Usaf Survival Kit Rifle/carbine

Discussion in 'Survival Kits' started by Pragmatist, Feb 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.airforcemag.com/airmen-receive-new-survival-kit-rifles/

Good morning all,

Per ...

Article is less Prepper and more so military but it can provide ideas - as long as legal in one's area -

This is not a first time event about the add-on for a survival kit.

I remember the Briklee survival guns did not float and the Henry US survival rifle did. This was big talk in this Navy area veterans orgs. The Barnacle Bills (aviator brown shoe navy ; might have changed with reforms [ Tailhook Association]) like flotation for some reason.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    2.6 million to design a PDW 556. Wow, what a bargain. That is sarcasm. What a huge waste of tax payer money.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT,

Of course the requisition was a waste of money.

My guess is that this small appropriation was part of the campaign for November.

The old M1A1 carbine, the para model with folding metal stock could provide the same usefulness. Loads packed away in cache locations.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    They are stuck on everything having to be NATO standard caliber. I would much prefer the M1A1 that you mentioned BUT anything has to be better than a damn military issue 9mm pistol.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

Circa end of 20th century, I was a civilian contractor in the former Yugoslavia. Before entering the "theater", had to take a 3 day "survival" / field course. in Hohelfels (phoen), Germany. I learned early on that this Beretta 9 mm was ... don't know how to say "junk" auf Deutsche.

Some time later, the USMC, on one of their independent budgets brought back the famous M1911 A1. They made a few modifications - ejection port was relocated a little - forgot the couple of other things they did. The BIG thing the Leathernecks did was replace that 9 mm !

All this started when complaints arrived in D.C. that the US doesn't use European NATO stuff. We win some and we lose some. The Beretta 9 mm good for documents on a field table when helicopter operations are active. The "win" was the Harrier Jump-Jet with Rolls Royce engines. This, of course, has since been phased out for the Silicone Valley software container, the F-35 that can't do much military stuff but did further computer knowledge.

My guess is that now NATO means the US and UK and really gets defined as "we're on our own".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I really like the idea of the USA and the UK being on our own. Let the rest of NATO pay for their own protection.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    sehr schlecht

8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Gimme a semi-auto rifle, chambered for cartridge using heavy bullet, a subsonic round, weapon has silencer. This companion would require take-down into three components; the screw-on threaded silencer being component #3. No scope needed, but robust iron adjustable sights a must, aperture. I want to sight it in myself. I want something that is my friend when unhappy times befall. I'm taking this personal weapon to the range with me and often, or I'm sure as sh## NOT taking it with me into Indian country.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Guten Morgan Herr Old Geezer,

Danke.

TMT Tactical likes this.