Types of Preppers.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Jun 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to prepping there are generally two schools of thought.
    the first type of prepper is the ones that are prepping for minor events, things that will cause an inconvenience for a day or two. maybe a week or two, at most, then its back to "business as usual" and life goes on pretty much as it did before the event.
    for them, prepping is more about accumulating enough food and water to get them through the event, and that's it.
    the second type of prepper, well they are more of a survivalist than a prepper as such, take a more pragmatic, long term view.
    for them its the end of modern life, of the modern way of doing this, its back to a simpler time, a more basic way of doing this, doing things by hand or by using animal power, and its permanent, for ever.
    the focus here is more about skills and knowledge than the accumulation of "stuff".
    of course there is a third kind, but they are more of a Troll, their "preparations" are all in their head, and everything is said for effect, nothing else is real.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I see it more as just a temporary thing where .gov survives
    or not.
    If .gov survives so will rule of law, the deeds to your land will mean something, killing will have consequences same as theft rape etc!
    your debt will survive! and you in most probability somewhere along the line be held accountable for your actions.

If .gov no longer survives you will be free of any existing debt, the deeds to your land will mean zip and killing and getting killed will be a lot easier!
    You will owe nothing and you will be owed nothing!
    The only rights you will have will be the ones you can enforce!

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds about right to me, well said.
    Keith.

4. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    I'm a positive thinker, and so I overall believe that the world will continue to progress. But I'm also a pragmatist, and I know it is possible for things to go very wrong. I see survivalism as an investment against hard times. I do not, though, plan on putting all my eggs in either basket, and will try to stay balanced. I enjoy life as we know it. But if things went bad, I actually think I could enjoy that kind of life too, once the dust settled.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I would say it has a lot to do with your mind-set, intelligence and if you are an optimist or pessimist.
    It would be hard for me to have to think about being on survival mode for a longer period of time but if it would be the case I would still hope that it will be over soon and that things will get better. Of course, it is easier to just only prepare for the small events or crises because one does not want to leave one's comfort zone completely and for some people it is more difficult than for others. I agree with Cluckeyo there should be a balance.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I rest my case.

Keith H. likes this.