What do people think of preppers/survivalists in your country?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Arboreal, May 31, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Travis.s

Travis.s Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    I think it's common in this age of comfort for people to believe that nothing serious can go wrong and if it does the government will take care of it after all that's what the tax money is for right.
    But those out there that would like to increase there own odds rather then waiting and hoping for others to save the day.
    Most people that rely on the states quo might look at those that plan ahead as little oddly but most don't really judge you to harshly unless you've Bob wired you 8ft fence, have 10 guns per person ect.
    I personally believe prepping is something ment to be unseen if you can afford to have a second location to bug out too that would be the place for you to go all out.

2. WarHorse52

WarHorse52 Expert Member
      110/115

Blog Posts:
    I am not 100% sure of what most people think of prepping, but I know my wife is 100% against it. She believes I have lost my mind. When we have a conversation with friends they all listen very carefully and some even state that they have supplies for bad times! She believes they do this as a courtesy to me. Fortunately, My wife's best friend is in charge of disaster protocols for a large part of the state that I live in and she states that everyone should be prepared because the plan they have in place will not be able to handle a fraction of the people. It's interesting when you talk to military people, they all seem to be focused on prepping.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if one person believes prepping is necessary but the spouse thinks it is stupid then someone has a problem.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am fortunate in that my wife was raised in the country and her Mother was a prepper before there was anything even called a prepper. They were very self sufficient and ate a lot out of a large garden and from hunting. they canned everything even squirrels. Seriously, one squirrel in a quart jars with slices of potato, carrots and onion that is pressure cooked is great eating. During the winter that is what her Dad took to lunch. He would just set the jar on a heater and let it warm up. I have never had a problem from her about being self sufficient, a survivalist or a prepper. That is just howe she was raised. That is pretty common actually among older folks. We were raised by people that had lived through the depression and WW2. They had been hungry and lived through shortages. My Dad had two things that he never wanted to experience again. Hunger and clothes with holes in them. We always had lots of food on hand and decent clothes.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my wife is a country girl born and bred, was in farming before she had her daughter.
    mum and dad were WW2 generation when prepping was called common sense.