Surviving poisoning

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by remnant, Jun 15, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

  1. remnant

    remnant Expert Member

    Blog Posts:
    There are many places of social interaction that people get poisoned. Cases of people having their beverages spiked in bars, restaurants and other places are rife. Usually, one is targeted with the aim of robbing him or her when they become comatose. In other cases, its outright murder or rape. These activities are done covertly. I have never been a victim but would like to hear from the experiences and knowledge of others with regard to this area.
  2. lonewolf

    lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member

    Blog Posts:
    there is a rule in bars in the UK-never leave your drink unattended.
    I heard a lot of reports about a "date rape" drug being used in such cases but it seems to have dropped off the news some time ago.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Corzhens

    Corzhens Master Survivalist

    Blog Posts:
    The only antidote I know for poisoning is milk and sugar. The milk, when taken immediately, would dilute the poison and make you vomit. That may not totally eradicate the poison from your digestive system but definitely the amount will be lessened. With sugar, it is mixed in water and drank, one glass in one drinking. That would also dilute the poison and the sugar would tend to weaken the potency. But unlike milk, sugared water will not make you vomit.

    When in the wild, eat grass. Although grass is tough but you have to chew in order to swallow. Grass will take control of the poison and like milk, it will make you vomit until all the poison is gone from your system. This grass as antidote is what dogs are doing. When they have stomach ache, they would eat grass that will make them vomit and cure the stomach ache.
  4. Arkane

    Arkane Master Survivalist

    Blog Posts:
    I was poisoned!
    Accidentally with cockroach baits !
    I got just a single lungfull of the fumes from fresh cockroach baits. I got sick like food poisoning within minutes and it lasted for a week and a bit.
    Then I mostly got over it except for hyper sensitive skin with a fly landing on me feeling like a stormtrooper doing manouvers!
    And then 18months later getting a very rare cancer! with endless side effects even now!

    Do not get poisoned handle all with care!
    Mine was a classic case of stupid people doing stupid things because they are too stupid to think!
  5. AlexM

    AlexM New Member

    Blog Posts:
    I know it's a pretty common thing, but food poisoning from uncooked vegetables can be a very hard thing to recover from. I've had the unfortunate experience of surviving food poisoning four times in my life. The first two times was from undercooked meat, but the last two times was from unwashed vegetables, and that was actually way worse!! Some tips on recovering from such a sickness are as follows.

    Hydration! Drink as much water as you can. You will throw up, but keep drinking anyway. You can also kill bacteria in your stomach by eating lots of these foods, garlic, pumpkin seeds, and pineapples. Garlic is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants and cleansers of any harmful bacteria in your body. Pineapples are great for cleansing your large intestines, and pumpkin seeds actually paralyze any parasitic hosts living in your digestive system.
  6. lonewolf

    lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member

    Blog Posts:
    I think the current advice is not too wash food too much, sure take off any mud and stuff but washing actually spreads the germs around, or so they say, its the cooking that kills them.
  7. Endure

    Endure Expert Member

    Blog Posts:
    Poison control centers across USA get more than two million calls a year about potential exposure to poisons. Almost all of these exposures occur in the home and 80% of all poisonings are in children between 1 and 4 years old. I suggest to follow these general guidelines to prevent poisoning in the home (even in the wilderness too).

    • Install safety locks/childproof latches on all cabinets to restrict access to children.
    • Store potential poisons including detergents, medications, and chemical products (like pesticides and drain cleaners) out of reach and out of sight of children -- inside the house as well as in the garage or shed. In addition, it's always best to lock them up. Never underestimate your child's ability to climb.
    • Return all products to storage immediately after use. .
    • Safely discard -- into a sealed, outdoor trash receptacle -- all household products and medications that are old or aren't used regularly.
    • Never mix products; dangerous fumes could result.
    • Vitamins and supplements also should be out of reach of children.
    • Stay away from areas that have been sprayed recently with pesticides or fertilizer.
    Also, learn to recognize some signs of potential poisoning, which can include:

    • Difficulty breathing
    • Difficulty speaking
    • Dizziness
    • Unconsciousness
    • Foaming or burning of the mouth
    • Cramp
    • Nausea
    • Vomiting
    That's pretty much it. Whe foraging, bring along a compendium of mushrooms and plants in order to readily identify them.
Similar Threads Forum Date
Surviving Under Communisum News, Current Events, and Politics Jul 10, 2020
Surviving A Nuclear Bomb Attack Other Not Listed Situations Jan 10, 2020
Thoughts On Surviving A Disaster News, Current Events, and Politics Sep 6, 2019
Surviving Without A Domesticated Animal Animal Husbandry Sep 1, 2019
Surviving End Of 60s: Woodstock The Hangout Aug 15, 2019
Surviving Government Tyranny Other Not Listed Situations May 21, 2019
'surviving' Bushpigs In The Reeds... Survival Stories Mar 29, 2019
The Resilient Gardener — Surviving And Thriving Gardening, Plant Propegation, & Farming Mar 6, 2019
Venezuela - Surviving On The Edge Survival Stories Feb 25, 2019
Surviving The Fall W/ Piero San Giorgio And Jf News, Current Events, and Politics Jan 7, 2019

Share This Page