Stocking Up ....making Bank..

Discussion in 'Urban Survival' started by watcherchris, Jun 4, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not quite sure I am putting this in the right board/arena... but here goes...

I have sort of a principle I try to maintain on certain items here...survival prepper items as well as other items around the house and home.

Paper towels, laundry detergent, soap, tooth paste, toilet tissue...et al....soap...what I tend to call ". Bank." I do not like my levels to get below what I call bank...particularly in certain items.

Today I went to one of these big item stores...volume stores and bought another 48 pack of AA batteries as I have been going through a lot of them of late. I have three other 48 packs on hand but do not like it to get but so low in the "Bank"....particularly as we are going into Hurricane season around here. I try to buy battery operated Items which work off of AA batteries so that keeping different batteries/types is kept to a minimum.

Another thing I picked up was a large container of laundry detergent though I have three others.....again maintaining "Bank." One large toilet tissue. and one large pack of paper towels.
    Same principle...Bank.....dont let it get below Bank.

What I particularly went to pick up was four 40 oz, containers of Honey..These are real honey and I decided to get it here...as in many places honey has gotten expensive for the small bear like containers.

I clean out my olde plastic squeeze honey bears (2) and refill.

Also bought two tubes of anti biotic ointment to go in my new locker at the job site.....now that I am a "DayWalker." That is something I like to keep around...at home and at work...also in my daily BOB.

Becoming a Daywalker has altered my preps a bit but I still try to maintain "Bank."

My non Ishmaelite .02

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I did not panic with the so called toilet paper shortage.....as did some...but try to keep plenty on hand.....bank....

I did not need to run to the stores and clean out the shelves....

Advantage of having "Bank."

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    All the wife and I want to do with our money right now is to relocate to my home state (low land taxes; no state income tax).

Can't do it.

Big investment companies are land-grabbing in rural areas. Urban buildings are going empty -- i.e. cities are being abandoned, too dangerous, taxes too high. Add that interest rates are going up. Add that biden regime is punishing, via taxation, people with good credit ratings (our rating is the highest, so we stand to get knocked-down by this communist tax).

Where to invest?! The stock market and the US dollar are soon going to nosedive. Trying to build on land now is a bad deal due to building materials being inferior and being too expensive.

We continually buy canned food to replace our stores as that is used. I've prepped such that there are no big-ticket items to buy.

For the wife and I, we are currently inside one of the SHTF events.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    never heard of stocking up being called Bank.
    like all wise people we stock up in the good times when store stocks are high, therefore not affecting anyone else, no one is going short because we stock up, living where we do in a rural area we have to stock up, the supermarket we use is a 40 minute drive away.
    we do not stock up when there is a supply chain problem, we leave it to the panicking masses who do not stock up to clear the shelves all by themselves.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wait.......Wait....I need to stock up on ESPN and Kardashian memorabilia.... it is a matter of survival!!!

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    On the serious side...I am making plans to stock ....in my work locker...two jars of instant coffee...certain creamer that I like and also sugar......just in case. I am not partial to instant coffee but it is for when in a pinch and the electricity should go out for long periods of time.

Also thinking about a box of tea bags as well.

I mostly drink coffee at home......but on occasion I like coffee at work...

I have a way to heat water if need be ...without electricity.....

But no doubt microwaves are nice and also we have that kind of water cooler wherein it provides both cold and hot water.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we like instant coffee, wife's cousin calls it our "coffee flavoured granules"!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    memorabilia....for survival?? you gotta be kidding!
    talk about a waste of space.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Flavored drinks made from packets are an important part of one's survival stores. These packs take-up very little space and make filtered water taste better. This is particularly important for the children in one's family.

At work, I kept tea, drink packs (they had added vitamins), and powdered chocolate that I would add to coffee. Our offices had a kitchen and coffee was provided (by the case). In my office, I dedicated a file cabinet area to canned goods such as "Beans & Weenies", kippered herring, pull-ring zip-top cans of spaghetti'n'meatballs, ... . Yes, I had people call me crazy. Had there been an emergency, I sure wouldn't have shared with those elitist sh##s. Being so salty, kippers can be stored for years.

This wasn't just for lunch. This stuff is good for snacking. Food has nutrition and candy-crap is hollow nutrition-wise. Even if the food is canned crap, still it has nutritional value. Starches alone may or may not keep you alive ... for a little while -- sure won't be good for you.

"Kwashiorkor"

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/23099-kwashiorkor

"Kwashiorkor is a type of malnutrition characterized by severe protein deficiency. It causes fluid retention and a swollen, distended abdomen. Kwashiorkor most commonly affects children, particularly in developing countries with high levels of poverty and food insecurity. People with kwashiorkor may have food to eat, but not enough protein."

upload_2023-6-5_20-18-30.png

upload_2023-6-5_20-19-15.png

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    was watching a short program about processed foods last evening, processed foods are bad enough but ultra processed are even worse, high in chemicals and the sweetners they use can seriously damage ones health.
    used occasionally they arent too bad but a diet of ready meals and cakes and doughnuts would do serious damage and many people live on this stuff, this leads to tumours and heart disease.
    a lot of the studies that are done on the health implications are funded by the very companies that make this rubbish so any conclusion must be biased at best.