What is a good basic list of skills you will need to survive in the wilderness for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    What is a good basic list of skills you will need to survive in the wilderness for 2 weeks?

2. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Map reading (This is understanding the features on a map in depth)
    Land navigation (This actually using a map to move over the land using key features)
    Terrain analysis (Reading the land features)
    Map and compass use (Especially shooting back azimuths to find out your present location from other KNOWN locations)
    How to purify water (3 different ways)
    How to make a fire (3 different ways)
    Emergency first aid
    Ways to signal an emergency (smoke signals, signal mirror, flags or maybe by use of flares)
    One other thing to consider... If you are going out for 2 weeks, surely you do NOT plan to carry 2 weeks of food and water on your back by yourself, do you? I don't even think that a water buffalo could carry that much stuff in one haul...

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      345/460

Blog Posts:
    If you have water, food & shelter & can make fire you really don't need any other skills to survive two weeks.
    Keith.