Thoughts On Buying An Unregistered Firearm ...

Discussion in 'Guns' started by branchd77, Oct 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I see people all the time selling firearms at flea markets, yard sales, etc. Every gun I own I purchased from a gun shop and allowed them to do a background check and register my gun. I don't believe it is illegal to buy guns from these under the table vendors but I am worried that the gun may be stolen or possibly something worse. The deals are much better on these and I am strongly considering buying some next time I go to the flea market. Thoughts?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If it were me, I would simply ask the vendor if it was okay to get a police check on the gun after purchase. If it were dodgy, I am sure the offer of sale would be instantly removed. Over here the sale must be made through a firearms dealer.
    Keith.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Stick to long guns if trading / buying firearms at a flea market or standing in a man's driveway. A rather significant percentage of handguns are hot. I ran into a "situation" with a young hinky fellow who had a Browning .32 auto for sale -- he scooted far away from me when he looked into my eyes. A man don't gotta be psychic.

See if the seller is willing for you to have someone run the serial number first. For a fee, some FFL holders will run this for you. If you live in "good ol' boy" territory where the deputies are not Gestapo, then they might run a number for you. Do this BEFORE you buy.

If the seller is not happy with your terms, then maybe you shouldn't buy the thing. And again, long guns trade under the radar. Once I was going to buy a handgun from a cop using a middle-man FFL. Cops in my area were buying several handguns, keeping one, then selling off the rest to pay for their own. Well, the manufacturer gets this too-high count on the department wanna-buy and shuts the cops down on the whole deal. So it goes. The handgun count was OUTRAGEOUS! Multiple small-town police departments and sheriff's offices were a part of the giant ordering scheme. These guys had to purchase their own weapons and hey, they weren't rich, their salaries were crap. Don't blame'em at all.

Here's a website where a firearm's ser# can be run. Maybe it is trustworthy. I don't know about this crew. Read about them, I've not. Could be a BATF front. Who knows?
    http://www.hotgunz.com/

4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Flea markets and back-door sales are full of mule-traders! You get some "good" deal, well brother, that's a "hot" item for sale. Only if a widow is selling her late husband's collection, will you find a deal ... maybe.

Once upon a time I got some good buys at an estate sale for another fellow, a co-worker. Even then, he had to get some work done on what he bought. I got him a Belgium Browning over and under -- when its furniture was replaced by a master wood-worker, that puppy became seriously valuable.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Too buy a gun off book is illegal. I have a ffl im legal to own full auto weapons and yes i have a few. Most deals at yard sales flea markets are not a gun most want usely hot or in poor shape most both you are morenlikely getting more trouble than gun stick to good shops to buy advoid pawn shops as most guns there have been poorly cared for and or have a history thats bad

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We don't register guns in Texas so any gun that you buy from a private individual is PRIVATE. For years that was the only way I bought guns. I also have had an FFL and when I got out I sold every gun that I owned that had paper on it. After Waco and Ruby Ridge I knew all that I wanted to know about dealing with the government if you had an FFL. We got hit before we could close out but other than a few stitches, a few hundred dollars, a near divorce and one gun that they stole we came out pretty good...they didn't kill anyone. The ATF under Janet Reno was brutal!!!

Only in the last 10 years or so have I bought guns from FFL people again. Pawn shops are required to have an FFL and so their guns are safe as far as buying a hot gun in general. As far as the quality it's like buying a used car. LOOK closely and if you don't know what to look for carry a friend who does before you buy.

I don't like to buy guns from strangers but on occasion have done so. A simple way to sort out them is require a bill of sale and you see a drivers license before money changes hands. If they will show you a drivers license and let you write the number on the bill of sale you are probably ok. If they get dodgy don't do the deal. You don't want to be caught on possession of stolen property or even worse in possession of a gun that was used in a murder!!

7. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    All legal guns are registered in the UK but you can buy or sell them privately if you're licence mentions a specific firearm/calibre, you must then re register it within 7 days by sending a letter listing the model, calibre and serial number of the new firearm and the details of the previous registered owner that you bought it from/sold it to along with your licence to your local firearms officer.
    It's less complicated then it sounds.

8. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've bought three guns in the last four years which do not have on them any paper work...from Private sales.

This is not a registration state unless you buy from a licensed dealer..but private sales are not so controlled.

Two long guns and one short gun...from people I know or from members in the gun club.

I would tend to stay away from flea market sales as the quality is to me suspect....the pedigree of them as well.

Agree with Texdanm...under Janet Reno back then the ATF was brutal. They way over reacted at both Ruby Ridge and Waco....in killing unarmed people.
    Also Texdanm's point about if you don't know bring someone who does know.

I was also very disturbed by the LaVoy Finicum shooting....I believe it was up in Oregon. It came across to me more as an execution....even shooting into the vehicle.

All it takes is for an overly zealous administration to take the reins of government to make private interpretation of our Constitution, Liberties, and Freedoms and then things become dangerous for the Average American. And this became very obvious with the Clinton Administration....private interpretation .....and this continues unto this very day with the left.

This also happened with the Obama Administration early on when they went after the Michigan Millitia....in trying to govern by manufacturing a bad guy in the press.
    I was glad to see this backfire on them.
    Be warned of this technique in anti gun politics...manufacturing a bad guy on these issues.

If you cannot be trusted with a gun......you will never be trusted with a vote. It is simply common sense.

See my post on the thread... "How Does One Know If Things Are Getting "kind'a Bad?
    There concerning Nancy Pelosi and their anti NRA Stance....over this recent Florida school shooting.

If you think this is idle talk...when I came up.....voting was a right..today in the media they often speak of it as a voting privilege. What changed????

My .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  9. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Whengun are outlawed only outlaws and people in control will have guns. I plan on being a outlaw i feel i have the right to feed and protect me andmine

10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Uh .... hey guys, sites like this are watched by suits who feel zero loyalty to the Constitution. These dead souls will do you down. This is why my dad used to have to pay off state congressmen.

Watch what you say in these forums! For me, I'm already dead. My life is over. If I get killed tomorrow, so what. You, on the other hand, may have things you want to do. You may have a reason or reasons to stay alive. Do not let the damned souls in government rape you and your family. (My wife has had cancer and my son is crippled to hell and back. There isn't much left for us.)

11. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Tom Williams,

I do not plan on being an outlaw. For the most part I want to be left alone. I have little use for two legged wildlife....on any level...and governments have clearly and historically been little different than outlaws....manufacturing bad guys aka Hegelian Dialectic...good cop/ bad cop.
    All you have to do is read some uncensored history.....to get a bigger picture than what someone wants us to have.

Agree with the Olde Geezer....about government suits who feel zero Loyalty to the constitution. These are heavily entrenched in both the Republican and Democrat parties. It took me a long time to awaken to this concept.

I won't be far behind you Olde Geezer. I too am no spring chicken.

Now as to this Olde Geezer I will respectfully disagree with you.,

What I have learned about professional government types ...what they do not like is people who know too much about them and then teach others how to get or think their way off the plantation or away from the herd...away from them.

This is what they fear and why the left and phony Republicans want to control and regulate the internet unto censorship....more herding. More Ishmaelite doctrine and practice...bondage.

They do not like people who can think outside the box and much worse...teach others how to do this....or where to get information on how to do this.

In that Olde Geezer...there is a lot left for you.

When I run into younger people who are not Xerox copies of todays stamped out stupidity....It is a joy to teach them..to watch their minds and souls open up to what is often right in front of them and has been for years and years but they never saw or understood it.

They are out there...these young people.....though at times much of this world seems like a wasteland.

