The Covid-19 Economic Recovery ("?")

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 22, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    one thing is true, Post Covid life is going to be very different to that before it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That maybe the case for new fleet which mean both ScaryBus and Boeing Not Going will have to rely from their Space & Military products line up. I strongly doubt about the less need for existing fleet, general aviation might even receive increase demand (executive jet). There are a lot of people that is overdue in their business or vacation travel itinerary (myself included), within that segment general aviation can make do for those of us who are more health conscious regarding the plague.

But the market demand for hotel is definitely going to the bottom at least until 2025.
    Personally I do see the start of a rebound by the end of Q4 2020.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    vacation air travel might increase in the future, it might not due to Covid-19, but is business air travel really needed these days with technology? meetings can be held on skype or whatever cutting out the cost of travel and expensive hotel rooms.
    even trade negotiations between countries is being done online these days so I am sure business could follow suit.
    dosent bother me personally, I do neither.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    NOT in Asia. Business around here is held & run by Baby Boomer & Gen-X demographic and the culture is we still need to meet the other side Face-to-Face, Eyes-to-Eyes albeit sans the handshake these days. Only after all sides able to weight in the other bonafide business can be conducted online.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

General aviation's corporate jet aviation is a big and hot topic here in the US. It will never disappear 100% because of campaign contributions. Much of it, however, could fade away. For the most part, in macro terms, it is inefficient and subsidized by scheduled airline service and airport authorities. The corporate jet uses an airport slot not reflecting its true cost because of the indirect subsidy. Plus, after MAS flight AMS - Ukraine, there are some global events that cannot be insured against. As an aside, US airports are due for consolidation / relocation for the new "space ports". This is still a "back burner" matter for the national planners but it is still on the infrastructure stove.

Not my post, but ... in your discussion with Lonewolf, ......

Face to face meetings are important/mandatory for some US businesses. We can expect post COVID for these meetings to only involve senior-level people. This is indirectly being forced on the world trade community by new arrangements such as China's Pearl River Delta special economic zone with the still being built high speed rail service. All costs go into the goods or services and only the Darwinians will thrive.

The Americans will soon learn that the party's over.

I am preparing a list of Forum Members - includes me also - overdue for vacation travel itinerary.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    And I'm overdue for so many things here from getting haircut, annual photo ops, the usual visit to several business units, procurement, not to mention vacation (I've been loathing to riding fish)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Ah, ... fish-riding.

I, too, need this type of relaxation. My DT's will then go away.

DTs = delirum tremens.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    For safety sake, you should get minimum Autonomous diver certification or equivalent (ISO 24801-2). Getting bumped underwater by 15.000 lbs - 20.000 lbs fish is a serious safety hazard

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Rule 1. Never get hit by a whale shark.
    2. Never get bit by ANY shark.
    3. Never swim in red tide.
    4. Stay out of boat lanes.
    5. NEVER volunteer for combat swims.

LOL! Easy to remember. LOL!

FYI - Never grab for a moving submarine either. LOL!

Dale

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm only overdue for two things:
    going to a market, either farm or general.
    going to a car boot sale( flea market in the US).
    the first one may be possible from June.
    second one is unknown.
    oh and a haircut is unknown to me, had neither since 1985- long hair and full beard, I do not know why the sheeple are banging on about haircuts, its only been lockdown here for barely 8 weeks.

12. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Our restaurants and most other stores are now open again. Ate at Chili's yesterday for my nephew's graduation. Life goes on.

Dale

13. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Because non-privilage poor people like me still need to do either working or doing business to make money. And in most civilized places that mean having professional / business look. And in my case it is a force of habit & practicality for having regulation haircut

It will be nice to have the tax payer footing the bill. Fair Distribution of Someone Else (taxpayer) Wealth sure work well for you do they :rolleyes:

Dalewick likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm retired, i'm on a pension which I contributed to all my working life.

15. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    where I live food stalls remain open (mandatory) during lockdown, albeit they only serve take-away or delivery. However for regular customer they still reserve seats for eating-in. Not exactly per lockdown regulation but nobody ever bother about it including the enforcing gov't agencies because their own people also need to eat somewhere

Dalewick likes this.