The Day I Stopped My Husband From Hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by iamawriter, Jun 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    My husband liked hunting but I stopped him from doing it. One day he brought home a rabbit. Our maid cleaned it and told us it was pregnant with almost full grown babies.

That was the end of hunting. I never let him do it ever.

What would have been your reaction?

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    If you were my wife first I would have been ashamed to be your husband!
    Second I would give you a 5 minute head start then go a hunting the biggest dumbest rabbit around!

Then after a successful hunt I would contemplate the merits of getting married again!

But all jokes aside:) you and your husband deserve each other, live happy!

iamawriter likes this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    If you consider rabbits as pets and not prey then don't hunt it. Hunting involves killing, we all know that. So if you care for animals then you have to rethink your stand in what animals to hunt. Even a wild boar can be pregnant. That's why hunters have a different demeanor than ordinary mortals like us. One question. .. would you care to shoot a pregnant alligator?

Keith H. likes this.
  4. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I agree. All animals get pregnant and if you go hunting these things can happen. If you consume meat then think of how many potential pregnant animals you've eaten in your whole life. While it is heartbreaking it's the reality. If you don't agree with it , you might turn vegan which is an option and a very valid one too. I for ones like meat and I consume it without guilt because I know I eat it for my well being. It's just the law of nature.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Rabbit veal

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    DIVORCE!!!:rolleyes:

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I only hunt if we need meat & we can't afford to buy meat. I only ever hunted for food for the table. Occasionally when a doe was killed she would have young, this for me was tragic, but it happens, & I had to feed my family. No, this situation did not & would not stop me from hunting.
    Keith.

iamawriter likes this.
  8. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I cannot quite get you when you say you need to hunt to surviveo_O For my husband it was a sport. Instead I got him interested in gardening and cooking ;) He loved it.

9. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    There is more to life than killing animals, such as gardening and cooking, holidaying, exercising, and keeping each other company

10. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    You know it was not me and I stopped it. And all was well. After I came in his life things changed. Loving animals is mutual and we have had countless pets which he adored, loved and cherished.n

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you are on a survival forum, dosent that tell you anything?

Keith H. likes this.
  12. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Your husband killed for sport!!! And you can't understand someone hunting to feed their family? The meat in the shops does not commit suicide, someone has to kill it. I can't understand someone who kills for fun & sport. I guess it is okay if you eat the meat you shoot, but I still don't understand how anyone can enjoy killing. Why kill if you don't need to? I am glad your husband turned to gardening & cooking.
    Keith.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I never understood "sport" fishing where they hooked and landed a fish then threw it back in the water, when I went fishing (angling in the UK) I caught fish to eat.

Keith H. likes this.
  14. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    The meat in shops is killed at the hands of someone else and we do not see it happening and that is the main difference. You are right. I never wanted my husband to hunt and it stopped. Hunting for sport is unthinkable. I have a birdbath specially designed for the birds to have fun and frolic. Our pet Preit is treated like a lady in the house.

15. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Snowflakes!
    Why are you here on a survival/prepper forum

That was the end of hunting. I never let him do it ever.

So you married a man then promptly neutered him! why not just marry a girl in the first place?
    Why did you have to turn a man into a eunech? would not a ready made girl have been better?
    Then again is seems that he handed them over easily!

lonewolf likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    why is it some women marry a man then try to change him?
    if he wasn't up to their standards why did they marry them in the first place?
    I don't usually agree with Arkane but I must repeat: why are you on a SURVIVAL forum? your obviously not a prepper or a survivalist, your a sheeple!!
    "the meat was killed by someone else and we didn't see it happening", even the bunny was butchered by your "maid" wasn't it? snowflakes!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  17. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    You do not even know how to spell the word eunuch. Having said that imagine a man not being called a man just because he does not shoot. . Pleasing each other is the secret to a happy marriage. I have not told you in what way I had to change in order to make him happy. I did not even know he owned a gun.

I can also be as crude and disgusting as you are but I am made of better stuff and so shall restrain from it.

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you are obviously not a prepper much less a survivalist, people come on forums like this to learn such things, you seem to have no interest in either, so I repeat my earlier question, why are you on a survival forum?

19. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    To educate those who believe that the only way to survive is hunt for food. There are many ways to do so. Was that a condition that only preppers needed to register here? I have read so many discussions here and I do not think all those who posted those discussions are preppers.

I can educate atleast one person here and that is just because a man does not hunt he ceases to be a man.

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no I agree that hunting is not the only way to survive, but I haven't seen you write anything yet that makes me think you know anything about the other methods either, just how wonderful you are at stopping your husband doing something.

21. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    You actually mis understood me again! he might be a male but a "Man" he is not because you "Own" him!

I never let him do it ever. that right there is ownership! You do not seem to be about equality but rather domination!

I wish you and your male a happy future:)

22. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I do not remember anyone on this forum stating or even hinting that hunting for food is the only way!
    It is one way and is the easiest way to put mass calories on the table.

23. Jewelweed

Jewelweed Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    We have gardens and meat critters, including rabbits. I wouldn't intentionally kill a pregnant doe because that would deprive us of the next generation of dinner. When my partner hunts, he typically gets a buck tag so no pregnancy worries. Wild bunnies don't really have the obvious gender markers. There's not much chance of knowing before you kill it. I'd feel less bad about killing a pregnant animal than I would about killing one that was obviously nursing. If you kill a nursing animal and the babies aren't close to weaning, then they starve to death. If it's a question of food and it's the bunny or me, the bunny dies, pregnant or not. In sport hunting, I think it's better to stick to male animals when their gender is obvious like with ducks or deer. I'm also not a big fan of attempting to change my partner or regulate his activities because I won't tolerate someone doing it to me.