You have it in you to help in Awakening them...so to speak...away from the herd and away from the Xerox copies.;..and the copy machine.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

Thanks
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Hope this makes some kind of sense."

yes

13. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with watcherchris, I just want to be left alone, I live far away from any big cities or large urban centres .
    I have little time or inclination to be amongst other people even now and this will go tenfold after SHTF.

14. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Lucky you lonewolf...that you are far away from a big city or urban areas.

I will admit that I am a bit envious of my friend who moved out to Tennessee near Johnson City....a bit over a year ago.

He is an electrician by trade and knows how to wire up all kinds of things ...including fiber optic gear. He is at the end of about 3/4 of a mile lane off the main road. He doesn't even have cell phone service he is so far off the beaten path.

I don't quite know how it is done but he told me he took his cell phone high up to the ridge on his property and got a signal. He plans to put some kind of high frequency beam antenna up on that ridge and beam the signal down to his home in the valley....solar powered.

Did not hear him on the Ham radio last night..perhaps later tonight we can make the 400 mile hook up...and thus catch up on the latest without burning up our land lines/phone bills.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the eyes of the liberal left and the federal government the ENTIRE state of Texas is outlaw. I have been on their watch list for decades but am now old enough that I doubt they see me as much of a risk. I had a FFL, I've done gunsmith work, I was a member of a militia, I subscribed to Soldier of Fortune Magazine, I have multiple copies of the Poor Man's James Bond and the Anarchist Cookbook and am the proud owner of a just massive number of guns. WORST of all though I'm an honorable man that believes in freedom and the ORIGINAL intentions of the American constitution. That above all else brands me as a danger to our current federal government.

watcherchris and Old Geezer like this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Go Texas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davey Crockett's childhood home is just down the road from where I was raised.

As I've said before, if the Federal boys are watching me, then they are wasting tax dollars. And maybe that is a good thing. While they are paying attention to some useless old geezer, maybe that will divert their attention away from ruining the lives of some true American youth who still believe in the Constitution and the concept of Liberty. God bless those who oppose communism! God bless those students who oppose the anti-religion of Secular Humanism!

Sniper17 and watcherchris like this.
  17. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL...Texdanm....LOL LOL....Don't candy coat it .....tell it straight!!!!

However...you got me to remembering...I too have two copies of "The Anarchist Cookbook." I'd forgotten about it...so often do I refer to it....;
    My friend out in Tennessee gave me his copy before he moved...he did not consider it worth hauling all the way out to Tennessee and I cannot blame him.

I also had the home silence workshop book or whatever it was called...from Paladin Press...and a host of others for various firearms...

Once I had it explained to me how easy it was to make a quick silence all the luster fell out of that kind of thing and reloading ammo taught me to shoot straighter...not shoot a lot.....so full auto lost it's shine to me as well.

I have no use for full auto...it is to expensive when you think it through. If I want to shoot a lot ..I use my Mossberg Pump...and it will cover that very quickly.

But it made for interesting reading. I've not seen a copy of SOF magazine in years. Are they still in production??

Once I got trained to work with U 235...a lot of what I used to read just lost it's luster to me. You gotta keep your wits about you when you work with this stuff and it's support gear.

However ...Paladin Press was my first exposure to where I could get a set of factory lock picks. Now today they are sold in lots of places. I've even learned to make my own from the needles of a welding scalar gun...or needle gun as they are sometimes called.

Now this here Texdanm.....

I'm with you here Texdanm....Amen, Amen, Amen!!

Well said...Well said!!

Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  18. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Wow Olde Geezer....

It has been many years wherein as a youth my father was stationed at Randolph Field in San Antonio.

We used to go downtown by the river...our whole family ..there was often something going on down there.
    And we went to the Alamo.
    Now ...today they tell me that San Antonio has grown up around the Alamo..high rise buildings...a lot of them.

Now I was told many years ago..by an economics professor that there were back then..in the 1980s...more dedicated commuinists here in America than in Moscow...and many of them in public education. It looks like he was correct..even way back then.

