Uk Climate Tax On Meat ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 5, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.theguardian.com/environ...alth-professions-call-for-climate-tax-on-meat

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

This health care coalition omits how the lost meat and dairy tax revenue will be replaced. Apparently these health care professionals aren't that professional.

Note: "There is substantial scientific evidence in the close connection between public and planetary health".

Health care professionals do have a role in
    shaping diets but it is not an important role.

Whoever prices the food has the important role.

My solution:

citrus groves in the Shetland islands
    watermelon patches in the Orkney islands

AND ALCOHOL IS A NARCOTIC !

I am now in the mood for some real roast beef - end cut - and a few dozen Whitstones.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Just one more excuse to dip their hands into the working persons pocket. SIASD

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What TOTAL idiocy!! So, animals are the cause of air pollution now. What is it the cow farts that are changing the climate? I guess the Buffalo didn't fart. I live in a ranching area. I guess that I am just used to it and not used t the nice clean smog that they have in the cities. I get a sinus issue every time that I go to Houston. I guess the cow farts don't bother me. We also have pine tree forest pollution here. hundreds of thousands of acres of pine forests and then hundreds of thousands of acres of cattle pastures...It is amazing that we can breathe at all. It is nearly as bad as the endless corn, cotton, and grain farms that they have just north of here and the rolling prairies to our west. I hope those "scientists stay in Great Brittian and Europe. I can't imagine how freaked out that they would be if they saw how polluted we are.

I remember a few years ago they did this stupid crap in California. They wanted to shut down the dairy farms. They didn't want to drink less milk, they just wanted the Dairy Farms to be somewhere else. If they were really worried they should have taxed the drinking of milk and limited the amount allowed to be imported there. They also don't want refineries but don't seem to mind using the products from our refineries as long as the federal government lets them pay less for those products than the people where the refineries are have to pay.

The fact is that PEOPLE are the only real pollution. They are also the only way to reduce that pollution. A massive reduction in the number of stupid people would greatly reduce the level of pollution. Maybe if these folks are serious they should volunteer to eliminate their pollution from the planet and contribute to the health of our world by feeding the worms.

People have to eat or DIE. I guess that in the minds (if they have one) of idiots like these, any sort of disturbance caused by the farming, ranching, harvesting and hauling the foodstuffs to the masses is polution. This sort of thought will lead to the realization that there really are a huge number of people that have no real value to this world and that feeding them is bad for the environment. Saddly there would be a lot of truth in that. We have way too many people and those that offer our culture and sociaty the least have the most kids. Eventually the ax will fall and being weak or stupid isn't going to be a big time survival trait anymore.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the United States, ranchers make up a significant percentage of your best long distance shooters -- as in 500 yards plus. Ranchers kill vermin/varmints -- for business, for sport.

Maybe the theory-people should keep this in mind when considering limiting the Liberties of real men and women.

Me I want to see many more restrictive laws in the former USA. How the crap can we get this Civil War part II behind us if the Left doesn't get on with pushing the real America beyond their tolerance point?! America is about to blow. Let's "Git'er done!"

Most American men are NOT limp-wrists. Seems the men of some European countries have decided not to neuter themselves; you have Austria, Hungary, Slovenia who are fed-up with the commie castrators.

"All of you soon-to-be wethers start your cue! Do what you're told!"

http://www.castrator.com/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in an agricultural area, never noticed any problems with cow farts or sheep ones for that matter.
    pollution is caused by people not animals. all that sewage has to go somewhere.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Prior to China's recent (even before their covid factory boo-boo, or intent) economic downturn (MSM reports on China are Chinese propaganda puke buckets repackaged), Communist China was building two coal-fired electric generator plants per month.

Several Asian nations simply send raw sewage and city street run-offs straight into the Pacific Ocean. While Western nations wring their hands, many Eastern Nations couldn't give less of a sh##.

As much as I loathe my country's pacific states, I know full good and well that they do not do this.

As for Mexico:

https://www.kusi.com/stop-the-poop-...es-to-flow-from-mexico-into-san-diegos-ocean/

https://citi.io/2019/06/17/top-10-countries-with-the-largest-contribution-of-garbage-in-the-ocean/

upload_2020-11-6_13-17-0.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:

upload_2020-11-6_16-32-36.png

upload_2020-11-6_16-33-29.png

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  9. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

SIDEBAR; Ocean-plastics pollution chart omits India and know it tops Egypt and Bangladesh re the stats.

FWIW
    and possibly O.B.E. - Overcome By Events;

From my fossel fuel files:

Wall Street Journal article titled "General Electric Gets Bullish on Coal - Again" by Ted Mann dated 18 Aug 16;

A couple of excerpts:

"And executives say they are posed to build coal plants in developing economies, such as in India and across Southeast Asia, where demand for power is growing quickly and other sources of fuel are unavailable or or too costly."

",..global electric production fueled by coal in 2040 will be 23% higher than than in 2012, the US Energy Information Administration projected this spring."

Washington Post column by Robert J. Samuelson titled "Two Cheers for a carbon tax" dated 20 Feb 17:

A couple of excerpts:

"A carbon tax is one of the last big revenue sources left for a government facing budget deficits of roughly $9 trillion over a decade."

"...the tax needs to go up as much as $200 a ton (nearly $2 on a gallon of gasoline) if fundamental changes are to occur."

"fossel fuels now supply four-fifths of the world's energy."

"We are seening a political convergence around a carbon tax."

From my personal notes in this same file folder ...... would have forgotten about all this if Trump had not pulled out of the Paris climate accord only a couple of weeks ago:

"Chicago Climate Exchange formerly 'Carbon Exchange'. Former VP Al Gore developed this. Goldman Sachs is a primary capital contributor ("PCC") to this new market"

China's coal-fired electric generator plants are involved in getting subsidized by General Electric and indirectly by the American middle class so the Goldman Sachs generation can take winter vacations to the Caribbean.

At least the US is paying off it's debts.

"The trouble dear Brutus is not in our stars ..."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The article is just left wing tosh, it has not appeared anywhere else and the Guardian is renowned for its left wing wittering on pointless matters.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we have much smaller herds in the UK than you see on those huge feed lots in America.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    From a survival point of view, having any significant pasture lands is a good thing. Such fields have been fertilized with nitrogen -- manure = N2 -- for numerous human generations. Hard times will see these pastures turned to the growing of vegetables.

I've looked at vegetable-gardening sites for Devon, England and have found that many have reaped excellent crops from that land. The veggies are different than we in this area of America grow, of course. The climate and soil are different, but such differences matter little. I'm certain that areas such as Devon could feed far more people than those living there. Should authorities or gangs (is there any real difference?) come to "share", i.e. steal, your food to take back to urban areas; I think that you all should drive them back by any means necessary.

There WILL be urban survivors, even after weeks; however, their numbers, as you have stated, will be massively thinned. Rural areas after a SHTF event will see an immediate influx of weak urbanites who do not belong there, but the cultural differences will result in rural England getting far less than we here in The States will see. In America, people will panic and run. Most will get jammed-up, however the most aggressive will make it out into rural areas. America has NO shortage of aggressive people.

In SHTF times, the rural folk will be encumbered with no restraints in their activities and will thus open fire on interlopers. Unemployed law enforcement and military deserters from the rural regions will stand alongside the civilians in pushing-back invaders -- and urbanites WILL be considered invaders ... and thus, shot.

One upside about America's most aggressive folk is that they are stupid and without self-discipline. They can only win against the bleeding-hearts and the weak. The latter, the aggressors will not find in rural areas. Acting macho = death.

TMT Tactical likes this.