Surviving the Workplace

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 24, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to survival it's not always about being thrown into some random weird situation sometimes survival can happen at the strangest or least likely of places. Take for example survival at work. Some people might think what do you mean survival at work what kind of job do you do? In all actuality survival at work applies to most everybody with all forms of jobs. Many jobs of dangerous chemicals and other harmful things just waiting to get you. Knowing how to respond properly should something happen or an accident occur is essential in not only helping yourself but potentially helping someone else. Safety measures are put in place all over the workforce so that you may have a safe for work environment. From operating machinery with the proper equipment and safety guidelines being utilized to know when where your hazmat sheets for poison control in your workplace are located. Even restaurants will have a hazmat sheet just in case somebody comes in contact with any of the harsh chemicals that are used in cleaning and sanitizing the kitchens. Surviving at your workplace can be an easy task when everybody follows the safety rules.When it comes to survival it's not always about being thrown into some random weird situation sometimes survival can happen at the strangest or least likely of places.
    upload_2016-1-25_0-38-46.png
    Take for example survival at work. Some people might think what do you mean survival at work what kind of job do you do? In all actuality survival at work applies to most everybody with all forms of jobs. Many jobs of dangerous chemicals and other harmful things just waiting to get you. Knowing how to respond properly should something happen or an accident occur is essential in not only helping yourself but potentially helping someone else. Safety measures are put in place all over the workforce so that you may have a safe for work environment. From operating machinery with the proper equipment and safety guidelines being utilized to know when where your hazmat sheets for poison control in your workplace are located. Even restaurants will have a hazmat sheet just in case somebody comes in contact with any of the harsh chemicals that are used in cleaning and sanitizing the kitchens. Surviving at your workplace can be an easy task when everybody follows the safety rules.

2. Cara

Cara New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I work in the medical field and we have several procedures to follow for safety, especially if you have contact with patients. For example if a patient is placed in isolation you have to gear up from head to toe. Not doing this could result in spreading disease which could be fatal. We also have chemicals that we use to sterilize equipment. We have a giant binder with the MSDS sheets for every chemical used. The list goes on and not following safty protocol could and can be harmful to you and everyone around you.

3. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I should also say that survival in the workplace depends on the line of work you have taken. For example, in an office environment, survival is limited to your outlook as opposed to physical elements and largely involve stress management. A recent report in my country shows that some school principles are dying because of work related stress. In dangerous environments like factories, the most important asset is prescence of mind.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I generally worked alone, mostly self employed, as a loner this always suited me, I was brought up with the saying "if you want a job doing well, do it yourself"! it applies more and more these days, i'm afraid, sloppy workmanship is all around us and the prevailing attitude seems to be "that'll do!"

5. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm an assistant nurse in my local hospital so all of my work is with patients, this involves patients with infectious disease, confused and violent patients and patients who are unable to mobilise. I've been punched a few times, kicked, bitten, scratched. I've got ill from being around outbreaks of norovirus and I have a long standing back problem which I've managed to get from the constant heavy lifting involved when you are physically moving very large people who can't move themselves. Of course there are procedures in place to help you, protective clothing, constant hand washing and manual handling techniques. There isn't much you can do about a swift right hook though, especially when you are trying to keep eyes on 10 people at once. There are also councelling services for staff where I work because you tend to see quite a lot of distressing stuff but there are always a packet of biscuits close by to help with it all!