New Member Teacher Looking To Be Taught

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Sam Hartford, Aug 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sam Hartford

Sam Hartford New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey all. New member here. Looking to learn more than I post. Hopefully I can share a little as well. Live in South Central KY, am a school teacher/coach, parent, and am slowly starting to get into the survival/prepping scene.

2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us. There is a wealth of information and great people here. Do not be shy about asking questions. Everyone is willing to share.

Meerkat and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Ditto what Morgan posted.
    Welcome to this forum.

Meerkat and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Meerkat likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Sam,

Welcome to MSF.COM

You're entering a great field that's important especially being a parent and "guardian" of kids at school.

Transmitting grid east of you at coastal Virginia.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  6. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Hi I'm new here too so welcome to another newbee.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to here, Sam! My hat off to you for taking on one of the most important jobs on the planet: teaching the young ones. IMO, because of the importance of the job and the level of effort required, teachers should be paid more than politicians.

We are looking forward to helping you in any way that we can, so please don't be bashful about asking questions.

You may notice that many of our conversations are of the "advanced survival" type or even non-prep related...but that's because a few here are decades-long preppers and survivalists. Don't let that throw you off; take a look around at some of the older threads in our many fine rooms (subforums). And, feel free to start new threads!

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from the Gunshine State.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Sam, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome . you are sitting in a position where you may be able to influence young minds into thinking in ways they may not have before . By introducing adventures type prepping / survival novels in your school library or even book reports . I certainly as a student would have been much more interested in such subjects than the boring stuff I was presented .

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  11. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome, Sam, from an aspiring (and perspiring) goat- and chicken-farming retiree in southern Idaho!

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sam, you'll get into trouble if you EVER insinuate that Big Brother cannot take care of any emergency situation. Even in an American state like Kentucky (several states are no longer, in any way shape form or fashion, a part of America), the educational system is suffused with the government-dependency crew. Beware! Sidestep the anti-American collectivists.

Yet, I wish you luck! American communities still exist. The kids you are teaching today are certain to be faced with the inevitable SHTF events and must survive them. Think of your school kids as the ones who WILL survive, thus necessitating your inculcation of the survival mind-set. There are plenty of events in history wherein people faced with certain annihilation exhibited their superiority and drove on through to the other side of the fiery mayhem. Point to people like the Hmong tribespeople who survived the communist extermination programs. Now there's a tough crew of people; leather souls; golden hearts.

Kids in urban areas are done-for.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Berkeley, California and Ithaca, New York not part of the good ol' USA ?

I would have never guessed.

At Arlington National Cemetery, there's now a Lao Veterans memorial monument. It's near the JFK Memorial and Tome of the Unknowns. Forgot street name.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Geezer, I'll have to tell my son that about "hearts of gold"! He's a high-school teacher, too, and his girlfriend is a Hmong refugee who came here as a little kid in the late eighties.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Berkeley, California and Ithaca, New York ... " -- They should be uprooted and moved in-toto to Europe.

"At Arlington National Cemetery, there's now a Lao Veterans memorial monument." Praise God!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Known Vietnamese who got out. Oh God the stories! One young fellow had gotten out and one story he told me has stuck in my mind for decades. Happened to him when he was 14. I'm NOT going to relate that one. When he got here, he knew that Americans were very wealthy, 'cause everywhere he went, he saw "hotdogs for sale" signs. Dog meat was rather expensive back in S.E. Asia. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. But I knew that to come from where that story came from would have torn something in me. He came from utter destitution and near death to become an electronics engineer in America. Do forgive if I, on occasion, wave Old Glory outside my house.

Decade later: Had a Vietnamese kid who "got out" and who was under my supervision at work (high tech crap). Had to talk the kid out of a situation that could have easily gone suicidal (with the help of a half-fifth of Jack Daniels inside the bloodstream of a person who might have gone 125 lb./9-stone soaking wet). Situation involved social differences that were from outer-space to me; yet suddenly, I was supposed to be some wise old f###er. He lived. I learned. Somebody had to tell me that how he addressed me meant that I was considered by him as a "respected grandfather, wise senior citizen" -- this was two decades ago. Help me, baby Jesus.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Old Geezer,

Real good reading.

Had not heard mention of "stone" as a unit of weight for at least over 60 + years !

Now the Vietnamese and other SEA allies as refugees did indeed have a well-founded fear of persecution - and worst.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Communism is alive and well. It is eating Europe and hopes to eat the former USA.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.