This Really, Really, Gets On My Goat!

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Blitz, Jan 10, 2024.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    "Woolworths will no longer sell Australia Day merchandise.

The supermarket giant, which also owns Big W stores, confirmed in a statement that any items related to January 26 celebrations will not be stocked on shelves.

'There has been a gradual decline in demand for Australia Day merchandise from our stores over recent years. At the same time there's been broader discussion about 26 January and what it means to different parts of the community.'

Australia Day, observed each year on January 26, marks the landing of the First Fleet in 1788 when the first governor of the British colony of New South Wales, Arthur Philip, hoisted the Union Jack at Sydney Cove.

But, for many First Nations people, it is regarded as 'Invasion Day' or the 'Day of Mourning'.

One shopper from Queensland who was trying to buy some January 26 supplies said on social media they had called six supermarkets in their area and none were stocking anything linked to Australia Day because they 'didn't want to upset anyone'."

I cannot express how incredibly pissed this makes me. Once again, slowly and insidiously, changes are made which don't represent the majority of the people in this country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tralia-Day-merchandise-stores-nationally.html

TMT Tactical likes this.