Tips for Beginners

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Shellatin, May 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Shellatin

Shellatin New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I am extremely uninformed when it comes to any sort of survival skills. I have recently become more aware that survival skills are necessary to have if any sort of danger did present itself. I want to be able to think on my toes and be prepared for everything. What are some things that are must-knows? I'm looking for very basic information.

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Look threw the stuff here much info been passed around read and check all the forums ask about anything

3. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Tips military surplus gear well made. Where are you where are you going how are you getting there get this in your mind and set. Go now and start getting it ready BE PREPARED!!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU. PAY FOR. read study train dont be afraid to ask anything

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Tips for beginners!
    Learn what it is like to be truly dirty!
    If you can that is just get dressed one morning and stay in those clothes 24/7 for the next two weeks and do it in warm weather!
    Take careful note of what actually happens!
    You will probably need a few attempts to achieve the two weeks!
    Learn from it!
    As most catastrophies do not come with bathroom facilities!
    The task is to keep as clean as possible with next to nothing to do it with!

5. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I've honestly never thought of survival training like this. I have never gone that long without being clean. I'm sure by the second night I'd be dreaming of a shower. Reading things like this helps my reality set in that I'm extremely under prepared. I really hope this site can help get me on the right track.

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    A little effort. Is all it takes to be clean for your safety and comfort make the effort

7. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    With simple thought, I can mange this easily. I have military experience with something like this. But more like 4 days and 2 uniforms. In 100 degree 48% humidity weather. Some simple suggestions to combat the biggest issue is to keep a bag of baby wipes with you and hit the hot spots. Arm pits, crotch, feet, and face. Use them sparingly. Or see what you can do to find clean water. The option is yours. You can clean your clothes well enough with just water. They won't be washing machine clean but they will be cleaner with some water and a good wringing out. Of course soap helps but may not be available. There are about 5 or 6 dozen tricks. Just knowing them is the biggest hurdle.

8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    A simple way to clean clothing is a 5gal bucket and a clean toilet plunger works fantastic stock up on pure ivory soap as it cleans you and clothing both well and is affordable a few shaveing in a bucket of water with a plunger cleans better than you think

blade_foxhollow likes this.
  9. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    That is way I had not thought of. Thank you for the extra insight. And 5 gallon buckets are not only cheap but useful for multiple different things.

10. Its Evan G

Its Evan G Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    I think the best survival tip for beginners is to start working on your skills and mindset. Get used to traveling with your bug out gear, camping outdoors overnight and learning the basics such as how to build a fire, how to filter water and how to make a shelter that can protect you from the elements around you.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Knowledge and forethought. Read what is available here and think about it and how you would use that knowledge in different circumstances.