What is a good option for a tent heater?

Discussion in 'Tent, camper, RV, or other man made shelters.' started by branchd77, Oct 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    When you are in a tent you can't use all of the options you would at your normal residence. What do you guys use and what are some of the best options?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    A lot would depend on the circumstances, time and effort involved!

Best option is heat preservation! a tent is simply a wind/weather break, any heat will dissipate quick

3. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    if you are intending on using a tent in the winter some have stove pipe holes so you can use a wood stove in them. This is probably the best long-term option because it is a safer option and because it produces a dry heat. If you are planning on using this for short term (1-2 days) and you dont have this option then there are lots of small propane options that connect to the 1 lb bottle. This can be dangerous because it can produce carbon monoxide which is poisonous if you are going to be using propane to heat you should keep vents open to allow decent air circulation the other down side to propane is that as it burns it produces water so if you are going to be having it on alot it will cause everything in the tent to become wet

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Sears ells a compact wood stove 69.95 it packs easy is complete small little stove installedright these little stoves heat cook very well i have 3 atm

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    one that dosent burn the tent down!!:D:rolleyes:

Mr Boots likes this.
  6. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    well I had one of those propane heaters for my tent but I don't recommend it, I burnt my tent town wth it, lucky I was not in the tent when it caught on fire. The wind blew the heater on the ground and that was the end of my first tent, but it was a learning experience.