Survivalist Bear Gryllis In News

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 14, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if BG plays Bond that will be the end of that franchise.

3. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    You got that right. I never did like him, there was no way that he did that survival show without help , he had a full film crew following him, and there is now way that the film crew
    would sleep in trees with out all sorts of help.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    he's more of a Showman than a survivalist, more of a "show off" if you ask me.

wally, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    My agreement Lonewolf.

A Bobcat ATV just can't replace an Aston Martin. A Gateraid won't be replacing the famous martini.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    BG is an accident waiting to happen, the way he throws himself down waterfalls!! he is the last person I want near me in a survival situation, now Ray Mears would be welcome.

wally, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  7. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    well at least it won't be a woman playing james bond...:rolleyes:

TMT Tactical and BSHJ like this.
    1. Dalewick
      I think I'd rather have the woman.

Dalewick, Mar 16, 2021
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    If the producers are that dumb and want to end the franchise, that will do it. They would be much better off to give the part to Kate Beckinsale, Michelle Keegan or Emilia Clarke or go completely away from the books and hire one of the Hemsworth brothers. LOL!

Anyone but Gryllis PLEASE!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    yesterday evening being bored I turned on the television and up pops this show called " Mountain Men " . Ordinarily I would have flipped the channel but there was this guy they called " Jason " making a film very close to our survival retreat . That got my attention . From my perspective this was hilarious . This reality prepper / survivalist show was faked from one end to the other and everything in between . The film producers missed the ship and ended up in a canoe , having to fake such a show when they could have filmed a much more interesting and for real survivalist group by going a short distance to our survival retreat . Watching all the fake and scripted crap was funny though .

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      All of them are fake to some degree. Bear Gryllis not only has a film crew with him but he also has a safety crew with him and they usually spend nights in a hotel. Tough survival conditions. LOL!

On "Mountain Men" I always laugh at the price they say they get for furs. NO BODY gets rich trapping these days. You do good to make gas money.

Dalewick, Mar 16, 2021
      TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to like watching that show when it was on over here, some time ago now, however what I found out later proved that the show was one big fake.

11. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Yep, all those 'in the wild' shows are faked......that's why you should watch things like American Idol and The Batchelor.....you know, so you have genuine reality to entertain you.
    PS....how do they count so many votes so quickly on those shows?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I did like the mountain men for two people Marty Meierotto, and tom oar . they looked genuine to me , also Eustace Conway

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      Eustace is an idiot and does whatever they tell him to. My oldest used to live a few miles from him. People in small communities talk.

Marty Meierotto is probably the most genuine person on the show. At least he actually runs a trapline.

Dale

Dalewick, Mar 18, 2021
      poltiregist likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to like "Alaska the last frontier" but I dont think those Kiltchers are for real.
    I certainly dont think they are as remote as they make out, they got Eve to the maternity hospital quick enough!
    I think all these "reality" shows are fake.

15. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    If your interested in a show that's more real than fake, try "the Last Alaskans" or almost as good "the Yukon Men". Yukon men stretches things for ratings at times. The Last Alaskans show living in the wilderness for what it is, a hard life. There even up front about the people not living there year around but leaving in the summer when the insects are so bad you can't stand it.

Dale

PS - The show with the Kilchers made the mistake of saying where they are before. There actually on a road and about 12 miles from town.

16. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Living a genuine prepper / survivalist lifestyle as we know is not an exciting and jaw dropping event every day . When the camera crew arrives and are ready to film , they don't want an uneventful day , so the event they are going to film is pre-scripted and all set up to unfold as the script dictates . Some of the characters apparently are even dressed up in a costume for the film . This is about on par with fake wrestling .

17. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That's what I like best about the Last Alaskans. It's not about prepping or survivalist. It's people living life old school in the Artic NWR making a living trapping fur and hunting for food. They made it illegal build a cabin in the National Wildlife Refuge system the year before I had planned on going up a starting a trapline. Oh, well. The wife probably wouldn't have wanted to stay in Alaska any ways. She loved Colorado though. LOL!

Dale