Watching The Storm Come Up The Coast..

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Sep 22, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Have most preps in place...

One of the things I have done is to put a one eighth...inch diameter nylon string on the outside handle of my screen doors and plan later to tie it off to the inside door handle...so as to brace/strengthen it should the wind get too wild.....I do not want my screen door to get blown off or sprung in the wind....

I always keep a pocket knife on me should we have to abandon the house for some reason..it can be quickly cut..for egress.

I do not feel properly dressed if I do not have a pocket knife on me...was so since I was a kid... Also today I keep Gerber Pliers on me as well. They too come in handy as the oddest times. Same thing with a small tape measure.

Filled up my truck on the way home this afternoon. Car is already full.

Charging up my cell phone and also two of my Ham Radio walkie talkies... Spare batteries for the cell phone and also the walkie talkies too.

Have an Abree 42.5 inch antenna for my walkie talkie as well as the short factory issued antenna...

I just know not to entirely count on cell phones as service can often go down in severe weather.

I am up standing the night watch here.in Tidewater, Virginia. We have been fortunate here in Virginia in these storms...as compared to other locations.....blessed..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Was in touch with my friend some 400 miles west...in Tennessee....as we are both Hams.

Expect my Antennas to take a beating but have the facilities and materials to quickly put them back up in the air...

To fabricate quickly new antennas if need be. Both long range wire loops and even short range VHF/UHF if need be.

We shall see how this works out.

Treating this as a full blown Storm. I am not into disrespecting Mother Nature...as I know she can be a rough and tough taskmaster....as well as can she catch you flatfooted....if not prepared..

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.