Watch This (5) Five Times.......then Sit Quietly And Just Think.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Sourdough, Jul 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    When I said "point of view" I didn't just mean what he thinks or thought at the time (although that's a critical part of his defense).
    I also mean his line of sight. If he couldn't see both the assailant's hands, he had no way of knowing if he was reaching for a weapon.

The only "visual evidence" is a video taken from a different angle.
    It doesn't tell the whole story.

Past actions aren't relevant if they aren't criminal convictions.

Exactly.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    One shot was enough to stop the threat.
    If you're prone to "panic" you shouldn't be carrying a firearm.
    One can be afraid but not panic.

Only 3-4 seconds elapsed from the first contact until the shot was fired.
    It also appears he may have pointed the gun towards the female first.

The video isn't very smooth.
    There was no real "pause".
    It took that long to draw and aim.

3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The only qualification for Jury Duty is to be on the Registered Voters list. Lawyers love having stupid people that they can manipulate on a jury. They don't want independent or rational thinkers.

IBME: I think you suggested watching this video 5 times just so you could see the mushroom shaped cloud coming out of my head. You could probably see it all the way up in Alaska. God this makes me mad. Punks roaming the streets assaulting innocent people who did them absolutely no harm. That is the result of having no consequences for committing crimes. What do they care? Nothing is going to happen. They will continue to do it until the politicians and the police get their collective heads out of their collective posteriors, and realize that the first responsibility of Government is protecting the people. I better stop now, or I will say something that could really get me in trouble.

4. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Read the Florida law that I posted then consider how that pertains to the guy on the ground.

(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

To be honest it almost sounds like anyone else there could have legally shot the attacker too.

" to himself or herself or another "

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    @LastOutlaw

The key word is "Reasonably". That is were the shooters actions and reactions are going to be challenged. Reasonable is an open word and will be decided by how good or bad the lawyers are. What actions that are reasonable to you and me, may not be in court, once the prosecutor gets done with it. I am not upset the attacker got killed, roll the dice and take your chances. I still think the shooter is going to prison.

6. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    This case may go the way of many where citizens who legitimately defend themselves suffer legal consequences.

I am on the fence on what to think about this particular case... Lawyers will have a field day, though.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  7. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is what I learned from having started this thread.

If you want a lot of thread "VIEWS" you need people beating the living'shit out of someone, add in video of some people getting shot to death, now you got what people salivate to view and post responses to.

As compared to super boring.......Setting up an exercise or simple "Walking" program.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    A simple walking thread would be boring. Nothing to create discussion. This subject offered many different opinions, view points and discussion. The video did not provide gore or entertainment, it provided the opportunity to discuss different view points. Without the video, it was just another case of he-said - she said. With the video, it became a discussion of should he have shot or not and was it self defense or not? now would a walking thread compare? This is not blood lust but self defense analysis.

Morgan101 and GrizzlyetteAdams like this.
  9. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Not only that, but most Americans should be aware of the ramifications of this issue; some of us may have to deal with the possibilities on a daily basis.

The legal issues of self-defense also apply to hermits-in-the-mountains who make the occasional foray into big cities for supplies, as well. So hopefully this thread will interest them, too.

Morgan101, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:

LOL, are you getting crusty and cynical on us? I don't think it is so much a question if a post is "boring" but how much it relates to our daily lives.

Just as you are keen on learning about which medical devices (tourniquets, etc.) are practical to carry in the event you are ripped up by a bear, others are keen on observing /avoiding ways that self-defense may land us in prison... Such a fine line these days! Thugs are suing owners of homes that they invade, for crying out loud...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Now that is not completely true. I started a Q anon thread about two years ago on another forum. Absolutely nothing has happened in the Qanon world except over a year of "Trust Sessions" and lots of "Trust the Plan" and many many where we go one we go all, but nothing genuine at all has happened in that world. No arrests, No unsealed indictments, No hanging of Hillary and not even any arrests of Podesta or proof that they all work for Donald Trump or even acknowledgement by Trump that Qanon is real For sure there has been no shootings or beatings and that thread is still running and some are still believing in the whole Qanon theory regardless of nothing ever coming to fruition. I have been kicked out of that thread a couple of times for not believing in Qanon though So I guess I can't say that noting has happened and I am the OP. LMAO!

I just looked and that thread has run 145 pages and over 3500 posts.
    A forum record.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    this is one reason when I go to public places in urban centres I don't hang about, I get what I came for and get out again, as fast as possible, and when I am there I use situational awareness.