The Danger Index

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Skywalker, Apr 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    On a scale of 1-10, what is your opinion on how dangerous the overall situation is to your lifestyle and survival in today’s society.

1 is “Everything Is Wonderful”
    10 is “Apocalypse Now”

I’m putting the danger level at 6 for my particular neck of the woods.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We are at about a 3. I'm not too worried about the stupid virus and am much more concerned about the stupidity that I am seeing in people and especially in the Democrats in power. They are totally willing to crash this nation if it will improve their chances in November they are no longer Americans, just people that live here and feed on Americans. What is happening in New York and the West Coast is their plan for America. Raging brush fires, terrorism from endless aliens they will let in, collapsing infrastructure and the Biggest cities rotting to death from crime and disease. I will feel better when November is over if Trump wins if Biden wins it is over. Jump straight to 12 and get ready to bug out or go to war.

TMT Tactical, Caribou and Skywalker like this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would rate mine at 2 only because I don't know what's coming. I have about the same concerns as TexDanm.

People….Can't live with them, can't legally kill them. LOL!

Dale

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have to confess that if the world goes totally crazy there are a few people that will not do well if they mess with me. I guess even during the end of the world there might be a few bright spots.

TMT Tactical and Skywalker like this.
  5. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am at nine. And.....Yes, it very much surprises me to post a solid nine. And it might be ten. I am actually stunned and bewildered, with finding, then planning a course forward.

"Near the end of the road of my life, I awoke in a deep dark woods, and the way forward was wholly lost to me" (I have bastardized the opening line to: Dante's "The Divine Comedy")
    And in a twisted kind'a way that seems timely, accurate, and justified.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Can't live with them, can't legally kill them"

Depends on how rich you are, what kind of relationship with the cops you have.

I mean, if you are amongst the worshiped, you can stick an unconscious pregnant girlfriend in your car and drive it off a bridge.

7. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm. Tricky one. At the moment I'd say a 1 - 2. Things are pretty wonderful for me, anyway. Living in the middle of nowhere, plenty of food, I'm as happy as a pig in shite. However, I'm leaning towards a 2 because there's the "unknown" factor.

8. BugOutHive

BugOutHive Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    The Doomsday Clock is 100 seconds away from midnight; the closest it's ever been. I'd say we're all at least an 8 and trying to ignore the big picture.

9. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    You’re miles ahead of the pack just because you realize that the shit might hit the fan sooner than we think.

10. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    1 ( 1 ^100/100) * (-45/-45) * 100%

11. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    China is at war with us. The moslems are at war with everybody, even other moslems. Our economy is teetering on the edge. I'm an optimist, 8.

Rebecca, Skywalker, Sourdough and 2 others like this.
  12. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I give the scale of this falling off the cliff a 8 . My personal situation is like " Blitz " .I welcome the earth changing collapse. Therefore for me personally I give the effect on me and my group a one .

Rebecca, Caribou, Skywalker and 2 others like this.
  13. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    For me it is a 4 and only because of my age and medical conditions. if I was younger or in better health, I would rate it a 3.

Caribou, Skywalker and Sourdough like this.
  14. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not sure, this virus thing could go either way so i'd say maybe a 5, if it goes the way I think it will i.e. total SHTF then an 8 maybe even a 9.

15. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Skywalker,

Ref: lifestyle, survival

I'm typing a "5".

My lifestyle is fine as a senior citizen retiree in a rural county in my well-outfitted house in a forest. This rural county, however, is part of a corridor connecting Washington, D.C. and Hampton Roads, Virginia.

My "survival" is well below the average because medical care is limited here by design. So is public safety. Funds are allocated elsewhere.

Hurricanes are this area's natural danger and they are manageable with our record supporting this. I'm currently finalizing preparations for this season's hurricanes. The corona virus is only a news item in survival importance.

In today's society, from my vantage point, a flareup such as a military event most anywhere in the world or an aspect of economic warfare, activates the USN on a large scale although not seen as such by the public. The USN, like mass sheltering and mass medical care have large amounts of decay and thus hurting area residents here.

Thus, my above typed "5".

16. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well......Well.......Well.......Some interesting clarity drifts into awareness. Last night as I was reflecting on my above post (I think post #5) smashing and forcing into me was the opening line to the "Divine Comedy". Slowly I could see its perfectness of my current reality.

Now roughly eight hours having passed, I see it is also the perfectness of the collective current reality.

And that is not cheery news, for those who have a grasp* of Dante's "The Divine Comedy".

Very interesting.

NOTE: I may have inadvertently surpassed "Pragmatist" for posting cryptic and brilliant messages.

*My grasp of comprehending Dante's "The Divine Comedy" is like everyone's...We don't, but we enjoy pretending we fully comprehend it's perfection.

17. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Sourdough,

You did.

Like Oswald Spengler said: "Optimists are cowards".

Ref Dante, I'm reminded of a quote by physicist Richard Feynman:

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  18. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    :rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    We are entering "HELL" or what we think of as "TEOTWAWKI".

Not the end of existence for humans, but a massive "Reset" and pain for our recent foolishness. Collectively we have to endure what is coming, we do not get to vote on our participation.

The Inferno tells of the journey through Hell, it is the "realm ... of "Social Systems" that have rejected spiritual values by yielding to bestial appetites or violence, or by perverting their human intellect to fraud or malice against their fellowmen".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy

20. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would put myself at a 5. We are well prepared. I do have to go out occasionally really only to pick up meds. I am not concerned over any societal unrest, or any shortages.

What worries me immensely is the economy. I am still working (fortunately) and the Stock Market tanking did not help. I think the unemployment rate will stay very high, and many of the lost jobs will never come back. Companies will use this as a convenient time to downsize without getting their hands dirty. There will be many bankruptcies and those companies will never come back. I feel like I have to work at least one more year, and hope I still have a job when there is light at the end of this tunnel.

21. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    I’m afraid a lot of people are going to be completely surprised when their jobs evaporate. They still have a short time to get ready for the tough times ahead. Some people are clueless, though. My hippie neighbors across the street had a big blowout party yesterday, just as if nothing calamitous is waiting for us over the horizon.

Rebecca, Caribou, Sourdough and 2 others like this.
  22. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm putting it at 8, and mostly for how this plague triggering world wide recession and its rendered humanity industrial base to nearly a halt which further exacerbate the problem. Also I believe this plague will persist all the way to Q1 2021

Caribou, TMT Tactical and Skywalker like this.
  23. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'd vote 6 out of 10.
    This is due to my concerns for my family.

24. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    We need to merge towns and small cities. Get rid of redundant local government. Maybe merge three states into one state, get rid of those governments.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...id-19-collapse-of-state-and-local-governments

Skywalker, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  25. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think they may figure out that we don't need teachers, suddenly students are learning at home, on computers. Or maybe get rid of 70% of teachers.

26. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    The teachers here are on all on PAID ‘vacations’ since all of the schools are closed. They complain about being underpaid and overworked, but they only work 185 days a year. That’s just a bit over 1/2 of a year.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  27. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    ^Sorry, I digressed....

Interesting. There seems to be a wide range of opinions on the danger/threat level.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well........a large part of individuals assessment involves their age/health/location.

Also some see rainbows and unicorns and everything is going to be wonderful, or not very bad for very long. Some like myself see hell coming, the worse conditions in our lifetime, and some of us are in our mid 70's, a few in their 80's.

I am trying to figure out how to get food for all next winter, and get a tooth extracted, see my medical people, and do all of that while staying 300 feet from all humans or anything they might have touched.

Actually two years ago I would have responded to this thread question, as a man "Hell'on Wheels" nine feet tall, fully bulletproof, able to run naked in the dark of night, into the Alaska wilderness in December at -55* below zero in 12 feet of snow, with "only" my Swiss Army Knife, and build a shopping center in 12 hours.

My location was a great survival asset for the last 23 years. But going blind with AMD (Age related Macula Degeneration has turned this wonderful and perfect survival location, into a pending deathtrap.

