The Hammer Slingshot/sling Bow

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Bishop, Jul 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Copy KIMG0548.jpg KIMG0553.jpg Here is the hammer slingshot sling bow made by Nathan Masters of simple shot shooting sports.

It will kill

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    so will any slingbow, I have made several and they are quite powerful.

3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL LOL...

Am I looking at this photo correctly ??? Is this guy hunting deer at night with a slingbow??

Just thought I would throw that out there for thought. It could be on private property and they are a nuisance where he is located...pest control.

I don't particularly care..but wondered if someone thought it through before posting that photo???

Thanks,

Watcherchris.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure i'd want to attempt to kill a deer with a slingbow, mine are reserved for small game and birds.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Small light easy to carry quiet very deadly these are a great choice to put meat in the food locker arrows set up right out to 30 yards would go threw a deer killing it quick from blood loss just because its simple does not mean it will not work

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It seems to me that a lot of deer are killed in the waning moments just before dark so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. My best friend killed a 220 lb 10 point Saturday evening just 15 minutes before the end of legal shooting time. It was pitch dark by the time he got it field dressed and back out of the bushes.

There is no reason that a slingbow can't do anything that a bow can do. The arrow isn't affected differently by different methods that it is propelled by. Rubber bands, wood, metal or fiberglass limbs or even pneumatic methods it all comes down to arrow weight, head design and velocity not the method of getting that velocity.

The big plus of this method is that it is small and offers an adaptability that a bow doesn't offer. I made a little L shaped rod that I can mount on my slingshot handle that has a line spool on it for slingbow fishing. I bought a 6" by 6' long piece of gold theraband and that will keep me in bands for years and years.

7. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    You ever tried it Tom?

8. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes iuse a wristrocket set up not really legal here in pa but i still did it twice it is awesome lol