Spring Allergy Fighter Tea

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Justin Baker, Feb 20, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Spring is springing! At least in some places. And in those places there will inevitably be people who are affected by spring allergies. Let’s all do our part to help them fight it! Share this recipe with them, make it for them, or make it for yourself!

INGREDIENTS:
    • 1 Tablespoon Dried Stinging Nettle Leaves, crushed.

• 1 Tablespoon Dried Chamomile Flowers, crushed.

• ½ Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, grated or shredded.

• ½ Fresh Lemon, squeezed.

• ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder

• 1 Tablespoon Local, Raw Honey.

• ½ Tablespoon Rosehips, crushed.

• ½ Tablespoon Dried Eyebright, crushed.
    IF AVAILABLE:
    • 1 Tablespoon Fresh Juiced Papaya

• 1 Tablespoon Fresh Juiced Spinach
    DIRECTIONS:
    Super easy: Place all the ingredients in a pot and cover with boiling water. Let this concoction steep for 8 minutes, then remove from heat. Pour through cheesecloth into a mug. During spring allergy season, I recommend 3 cups a day, one with each meal.

All the ingredients and supplies can be found through affiliate links on my blog. As always, I recommend Starwest Botanicals. Feel free to peruse my website, >>HERE<< where I do have some other recipes, some tips on wellness in general, and from there you can also purchase herbs and equipment you may require through my affiliate links. I do earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, from those purchases.

Oh! And don’t forget, I am not a licensed physician, so before beginning or changing any routines that can affect your health, it is always a good idea to consult your doctor.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Make sure you use LOCAL an RAW honey! It's more integral than you know!

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Justin,

Can you amplify on the raw honey.

It costs more and am wondering if it is better than the other stuff sold that is honey - but not raw.

As far as health goes, I would buy the raw honey but never knew if really worth it.

Homey is big item here in my shack.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Once honey has been pasteurized, it loses a lot of nutritional and medicinal value and becomes little more than just a basic sweetener.. The reason to chose local, raw honey is that the local flora and fauna in your immediate environment adds to the benefit. The bees are giving back what you need to fight allergies specific to your environment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Justin,

Most appreciative.

Thank you.

In a few hours from now will be getting an ample supply of raw honey and using current, relatively large, pasteurized supply as a sweetener.

Justin Baker and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Once the pasteurized is used up, switching over to all raw will be an improvement on your health! In my home, honey is one of our prized resources!
    side note:
    Prepping honey - If left, tightly sealed in a good glass jar, honey will crystallize. Although it gets harder to use in this state, it is still just as potent and still just as delicious. We call it honey candy after it crystallizes. We obtain ours a gallon at a time, and if and when it crystallizes (the different plant sources that the bees went to create different water contents in the honey they make, so therefore you get different crystallization temperatures. Some quick, and some hardly ever), I scoop out about a pint at a time with a sturdy metal soup spoon, place it in a glass pint jar, then put that jar in a pot of water on an upside-down lid (so it wont burn). I put that on low heat (never above 95 degrees), and within an hour it is liquefied again. Easy-Peasy.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Here's the new Starwest Botanicals link . I'll be updating my blog soon to reflect that! Now I can send my audience to the source, instead of through alternative sellers! I'm very excited about that!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Justin,

Merci re additional info re honey candy.

Already bought 5 (although plastic) containers of raw honey at Aldi's, a discount grocery prominent east of the Mississippi, less Louisiana and much of Arkansas.

I remember that honey was called "The nectar of the gods". So true.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    oh, I do have knowledge of Aldi's ;)

Yep. So true!

TMT Tactical likes this.