Morgan101, Caribou, Dalewick and 3 others like this.
  29. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    I’d like to believe that things will improve but judging from the fact that 1/2 the world seems to hate us, I think our enemies are watching and thinking of other more devious ways to destroy us.

30. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Skywalker, Our enemies have been trying to destroy us since we won the Revolution. I'm not as old as some on the forum, but I'm old enough to have trained to kill Russians and hunted down the great grandfathers of the same terrorist shits our country didn't learn about until 9/11. I had a NCO explain it to me this way. Your an American soldier and there may not always be wars, but there will always be combat.

As long as there are Americans willing to fight, there will be an America. Just sayin,...

Dale

31. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm really at a 5 given that I think, think that a vaccine will come out, but hopefully not too late where you have an economy that can't come back. I'm at a 5 because I think now my sentiments have been answered after 12 years of me bitching about the China problem for 12 long years on Internet forums all over only to be met with bitterness and scorn. What I stated is that we need to make our own shit here in this country and now politicians are starting to see that and agree what Trump said all along. So once the renewed industrial revolution begins here in this country our exports, stock market and GDP will be like you never saw before EVER!

Just like after WWII, there was a major economic boom. And we did beat polio. Also, I saw a doctor on the news who's familiar with pandemics say pandemics last about three months. Lets hope he's right with this pain in the ass plague let lose from bastard China.

1. Dalewick
      I hope your right on manufacturing coming home, but knowing our politicians. I give it 6 to 12 months and the Chinese will start slipping them money again and it will be business as usual. Hope I'm wrong.

Dalewick, Apr 15, 2020
  32. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    Well said, Dale

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  33. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    China : “We so sorry. We fuck up.” :rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    I just watched a short video by a well known Internet personality. He says we are in a de facto war with China that just hasn’t gone ‘hot’ yet. He predicts that there will be a nuclear exchange between the US and China. Get your popcorn and your gas mask ready....

35. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I hope your right on manufacturing coming home, but knowing our politicians. I give it 6 to 12 months and the Chinese will start slipping them money again and it will be business as usual. Hope I'm wrong.

You're absolutely wrong. :cool: The Chinese are paying them right now, why would they stop.

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and Skywalker like this.
  36. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

I don't think that'll happen unless China shares the same philosophy as Muslims were death is no consequence. We could absolutely annihilate China and then some. If the president of China likes being in power and his riches, likes being alive and not suffer the absolute devastation that is nuclear winter, he'll think twice. Trump won't pull any punches. We know that is a given.

If he escapes, Delta Force or U.S. Navy SEALS WILL find him in collaboration with the CIA just like Osama. Of course DC would be target # 1. But we have contingencies just like China and all the rest.

37. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    China will sacrifice millions of their troops and civilians but the leaders are not going to sacrifice themselves. I can see major regional battles but not a nuclear war. It will break down into who has the most and best manufacturing capabilities. Can we ramp up production fast enough and out produce China's war machine? Not too sure but certainly hope we can.

Caribou, Skywalker and Morgan101 like this.
  38. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    It will take tax incentives and "BS' regulation reduction to foster a manufacturer to want to do business here in the U.S. again. I think it's safe to say that in large part due to the Demonuts tax and spend policies is why manufacturing went where it was cheaper and a profit could be made. It's probably why Facebook's servers are in Ireland due to less taxation.

Thanks to Trump and the Tax cuts & jobs act, the corporate tax rate was reduced from a whopping 35% to 21%. And that helps foster business and prior to the COVID-19 bullcrap the stock market agreed with record highs almost daily.

So in a nut shell, it's not trickle up that works, It's trickle down! And anyone that thinks otherwise better get an education in economics or corporate finance. And if they still think otherwise they should promptly get a refund from what ever shitbag college they went to. LOL

39. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

The largest non nuclear bomb in the U.S. inventory should help with a good ol' fashion population and troop reduction right quick. After all, we WILL own the air due to F-22s, F-35s, B-2's, you name it. And because of what I call a divide and conquer mentality by selling F-35s to our allies, China would not have a leg to stand on air superiority wise.

40. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    With the food shortage on the horizon " multiple huge meat packing plants in the U.S. have already shut down " . More likely the favored weapon would not be a nuke exchange contaminating the soil with radiation but an E.M.P. exchange .

Skywalker and TMT Tactical like this.
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not bothered about nuclear war because I don't think any country even NK is that stupid, but this virus is something else, if they-that is any country- lifts the lockdown too quickly we will see a second, third and fourth wave of infections and deaths as the virus finds new victims to infect. get it really wrong and is TEOTWAWKI and no mistake, civilisations will crumble without enough people to man the pumps, control the power plants and refineries and all the other things that go with a modern society.

42. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    From what I have heard it wouldn't require a nuclear strike. Blow up the Three Gorges Dam, and half of China would be washed out to sea. Hope it never comes to that.

F22: I would agree. Manufacturing has to come back; either through a tax incentive or a massive tariff or tax penalty for moving the production off shore. I hope, as you do, this will wake people up to the national security risk to losing these manufacturing capabilities.

Caribou, Skywalker and TMT Tactical like this.
  43. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    How about this little toy....

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Dalewick
      The MOAB is more powerful than our old daisy cutter. I got to see a daisy cutter used on a hilltop, to create a landing zone in Thailand. It was awesome.

Dale

Dalewick, Apr 18, 2020
      Skywalker and Caribou like this.
  44. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm still at the 3 or 4 levels myself. I think in part you have to understand that I bugged out over 30 years ago and have been pretty well ready for a long long time. At this point in my life, my expected life span is little affected by any of this. I have plenty of food, guns and ammo running out of my ears, and have the ability to go off grid with little effort or change in my lifestyle.

45. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    It appears that we’re moving towards a civil war where the starving hordes are fighting the prepper population.

Caribou, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  46. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't see much of a "True" prepper population. Most preppers (not "All") are just ever so slightly better prepared then the mass of humanity. I think we are kidding ourselves. Most preppers build around guns and themselves being hero daydreams. They don't build around rigorous physical fitness, slave physical manual labor, solo isolation, controlled fasting, etc..

They build around shit they can purchase. They build around watching You-Tube videos of guys being experts, and that guy in the video, learned what they are showing, just last week, from watching some other pretender on a different you-tube video, and that guy learned his simulated imitation expert experience from some other jackass's you-tube video.

If you took all of them into the wilderness, and said, do it for real right now, they would start to whimper and cry like a little girl.

This is not 100% true of 100% of preppers. But for the most part what the vast majority of so called preppers think they know.........in actual fact they have zero true "Boots in the Field" living it experience. And that makes them only ever so slightly better prepared then the totally un-prepared.

Can they jabber endlessly about ballistics and how accurate their straight out of the box Ruger 10/22 is, yep they can argue what they call "Guns" instead of "Firearms" for hours endlessly. They can jabber about what they call the best "calibers" instead of the best "cartridge" till the cows come home. And they could not milk a cow by hand to save their life.

And that is the end of todays RANT.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Caribou and Morgan101 like this.
  47. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's the difference between a prepper and a survivalist.
    most "preppers" in the UK only prepare to survive mainly minor events not the total collapse of civilisation as we know it , they would not want to survive in such an environment, they just wait for things to get back to normal.
    I only know of 2 or 3 others-beside myself- that are making long term plans, most British "preppers" seem to be in it solely for the social side rather than anything to do with survival.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  48. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that is largely the same with Americans.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    So true. There was a guy on the show Alone. Standing in his driveway bragging to his friends he was tougher than a $2.00 steak. He could go bear hunting with a switch. He didn't last 30 minutes. He heard a noise in the woods, and ruined a good pair of pants. I have never seen anybody fail faster.

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  50. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Certainly not a Davy Crockett type. Could I survive in the woods, Yes, with the right equipment. Dropped into the wilds of the forest in just my boxer shorts, not likely. Do I ever plan to live out in the wilds, nope. Now could I survive in a rural environment, you betcha. Can I survive in an Urban environment, you betcha. Surviving in Deep Dark Africa or the wilds of Alaska, not too promising.

Morgan101 and Caribou like this.