Some Nurses Quit During Mismanaged Pandemic

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-some-nurses-have-quit-during-coronavirus-pandemic-n1201796

Good morning all,

Per ...

Article leads with picture of nurse at a private Stockholm hospital.

I agree with the DC nurse. Reusing a single-use mask is equivalent to not wearing a mask. Even the news one's are not 100% effective. My personal preference as a private citizen is a folded scarf - only because my Cub Scout bandana is lost to my life's frequent moves.

Less the career disruptions re the resignations, it's obvious that the hospitals are being restructured. Perhaps a building no longer is ideal for bio problems.

As much as the medical community has too large of a payroll and the compensation packages are well above other cats of employment, nurses are not generously paid.

TMT Tactical likes this.