and live bait they are very successful in my area. bait can be anything from worms you dig up to part of a fish that you already caught. due to the amount of fish in the area I would bring a full rod and reel with a few jigs.
    I have heard of fishing yoyo's but have never seen or used one as they are you are not allowed to fish with them in my area. not a problem for WROL though. has anyone else used them? do they work?

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I carry a small package filled with assorted hooks, weights, snap swivels, a couple of flys, jigs and tiny plastic lures ,and some little eye screws for making better fishing poles. I then wrap it with 6lb mono, 10lb mono, 20lb mono and 50 lb braid and top it off with paracord. . I can whittle a float if I need one. This is about half the size of a deck of cards or even if I pass on the paracord but the paracord can be a stringer and that is nice to have.