To Get Non-preppers' Attention...

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 14, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble with non preppers is they think nothing bad will ever happen, to them anyway, it always happens to someone else.
    wife's cousin, a town councillor and former mayor, is one of these, when I try to talk prepping to him he always says, "its never going to happen, so lets not discuss it", so we don't!!
    some people it appears can never be helped.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lone Wolf,

True, some people just can't be "reached".

Here, the related downstream problem is that the public sector is legally obliged to care for these same people. Not pertinent to the tragedies eg a tree falls on someone house and supplies, equipment, etc are cut off from access, if someone doesn't prepare and causes himself,herself,itself, mushroomed problems, the public sector places emergency responders in danger for the rescue and the later medical care at the already saturated health care clinic and then the area emergency shelter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Most of the people where I live are (either part-time or full-time) farmers. The Mormons, not surprisingly, seem to be all preppers; the others, for some reason, seem to be less involved in the "year's supply", etc. Maybe it's because farming is an inherently risky business, especially given the recent climate considerations, or maybe because they're like everyone else: either "it can't happen to me" or "the government will take care of us".

I don't know.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its more likely the "it'll never happen" brigade.

TMT Tactical likes this.