Two Sides To The Legion

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Max rigger, Aug 17, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    These are a good bunch to have around if it hits the fan

Like a lot of our lads (and lasses), bags 'o' swag for ceremony and the public but can do the business if needed :) Well worth watching both vids.

Morgan101 likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The FRENCH Foreign Legion! dont see them helping out BRITAIN if the EU has anything to do with it, will probably be seconded into the "EU Army" if Brussels and Macron have their way.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I was referring to their quality as soldiers and not politics.

4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not real fond of anything having to do with the French. They call it the FRENCH foreign legeon but isn't it mostly people from other countries fighting for them rather than them fighting for themselves?

The next time Germany sends a short platoon into France and they surrender we need to just LET THEM HAVE IT. Sorry but too many of of my familly have fought for them and none of them had anything nice to say about the French. The people were nice enough but the Government wanted us OUT as soon as Germany surrendered. They also wanted us out of Germany so that they could steal whatever they wanted from the German people that they had refused to fight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the French are bad enough, they are lap dogs of the Germans, we fought 2 world wars against the Germans and still they want to rule the whole of Europe.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sadly other than the British isles there isn't anyone much in Europe that resists the Germans. They are the top junk yard dog. If they had left Britain out of it WW2 would have been over before it got started. All it takes to get France to surrender is to threaten to blow up their precious Eiffel tower.

We have fought two wars for France and they still seem to hate us and the British more than the Germans. The next time Germany sends a platoon in to France and they surrender we need to let them keep it. It will be more trouble to them than it is worth.

Germany is an industrial powerhouse. They need to just settle on owning most of Europe financially and stop with the physical attacking. The problem that they run into with the US is that we absorbed a LOT of their top minds and most aggressive people following both World wars. There are 43 million German Americans that is a little over half as many as there are in Germany. They are the largest single declared nationality in the US.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  8. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Spain had its own foreign legion but these days its called the Spanish Legion.

The French Foreign Legion is a French army unit made up of volunteers, many from overseas hence the name, Légion étrangère

Great thread LOL, started as a bit of a show of respect for good troops and I'd hoped it would lead on to talk of other good units from various countries but that was a naive hope, the thread has been de-railed and drifted off down Xenophobia Lane...shame.

upload_2021-8-18_16-52-8.jpeg

9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  10. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I knew a couple of guys that were f f l . tough as nails. Some were Canadian para troopers, some Americans that did something wrong, joined up stayed for a while came out with a new name . a very good way to disappear and them re appear with a new identity .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If you wanted comments on other good units, it would have been helpful if you had asked in your original post. Something to the effect of, "What other good military units are out there"? If you wish for a thread to head in a particular direction, it is always helpful to provide a direction sign.

12. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    To be honest that was my intension but I thought I'd leave that out and see which direction the replies went. It pretty much went the way I thought it would but faster than anticipated.

The last legionnaire I met we shared a can of pate, bread and American beer....happy days.

14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some are almost god-like in his exalted perceptions

upload_2021-8-20_18-15-55.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
  15. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Don't understand the image Old Geezer, can you explain please.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its a kid pretending to be some superhero whats not to understand?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Oh OK, thought OG was having a pop at a forum member which is against the rules so thanks for clearing that up.

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    enough. thread closed.

TMT Tactical likes this.