Weapon Skills

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by PedroP, Jun 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    More important that making your own weapons is knowing how to use them. Would you be able to use a wide variety of makeshift or otherwise regular weapons in a survival situation? According to what I was taught, you can put weapons in roughly three categories of Range: Long range, Mid range, and Short range. And three more according to the type: Blades, blunt weapons, and firearms. Each and every category has its own ins and outs on how to deal with them and how to disarm them but as a rule of thumb the closer you are to your attacker the relatively "safer" you are. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Bishop

Bishop Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    A knife or edges weapon is 21 feet for your reactionary gap inside that your in the danger area

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      345/460

Blog Posts:
    Personally I think the closer you are to an attacker the more danger you are in. I prefer distance & a low profile. If faced with an attack then strike first or get the hell out of there. Being in close is fine IF a gun is being used; you were taken by surprise; you know how to disarm.
    Keith.

4. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    You spoke what I had in mind. When I said "closer" I didn't mean in front but rather to the flank of your opponent. From what I was taught "Move fast, secure the flank and take control of the weapon"