Don't have much use for Secular Humanism...myself. Nor communism. You know me and "Herd Mentality."

There are Olde Geezer....young people who give me hope.;...though at times it seems like a wasteland out here.

Lots of history concerning this country took place not far from here...from the Jamestown Colony some 30 miles north west of me...to the Yorktown Battlefield...again not far from Jamestown....to colonial Williamsburg....to the Monitor/Merrimack...CSS Virginia battle which took place within a few miles of here.

When the engine was brought up from the USS Monitor off Cape Hatteris......I got to see it when it was brought into this shipyard and hung upsidedown..in DryDock 10 and salt water sprayed on it for about a week while it's tank was being finished for desalinization up at the Mariners Museum..where it resides today.
    When we heard the news and got a chance we rushed to the bottom of the dry-dock to set our eyes on it.

It is a bit eerie...when you realize the fullness history in what it is you are seeing and before most of the rest of America gets to see it. It is humbling......to the soul....I felt small.

In addition to eerie....it was a type of anachronism too. In that dry dock 10 was stored the four huge propellers of the USS Eisenhower...and the USS Eisenhower herself was right next door in dry dock 11. It was once again...weird to see two such representations of history or historical eras right next to each other.

Now since then divers have brought up the turret and also the Dahlgren guns to be treated...the propeller too.

I want to tell you fellows another story which happened to me ...another submarine story and history!!

I had worked for a number of years on submarines...overhaul and newly constructed submarines and was well aware of what is the state of the art....from the 637 class, to 688 boats, unto today's Virginia class.

I decided to take a trip to Charleston, South Carolina...to satisfy my interest in history by seeing that Confederate submarine CSS Hunley which had been raised from Charleston Harbor.

I paid my moneys and entered the building and was brought up short in surprise and shock!!

" What!!! They went out in that!!!"

That was my initial reaction. I was stunned...shocked!!

The CSS Hunley was in a tank covered by water...but Wow!!

Good grief....talk about going out by the seat of your pants.

The other thing which became quickly clear is that the average stature of an American was not what we so take for granted today. That is a very small submarine hull...and I mean small.

I was not prepared to be so shocked and stunned by what I saw....knowing what is today's state of the art.

Those guys had some big ones hanging to go out in that boat!!!

Well Gentlemen...as another Olde Timer used to state....And Now you know the rest of the story!!!

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Old Geezer likes this.
  19. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Saw a list of how armed states are for number of people and number of guns it was a interesting list as i dont know of a home in my area in penna that doesnt have a least one gun in the home we were in the top 10

20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We are about to start arming our teachers. BRING IT ON!!! The only way to stop this crap is to kill anyone that fires a gun on a school property. Every teacher should be qualified and armed or the schools should hire armed guards. Putting up a "Gun Free Zone" sign is like leaving your chickens out free at night. It just CALLS out to predators. The cops need to stop taking these monsters alive too. I wish someone had gut shot that little monster and let him just bleed out. We already have laws about criminals and crazy people having guns. They don't seem to care about breaking the law. DUHHH!!!

This kid was crazy. They knew it and his family knew it. But one of his rights was to kill as many good kids as he wants to. The little nut that killed all those kids in Sandy Hook Elementary was mad as a hatter and his Mama was trying to get him committed. But he had RIGHTS so after a while he killed his Mama and then a bunch of little kids.

Look, you have crazy and then you have DANGEROUS crazy! Kids are crazy just because they are kids. Let them go off road with the video games these days and this is what you get. The human brain takes a long time to develop and finish maturing. Your frontal lobes don't finish until a male is 25 years old. Parenting is now against the law and very few people are interested in doing it anyway.

People squirt out a kid or so and then board them in daycare until the school system takes over. They spend very little time with those kids and even when they are home together the idiot box is running. There really aren't many Mamas or Daddys out there now. Teachers can't even get the parents to come to the school when there is a problem. When you raise a kid without love or attention it isn't very amazing when they don't become very loving or caring people.

