Training Animals For Teotwawki

Discussion in 'Animal Husbandry' started by poltiregist, Nov 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    During teotwawki domestic animals will be looked at as either a burden or ally in survival . Waiting for the event to try conditioning animals is about like waiting until S.H.T.F. to stock up on survival supplies . Have you been getting your animals ready ? Around here dogs and milk goats have been conditioned for the collapse . A matter I will elaborate more on another post but I would be interested in hearing about what you guys may have done in this regard .

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      No pets. We are too old to start raising and training them. Love them but I got tired of losing pets (out living them). I do think trained animals PRIOR to it hitting the fan would b e an excellent idea.

TMT Tactical, Nov 1, 2020
      poltiregist likes this.
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well considering with no response in the affirmative area of training animals for teotwawki I may be the only one to go down this path . I have trained my milk goats when I release them to free range to stay within a couple hundred yards of their pen . I do this to get them conditioned to feed on acorns , leaves and grass . I am usually fairly close to keep them out of things such as fruit trees . I have noticed they will even eat dead and partly brown leaves but don't know yet if they would eat totally dried out brown leaves if nothing else is available . As winter progresses I will probably find the answer as to whether they will eat totally brown leaves . I am doing this in preparation of a possible power grid loss thus all stores will close including feed stores . When I clap my hands they know its time to return to the pen . On occasion they may decide not to obey . --- In the case they disobey I have two dogs trained to herd them up and drive them back to their pen . Those dogs also have duel purposes . One a bloodhound that we have trained to trail down anything from people to wild animals . The other dog a mountain cur was a vicious animal when she came to live with me . Now she isn't so ready to attack people or animals without me giving her the approval to do so . She is trained to be my helper if our survival retreat is attacked . That mountain cur I have seen at a dead run catch my billy goat and flip it to the ground in one fluid motion . I have little doubt she could run down , catch and flip an attacker much easier than that billy goat

DirtDiva, Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.