Silicon Valley Disaster Response Forum

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 11, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.directrelief.org/2019/1...california-is-digital-democratic-and-diverse/

Good morning all,

Above link still allows for a "Good morning" if of strong mental composition and know why the novel (and later the movie) "Dr Zhivago" was written.

The link is too tilted to the negative aspects of civilization. It mentions the United Nations.

We Americans are really "YOYO": Your'e On Your Own". Now, YOYO allows for redemption. NOLA's Cajun Navy equaled or out-performed counterparts in the Caribbean, South Asia and sub-Sahara Africa.

Instead of meeting on the 2nd floor of an office building, consider meeting in a field, at night, next to a morgue trailer. This environment allows for a more accurate focus. Dress warm.

I have social vulnerabilities.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    A quote from linked article:
    "From 2014 to the present, that rate more than doubled. From January 2014 until this month, California registered a total of 17 major disaster declarations. One of those was an earthquake in Napa County in 2014. Five were severe wildfire events. The other 11 were related to flooding primarily caused by severe winter storms, in many cases occurring on the heels of wildfire burns to produce deadly mudslides."

So lets see poor forest management and allowing folks to build in flood prone areas has nothing to due with the high rate of disasters. Seems as always, discuss the results but not the cure. If they really want to deal with the problems discuss what has created or exacerbated the issues.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if silicon valley has a disaster that's the end of all those micro chips??

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Silicon Valley is just a moniker for US tech industry in general, and has nothing to do with semi-conductor industry in particular.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

Not too sure actually, and I'm quite the tech guy in more ways than one. I can tell you that the CPUs I've installed in computers were all stamped with another country on them. Now I can't for the life of me remember which one it was, but I do believe it was in Latin America. Not Mexico, but further South.

On the other hand, there are indeed many tech companies in San Fran and the surrounding area. I chose to use OpenDNS for my DNS and they are based in San Fran. I chose to use CloudFlare for my website's and they too are located in San Fran. I even think FaceMoron is located thereabouts as well. What's funny is that their servers are mostly in the land of no snakes, Ireland.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    And that's where I stop reading.

I have this rule and another like it. When I see on Twitter or Parler someone say "woke", I scroll right past.

Used to live in Riverside, Californiastan myself. And this song is a perfect description. You may not like it, but hear the words.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    And what CPU was that? o_O There isn't any single foundry at South America. The only semi-conductor industry there only produce smartcard. Consumer grade CPU from both AMD & Intel are mostly produce in USA (Intel have foundry in Ireland though)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Heard the new communist / Social-Democrat slogan?!

Sycophants of the world, unite!

333a82a8d7a1e948c9d81a5e1a45ce1d.png

TMT Tactical likes this.