Wally World On A Sunday....i Gotta Be Nuts!!

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, May 23, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    For years now I have been telling myself not to go to Wally World on a Sunday and particularly after Church lets out.

I've been able to pretty much keep to that word until today. I gotta have my head examined!!! What was I thinking!!???

But......

To my surprise it was not all that crowded...and I got through the check out line rather fast.

I've had my shopping list made on my cell phone for over a week now...texted to myself...and just decided to go.

I have not actually been to Wally World at all......in some time now with the C19 business going on but have been going to my local grocery store...and that is about it.

It was surprisingly not crowded and more people were wearing masks than I had expected. No drama and people were polite.

I got most of the items on my list and came home to put them away.

We shall see how it works out in the weeks to come and I a not planning another trip to Wally World for some time....no rush.

I am still trying to stay away as much as I can.

Hot here in Virginia. On the way home I stopped by my favorite restaurant for an Chocolate Ice Cream Cone but alas it was closed. Another time.

And now you know the Rest of the Story.....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I will try to update this with my next trip to Wally World...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I go to Wally World fairly often, and find the time of day really matters. I was pleasantly surprised last Saturday. I went around 9:00 AM and it wasn't nearly as crowded as I expected. I have always had good luck finding what I needed in that store.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I assume wally world is Walmart, is that correct .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes...Wally World=Wal Mart.

I did not know that myself until one of the other Hams clued me in years ago on the air.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Fortunately for me the closest Walmart is a very long drive away. I haven’t been to one in nearly a decade.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  7. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    wally world really destroyed the old ma and pa stores. Too bad i like them , now all gone.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we still have a few of those types of stores in some of the small rural towns, in fact I know one small town not too far away (20 minute drive)which is made up of all small independent shops.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree Artic Bill.....

When I find out and they have something I need...I try to go to the local stores and show support...and not the big franchises.

I have been hearing that in some towns they do not want Wal Marts for that very reason...they lose too many of the local stores.

The irony to me is that in many leftist cities and towns where the fad is becoming defund the Police....they are opening themselves up to wholesale theft/shoplifting...and these big stores are going to get stolen to death and move out...shut their doors. Local stores too.
    It is going to take awhile for this truth to come out in the news....this is one angle of what is going on the MSM will not cover while trying to paint the picture of their Utopia.

Lonewolf,

This is one reason for which, when time allows, I like to get off the interstate highways and visit small American towns.....wherein they still have a Main Street and have not been consumed by the big nation wide stores.

I like the small town flavor....and want to enjoy it before it is gone...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.