What are some of your favorite music artists?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by richj8am30, Jul 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am a person that listens to everything from symphonic metal to rap or from Orchestra/Classical to Dub-step/Mash-Ups. What are some of your favorite genres and music artist?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I too listen to a variety of music, so I can never say I have a favorite artist or band. If you listen to my iPod, you'll come hear an international array of sounds in every single genre out there (except for opera and blue grass). Some of the artists and bands that I frequently listen to are Led Zeppelin, the Eagles, Eric Clapton, Frank Sinatra, Eminem, Dir en Grey, Muse, the GazettE, Adele, Tegan and Sara, Twenty One Pilots, Two Steps from Hell, Bon Iver, Wolf Larson, Helios, Tycho, NIN, Motionless in White, Buck-Tick, Asian Kung Fu Generation, BIGBANG, T.O.P aaaaand so many more it'd take me hours to list them all.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I listen to most of the genre of music. I used to have a favorite for the respective eras of music. Ray Charles was my best in the earlier years and then there was Bob Marley and later on Mariah Carey. However after the Mariah Carey era, I haven't had much of I favorite, I just listen to whatever is appealing.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I love music all kinds i have a very large collection from a-z from30-present im not into rap that much but what does this have to do with a SURVIVAL SITE ????

5. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't listen to a very wide range of styles to be honest. I do share your appreciation for symphonic metal though. Nightwish are one of my favourite bands and I saw them live last year. I also like other metal bands like Amon Amarth or Dream Theater (who have some symphonic elements I guess). Sometimes I listen to soundtracks from LoTR or Game of Thrones.

6. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    This is under 'The Hangout' section where non-survival topics are also allowed.

7. DaBozzLady

DaBozzLady Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have played the piano for over 10 years, mainly classical. Love love it. I also play the guitar and the saxophone. Because I play instruments and sing-if not forced, I listen to everything from country to rock to techno to house music to gogo to pop to r&b and jazz. If somebody has emulated it, I have heard it all. My options are limitless. If I hear it and like it, I listen. I appreciate all of the different forms of music because it is a sense of expression. As of right now, I've been listening to Adele, Maxwell, Maroon 5, Coldplay, Pink, Jamie Foxx, Mary J. Blige, Eminem, Tyrese and Florida Georgia Line. Don't even get me started on old school rap like MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Busta Rhymes, DMX. The list could go on and on. But my collections, like most are extensive. I even sometimes go to my Dad's and listen to his oldies but goodies on a very well tuned and preserved 8-track.

8. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I listen to all kinds of genre, it depends on my mood but lately I have twenty one pilots' albums on loop, i just recently discovered them and this band is amazing. I also love Birdy, Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Rihanna, the list goes on.

9. Tshaka

Tshaka New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Music is the universal language. In the words of actor and musician Billy Bob Thornton, 'Music is the language when words fail'. I love al genres of music from rap to country to rock to grunge to pop. My favorite musical artists are Madonna, Prince, Elton John, Robert Palmer, and George Benson. I played alto saxophone in grade school and I always wanted to play the piano. I truly believe that there is a big difference between a singer and a musician.

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Rock and Roll, Country and Western, Heavy metal.
    The Rolling Stones, Dolly Parton, Motorhead.

arctic bill likes this.
  11. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Some of my favorite music artists would have to be Joey Bada$$, Denzel Curry, and my absolute favorite is Capital Steez. To me, all these guys are different from all the mainstream rappers right now because they rap about what they believe in. I also think that they are the most lyrical.

12. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    My favorite music artist is Enya, so my favorite genres are new age, celtic, pop and world. Why? that's because those are the genres are songs fit in.

13. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    The Bee Gees, Cher, Beatles, Beach Boys, and about any other artist that can sing and perform
    except Country and Western.

14. Jahkobi Martin

Jahkobi Martin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Love music.
    I listen to a lot of different genres , but I dont know if I like to call them that. It helps categorize. I mess with anything that I can feel, if it moves stuff around inside its inside. An example of this would the song "let it be" by Labrinth. Later.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I listen to many different genres and there are numerous exceptional performers but there are numbers of exceptional standouts in my opinion. Ray Charles, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey have been the real outstanding icons over the years. I must admit, however, that after Mariah Carey, my interest in the capabilities of particular artists has waned considerably because there isn't that captivating intensity anymore as it had been in the past.

16. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Besides Mariah Carey is very pretty as well as a wonderful vocal artist!

17. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I am a musician, a drummer and a guitarist. I appreciate good music whenever i hear one irrespective of the genre. My favourite artists in no particular order are: Tye Tribbet, Eminem, Nas, T-pain, Rihanna and West life.

18. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I can play the radio.
    That's about it but I want to learn the guitar.
    Two of my sons play the guitar and have done small time gigs in clubs and such.
    I should go ahead and learn.

19. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    yea. you should learn. 30 minutes of practice each day won't be much. It would be fun learning from your sons.

20. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Well I'm a rap fan from the old school but I like a little of todays music such as Kendrick Lamar J.Cole and Ab Soul but what I enjoy the most is unsigned artist on Soundcloud, it's a lot a of dope talent on Soundcloud looking to grow there brand independently.

21. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I listen to all types of music honestly. I prefer hip-hop though just because it's what I grew up on and right now my favorite rappers are Joey Bada$$, Denzel Curry, and my all time favorite is Capital Steez.

22. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I like listening to classical music and soothing instrumental music. Classical music is timeless while the soothing instrumental music is a stress reliever and has always been a favorite of people who want to unwind.

23. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have some brilliant young musicians whose CDs I have. I'm a musiholic with over 400 CDs (500???, shelves and shelves). I have a battery-operated CD player with decent-enough speakers. I could jerry-rig other voltage imputs/circuits, during hard times. Even though I have god-only-knows how many MP3 files on hand, I was raised with the 78s, 45s, even the 33 platters and players, therefore give me a hard copy. Yes the wifer and I also have a library of books. The new musicians delight me not only with their music, but also with their carrying on of the tradition, the discipline of fine music. We hear the beauty of their music, but often forget the hours and days and years of practice they put in to allow divine epiphanies to come to life in this dark world of ours.

I've been buying CDs by Sarah Jarosz for a few years now (she ain't that old). She was a master fiddle-player at age 12. Yes, I am promoting her. I'm old, I get to do this thing. I am fading out, they are barreling in. Good for them.

The Petersens

A.J. Lee & Blue Summit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqV3OBrftM

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like a lot of the older Country and Western music and a lot of the old Christian Music. I don't listen to music very much but I love to sing. I have a pretty good deep end Baritone voice and that is useless for Rock and Roll or Rap. I can rock a lot of the old Al Jolson stuff and can do an Elvis impersonation that is better than the original on some of his early stuff. I sang in choirs most of my life and always enjoyed it. I like the old Barbershop Quartets a lot too. LOL I am all alone in my musical tastes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Tone deaf along with being almost deaf. I don't listen to music any more. I did enjoy old rock and roll.

Rebecca likes this.
  26. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    i grew up with country and classical music, then i switched to rock and roll, then i switched to country again, then i switched to christian music and finally i have ended up listening to music from the 1920-30-40 a lot of them don't have words and i like that....KBRD 680 AM radio

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was rock and roll all the way...and then I met a little country girl that rocked my world and country music had a different attraction. I always liked to sing and sang mostly Christian Music but my girl liked me to sing country and western to and with her and I found that it was a lot better suited to my voice than Rock ever could be. I still like to sing along with Christy Lane though.

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  28. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    for me it is the blues, older the better, rock again older, folky older.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  29. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm all over the place with my taste in music. Just to confuse everyone more. I like classical - Tchaikovsky, Beethoven a bit of Liszt and Mozart. I like Rock, Metal (the older stuff) and Country.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I love classic rock of the 70s, the psychedelic jam music of the late 6os and 70s, progressive rock, blues rock, blues, jazz, jazz fusion, Hawaiian Slack Key, Creole, American folk, and the classics to include all the old hymns. I will tolerate old country and some of the new country. I can’t stand anything that’s currently hip regardless of genre.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  31. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I listen to a lot of musical genres. Everything from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and some of today. I like a few "good" rap songs, trip hop, metal, classic rock, some country, but not today's pop country. For me it's mostly Johnny Cash, Dwight Yoakam, Jimmie Dean, Kenny Rogers, etc. John Anderson's Seminole Wind is probably the best damn country song I ever heard.

I was born in 1980 so I naturally gravitate towards new wave and hair bands of the 80s. My 80s playlist in Spotify as of right now is a little over 23 hours. LOL

Just discovered this song about a month ago. It's one of the few out today that actually sound good. And I see on YouTube about everyone has covered this song, some are better than others.

Would be kinda cool to blaze around Vegas in a Mercedes smoking a cigarette with a no two F's about it mentality. LOL

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    And I just have to share this modern masterpiece. I love this song so much that during the Summer sitting in front of my computer I played this song on repeat for four hours non stop. LOL I like the horns and I can just imagine being at this party at a chateau with champaign and all the rest. Just a fantastic song.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I like most genres with the exception of rap and hip hop which I cannot stand. I like Classical and even some opera; Rock from the 50's through the 80's. I love Blues, and have been very much blessed to have seen John Lee Hooker, BB King, and Buddy Guy in concert in very small venues. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, JJ Cale, and Leon Russell would be among my favorites. I like Country & Western and Gospel but tend to like the older stuff more than the new. I find music to be a wonderful diversion. You can just listen and enjoy, and let the rest of the world go by.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the realm of "rock", ok so maybe I have the category wrong, I love Radiohead. I like Nine Inch Nails and Talking Heads. Like David Byrne and Andrew Bird. I love Fado music from Portugal. Love Blues from Western Africa; the late Ali Farka Toure is dynamite. Love the divine voice of Salif Keita. Listen to Orthodox Russian choirs. Tom Waites, Chris Cornell, Joshua Bell, the Chieftains, Peter Gabriel, the Bulgarian women's choirs, Cesaria Evora, ..., on and on and on ...

Beauty is beauty.

Thom Yorke performing/dancing in Lotus Flower looks to some as if he has been into the hallucinogens a bit too often, however I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying that he is having some sort of religious experience. I've been stoned out of my mind before, seen guys take 3 hits of window-pane simultaneously, watched them go psycho-Bob, but I think Yorke is gifted. His music is of a level of complexity that betrays genius. Most artists are nut-cases, beyond flaky; so what, it's not as though I'm going to ask them to do or say something rational for me. I love their art, so what if they're messed-up in the head, I don't give half a sh##. Many of them exhibit schizophreniform ideational patterns, but if they can keep it in check long enough to keep their performances going, hurrah!

TMT Tactical likes this.