I talk to people all the time that are my age. They never see their kids and only see their grandkids a few times a year. What is most shocking to me is that I'm not talking abou people with kids that live out of state. They didn't pay attention to their kids and now even when their kids live in the same area they ignore their parents because they never connected to them.

My parents were weird. My Dad especially had certain ideas. I guess that same time we spent working together and stuff was bonding time and that is what I did when it was my turn. My kids live next door by their choice. I see my grandbaby everyday and pick her up from school most of the time. Her parents are involved with her and her sports and activities. We do things as a familly just like we did when I was a kid. This is the way you make a kid into a person. They need Parents and Grandparents and a village of people that they can feel a part of. If you let them just sit in the dark alone like a mushroom you will regret it!!

It is going to get a LOT worse before it gets even a little better. Just think of the little monsters out there that didn't just totally flip out but were not far from it. They will be the parents of a really interesting group of kids.

21. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree with Texdanm..in that it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I am with what some out there are saying....someone does not want to solve this issue....they need it in order to reach their real goal...the disarmament of the American People.

In like manner to how they do not want to solve racism ...but instead become racists themselves and instigating and manufacturing racists to serve their cause. It is going to be the same with these shootings.

I just don't see the left approving of armed people in schools...they prefer gun free zones....and would rather this to support their causes....because they are Ishmaelites and their goal is bondage of the American People....like Englishmen...like Continentals...like Aussies and New Zealanders...et al.
    Subjects with privileges granted by the sovereign and not citizens with rights.

My .02,
    Orangetom

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  22. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    The govrment and media blow gun violence up and drag it out the goverment wants your guns so control can be maintained it very clearly states we the people can revolt on the goverment when it not working for the people unarmed people have a hard time revoltin armed peole can do it anytime its needed. We the peole are the ones that should tell the goverment not them telling us its our right

23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To me the entire idea of registering your guns is the same as admitting that eventually they are going to come and get them and you are just letting them know how many they are coming for. If you truly have the right to KEEP and BEAR arms how many you have and what kind they are is not anyone's business and especially not the governments need to know.

Freedom isn't something you get by saying please generally. When it is given to people they don't value it. Freedom means you demanded it and it was given because to not give it meant war. Without guns a people are just kidding themselves that they are free. Even totalitarian communist countries have elections. That doesn't make them a free people since they don't get to pick who is on the ballot. The USA is heading down that road right now. the politicos are furious that the stupid people elected a non politician and both parties are trying to get rid of him. If they manage it then the electoral process in the USA is a thing of the past and as meaningful as the communist elections.

Not all people are suited to be free. We will NEVER be able to force a Christian Democracy on an Islamic nation. It is a little like being self employed. I loved it and was successful. That is mostly because I'm self motivated and don't need someone to in some way force me to do my job. I have watched a lot of good people with a better start than I had go bust in months just because without a boss telling them to do it they didn't get it done in a fast, orderly and correct manner.

Freedom is a lot like that. It takes a commitment made by a majority of the people or it doesn't last. We are importing the end of our freedom when we let all these losers into our country and give them citizenship. Given the opportunity they will happily vote away our freedom. They never fought for it and don't value it in an understanding way. I'm honestly not sure that as a nation we deserve freedom anymore. If we were attacked tomorrow how many liberal welfare people do you think would answer the call to arms? Only conservatives fight. Liberals whine and beg.

24. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

"Any " government which will not trust it's people with a gun will never trust it's people with a vote...they will rig both marketplaces....voting and guns."

Something and or information for which is and will never be taught to a people/sheep by government hell bent on any method of consolidating It's power and rule over a people....

And that information is concerning the very nature of "Revolution " itself...what causes it...what makes it happen....historically...among a people and nation.

No government ever wants it's people to know or understand this history ...or even accidently run across the topic.
    For this reason it is very difficult to find any teacher who is willing to educate any students on this topic....

