Ways to Carry a First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    A first aid kit can come in handy when you least expect it. They do not take up much room and are not very heavy therefore they should be an essential item packed in any backpack along with other supplies, or carried along on hunting and fishing trips. A first aid kit can be kept inside of a small box that's traditionally seen that's marked first aid so that in an emergency situation anybody will know that that is where to turn to to find the proper things to use. Other ways first aid kits can be carried efficiently are inside of survival knives. Some gun stocks are made with hollow compartments that can house small items such as those found in the first aid kit as well. Fishing poles also often have hollowed out backends where items can be inserted to use in an emergency.
    upload_2016-1-21_0-59-26.png
    It is a great idea if you are an avid outdoorsman to utilize the benefits of the age-old fanny pack. These are 100% great ways to make sure you have a first-aid kit with you at all times. Your first aid kit is more than just medicine it can be your essential survival kit during an emergency situation. Beyond the typical medications and vitamins found in a first aid kit, you can go as far as to add things such as a small solar powered charger so that you may charge a device such as a phone or a walkie talkie. With science and technology today, many things have become micro-sized. Things that you would not have thought about in the past can now be utilized in a modern survival kit today. They even have credit cards that are multifunction tools in emergency situations. So if you don't have an emergency first aid kit put one together. Have one ready for your home or office as well as one in your car and for when you go venturing into the outdoors. Being prepared is more than a Boy Scout motto it's the smart thing to do.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    When out bush I carry a trauma kit on my belt and an extensive FAK in my pack!

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I keep one in the vehicle at all times.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I keep a kit handy allways. I resupply from dollar store good stuff cheap

5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    As I now spend a lot of time in my vehicle or close to it I also carry trauma packs in the bottom inside tray of each door!
    Inside tray of each door actually carries a small fire extinguisher a 600ml stainless steel water bottle a trauma kit and 2m of paracord!
    If you have a motor vehicle accident and are trapped in your seat a FAK/Trauma kit in the BOOT is useless!

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Lol you all would be amazed at what is stashed in my old trucks each one is a fully equipted repair recover get in and get ya out they ride rough and heavy on good 10ply tires but they ready for about anything

7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep my 94 Toyota landcruiser wagon is packed well, each door has a trauma pack, a waterbottle, a fire extinguisher, a torch, a sharp knife and a handheld twoway radio!
    on the floor in the middle of the back seat is my full first aid kit! everyone can reach one of everything!

8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Good start. That now add shovel axe 4 ton comealong snatch block straps rope bowsaw ratchet straps a ranch jack a floor jack bottle jack tools mechanical and woodworking cable tire chains chains alot of things extra clothing tarps i cant begin to tell you what is in my trucks

9. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I have heaps extra but not usually in vehicle! I see no point carrying too much around
    but then again It is ready to put in the back at short notice!

For me vehicle wise it is a vehicle accident or flooding!
    My vehicle is jacked up 4in on big tyres so I can ford water up to chest height easy so long as it is not swiftwater!
    and swiftwater up to 600mm
    As well as the above stuff I have a stuffbag with 100m x10mm white poly anchor rope ( floats and is hi vis ) for water rescues!
    Used twice in last year!

10. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have home made kits for flooding my trucks are sealed so they will work wet. I have alot of gear in the trucks but i never know what im going to come across the radio call comes im on my way for all kinds of things the idea is to be ready for whatever whenever me and my trucks are well know to show up and get someone out of trouble even if i just tow them out to a repair shop they happy i came along one thing to add is agood inverter i have heavy duty chargeing systems and dual batteries. With truck running i can run a welder off my inverter again the thing is to be ready notcrap i wish i had that

11. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I have a trailer with large battery bank and inverter plus generator!
    I have no need on a regular basis so it stays home most of the time!

Flooding is common here and idiots in little cars getting stuck

You must work at rescue and recovery or some such?

12. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Very rural mountains no im not a offical emt or such just a nice guy that will not leaxe ya out here in trouble mostly i dont want ya around lol