These teachers only today agitate and herd people towards this goal...like sheep and cattle but never teach them historically what causes it...or the historical nature of most governments.

The nature of most governments is that they historically desire to raise the cost of living under that government. By raising the costs..I mean here governments ability to extract more from you and transfer it to government and or government causes.

But governments have to be careful here historically ...not to raise the cost of submitting to them too high that the people revolt and overthrow the government. If they ever do this ..raise the cost too high...the people will revolt and put in a new government..to replace the olde corrupt government.

Any time a people begin to sense that it is cheaper to revolt and overthrow a government than submit to it ...you are going to have a revolt...a revolution.

This means that government must always be able to raise the cost of revolution higher than the cost of submission to them.
    Government must make it more expensive to revolt than to submit.

Sooooooooo!!!! What is historically the highest cost that government can put on a people that they will fear revolting more than submission????? What is the ultimate penalty that historically goverments sought to exract from their people that they would not revolt but suffer all kinds of government abuse???

And that penalty is loss of the soul. That a government was the source of salvation....the religious authority....which could determine whether a person went to Heaven or Hell. That the leader of said government was a god man....a pharaoh, a emperor...a god king...who stood between the people and god himself.

This is why in this country we are supposed to have separation of church and state...to break this power.

If the readers here understand what I am saying ....than the readers would more clearly understand the reason our government and school systems have tried to remove any vestige of Christianity from public schools...only to replace it and authorize Islam....wherein church and state are combined.

Islam is more conducive to absolute power in the hands of government than is Christianity and always has been.
    For Islam " is " church and state combined.

Whenever government can no longer extract a cost high enough on a people ..the people will revolt.
    This is the reason government has tried so hard to remove from us any vestiges of our Christian faith and replace it with anything other than Christianity...including the religion of Open Atheism....and open demonic Occultism....anything but Christianity.
    Government is going towards Absolute Power....by weakening the faith of the people to where they can be more easily herded...managed and controlled.

I also suspect that this is why History is such a poorly taught subject to day.....such that few will ever know this track record of government and why they hide and conceal it from the people. Ishmaelites at work...seeking to put people into bondage...and grant more power to government.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    LastOutlaw likes this.
  25. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never bought a used gun, and probably never will. You have no idea what the history is, or what kind of shape it is in. It isn't worth the difference in price. My advice? Don't do it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This is not a registration state....You can buy all the unregistered guns you want....or guns from other individuals.

But bear in mind the guidelines posted by folks like TexDanm....and others concerning "Hot/Stolen Firearms."

If you buy from an Licensed FFL ..you will have to register.

Glad I belong to this gun club with a bulletin board..where there are guns for sale by club members.

I've bought a number of firearms in this manner over the last year.. ...year and a half.

Dammed Yankees up north ..in New York....those people who can are coming down here and buying unregistered firearms and taking them back up north. Those Yankee governments up there verily herd their people into registration of everything...in particular firearms...

Seems to me many are also coming down here to by untaxed cigarettes too...further pissing off those high Tax governments..Yankees. ..constantly trying to Herd their people...and keep them herded.

Now they want us to change our ways of doing business with guns...to help them in doing more Herding of their people...by herding our people to be just like them.

Cigarettes too.

Seems to me this kind of inter state meddling...by Yankees in another states business...lead to a Civil War if I recall the history.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  28. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

You do realize that our government sells all kinds of arms and weapons to people who do not like us.....yes.???

When our people and military left Vietnam....they left one of the worlds largest stashes of small arms and just walked away.

This is not widely known or taught to the people via the MSM or public education..but it is what happened.

These guns ..mostly small arms ...by serial number wound up being traced to the up and coming conflict/conflicts in central America in the 1980s through the 1990s...and were often used to commit genocide and democide on those people...civilians.

We are right now finding America made Rockets, single person or crew served rockets in the Hands of Jihadi's...in the Middle East...

And our government is worried about We the People with unregistered firearms???? Wow!!!

How many of our government people..are quietly..even secretly sponsoring cheering on terrorist/anarchist groups like Antifa????

All this while desiring for the public to be unarmed or unable to protect themselves from such two legged wildlife.

Watch how many acid attacks are coming over the Fourth Of July....nationwide. Milkshaking...quickcrete...and such ....disguised as a milkshake.

This only happens in London..right???

Who are the Ishmaelites here???? Who are the two legged wildlife...here??

Who profits????

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  29. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Watcherch . I was the guy in charge of ALL the weapons in our company and was classified as a weapons expert . I had M16,s M60 machine guns ,50 cal machineguns and Ethica 12 gauge shotguns and m79 grenade launchers that I was in charge to make sure they were in good killing condition . I was there when the war ended and I had to account for every weapon by serial number . All my weapons returned to the U.S. . Here in the U.S. I was still assigned to care for those weapons until my eventual discharge . I just can't say what happened to weapons in other peoples charge .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Most of my guns are unregistered. Only my EDC was bought new and that was on purpose. That is the pistol most likely to be used in a shootout prior to TEOTWAWKI or something.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree...poltiregist....

But....we left huge quantities of weapons I the hands of the ARVN...Huge..!!!

What happened to them when the country fell??

After WW2 and in Europe....Private arms dealers went into Europe and bought up huge stocks of Axis weapons....and ammunition...and began selling them around the world. Again..they got a huge stock of small arms.

Arms dealers ...like bankers ....are loyal only to their profits...not a country or a dogma/doctrine.

Sonofliberty...
    The .40 S&W...for which I am steadily reloading...was bought person to person ..cash monies.
    NO one in between me and the seller.
    I never really wanted a .40 caliber...but for the price I decided I could not turn it down.

To my surprise...brass for it is everywhere.

Never wanted a 9mm as well and to this day have not obtained one.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

32. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't answer for guns in the US, but it has been my experience in the past that the majority of muzzle-loading rifles sold second hand are the product of people not knowing how to make them work properly. A muzzle-loader is one of the simplest & most reliable tools, but some people just don't take the time to do a little learning before they try to use one.
    Always check for a stuck ball in the barrel by running the ramrod down the barrel, if the ramrod does not reach as far as the vent or the nipple on the outside of the barrel, then there is something in there. This is often the final straw for some gun owners, they don't know how to stop this from happening, & they don't know how to remove the ball. So they sell the gun after very little to no use at all.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    At a flee market this past weekend, found a high velocity .177 pellet rifle. Difficult to cock, but it's high velocity, so ... . Talked the fellow down to $50 U.S. and bought it. Worst scope on Earth, but it works. Hey, ugly works for survival.

Velocity maybe 1200 ft/sec; went about an inch into pine. Plenty of uuumffff to kill a cat or things that size.

Go to estate sales. Sometimes the family just wants to get rid of Great Grandpa's pile of rifles. I've found rifles/shotguns that were decent to better. Hand them cash. Everybody's happy.

What to do with a stack of lousy single-shot shotguns. Make booby traps out of them post-SHTF

Need some stupendously strong string in every conceivable color:
    https://atwoodrope.com/collections/micro-cord

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Good point , I hadn't considered the ARVN . The firebase I was on "uplift" was turned over to the ARVN and I left . Two weeks later it was overrun and captured by the communist .

35. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Keith,

Black powder shooting requires a bit different thinking....also a bit different in the tools needed for upkeep and or operating such an Firearm.

I remember buying a used pepperbox at a yard sale. I began by measuring the depth of each barrel when I got home with it.

I quickly realized there was something down in the barrel.

Finally got it out with a stuck ball puller.

But agree...many people do not know what to do if they get a ball or charge which will not ignite in a black powder firearm....and often sell...quickly .

Watcherchris
    NOt an Ishmaelite.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.