What is the most unlikely scenario that you are well prepared for?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 16, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Here's a question for you guys. What scenario or calamity you are SURE that would never happen, but would prepare for it just in case? There are normal safety items out there like flashlights, batteries, canned goods, and even a flare gun in the event of a raging storm, or a hurricane. Yes, we all prepare for those kinds of things because, especially in tropical countries, people expect storms to come every now and then, and they have to be ready for them. But what kinds of disasters are you planned for, but are entirely sure that it will never happen?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Great Flood. The rest of Australia would likely be under water before it reached us, but we are ready for it :)
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I have just been reading New York Times supplement and the article is about asteroids, the probability of a giant stray asteroid to hit earth. In case of a catastrophe in that magnitude, I have to admit that I don't know what could happen much more what we could do. If the impact of the asteroid is so great then it is likely that the earth will experience a jolt that may alter its course like going on a dangerous tilt. And surely, there will be earthquakes and more like tidal waves of unimaginable magtitude - like a basin of water that you shake so the water will be moving in all directions. And what will happen to the man-made structures? Buildings will collapse on top of another, the grounds will crack and maybe some islands will sink.

I would be fortunate to be in the mountain at that time of disaster. At least I am safe from the tidal wave and the cracking ground, just maybe. That scenario would be punishing the lowlands for sure.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes, if an asteroid were very large it would likely cause an ice age if it hit land, & a tidal wave if it landed in the ocean. Another one of those incidents that we really can't predict the outcome.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I think the movies have made it seem like surviving an asteroid that took out the dinosaurs is survivable. Any asteroid that big would create more long term destruction as the smoke and debris would will the entire earth and block out the sun for years maybe decades. Nothing will grow and unless you are deep enough in the ground with enough provisions to last you 20 years, you will not see the light of day again.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Alright, I'm gonna say an obvious one. I am very prepared for the unlikely, but very popular in movies, zombie apocalypse. My family is packed and loaded. We are ready for any zombies that come our way, or any other crazy people should a war break out.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    What I would like to think couldn't happen is a long term collapse of the complete governmental and societal infrastructure. If it did, we are back to tribal times in rapid order. Think Road Warrior until stuff starts to settle down. As I am rural (more than 200 miles from a sizable population) and not on a highway, I would likely not see large numbers of people for quite a while. I will hunker down and make use of the preparations and supplies I have built up.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    complete and utter total societal collapse is the one thing I DO think is possible and is top of my list.
    ( take a look at my "long term survival" thread for reasons why).

9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think an Alien invasion is the most unlikely, I mean there are so many other planets out there that beings with far more sophisticated technology than we have can access. Would I be prepared? I don't know. The situation could be likened to any normal invasion by a foreign power, but on the other hand it all depends who they are & why they are invading.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  10. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    It is what I really don't want to see, but beleive as you do, it absolutely is possible.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. ApoTraBO

ApoTraBO New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Becoming an homeless person. Ok, not that unlikely! LOL

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Alien invasion from outer space is my most unlikely event.

13. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Being prepared means you are ready for anything if it happens and you survive being ready means you can carry on best you can for as long as you can its life no one is going to live in our bodies forever.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Let's hope not, their technology is way ahead of ours!
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure they even exist.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    They do exist. UFOs are the ones you can not identify in the night sky. The ones that change direction are Alien craft. I have seen a lot of them, in the Territory & here in New England. I have also been within 50 meters of one in daylight right here on my property a little over 20 years ago now. My eldest son was 7 years of age then. It hovered & moved in complete silence, & did indeed appear to be saucer shaped. This would make sense as the ones I have seen change direction do so abruptly without any slowing down or curving. One minute they are going say west, & then suddenly they were going south, as if following an invisible grid.
    When taking off from stationary they can be incredibly fast, literally just a flash & gone. But then I have no idea if there are different types of ships or different races of Aliens. The most craft I have seen travelling together is 9.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    never seen anything like that in the UK, the only craft we get around here are helicopters.

18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    As you know, the night sky is large & visible in the country. When we had no electricity I used to spend a lot of time outside at night watching the sky. But the one here in daylight was a jaw dropper. My son saw the reflection in the dam & asked what it was. I looked up & there it was!
    I am not up on all this space travel stuff, but as I understand it the nearest planets the Aliens could have come from are a long way away. The most feasible way to travel I have been told is to bend time in space. Anyway, the craft I saw was completely silent, & it was NOT a weather balloon!!! I have no doubt that the occupants were watching us that day, because just after we looked up & saw it, it began to move. Instead of coming directly over us it moved to one side & went around us very slowly, & continued slowly to move to the North until it was out of sight over the mountain.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and Prairie Dog like this.
  19. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

20. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    If you keep up with the end time news and prophesies, you've probably heard that after the rapture, you can still get to heaven but there's a likely chance that you will have to get your head cut off and die for Christ, or go to hell with the rest of them. I know there are a lot of naysayers and would laugh and say this will never happen. I am mentally prepared to have my head cut off rather than go to hell.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you can get your head chopped off here on earth too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Trooper

Trooper New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't think getting your head cut off will keep you out of hell if you are not good with god. So all I am telling you be right with the man an you can look down on hell.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of heads rolling I am prepared for any for of Zombieish apocalypse. That is about the only time that I would ever get to really make use of all my big swords , battle axes and other edged weapons. Maybe some sort of viral brain infection that would make people go mad and violent like some form of air born rabies.

As far as the rapture is concerned I'm ready for that too. If it involves head chopping I'm up for it. I would rather go to Valhalla and don't believe in a christian hell where people are punished. Evil is a contagious sickness that is at epidemic proportions right now. This is a periodic occurrence in history and this is right on schedule.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Cutting & slashing is all very well, & I am equipped for this, but there is more chance these days of catching something nasty from their blood! I think I will avoid it if I can.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Let's say that all of a sudden there came a flood of whiskey. I have conditioned my liver to handle vast surpluses of EtOH. Just the other day, my doctor said that my liver was as "hard as a rock". I took that to be a compliment. When a youth, I'd let the girls feel how hard were my biceps. Same for the liver, right?!

Let's say that all of a sudden there came a flood of lottery money. I have conditioned my rear end to embed itself into any convenient recliner or cushy-soft couch and to stay there for protracted periods of time without building up any guilt in my heart whatsoever. I calculate that I could go months, maybe years, steeped in lethargy.

In my youth I imagined that I could survive being kidnapped by a tribe of nymphomaniacal women. Not any more. Nope boys, I'm just going to admit that should see a bunch of aggressive women headed for me, I'll just bite down on my cyanide tablet and be finished with it all. I'm a survival kind of guy, yet there are limits.

Keith H. likes this.
  26. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    20ea5c73525cdb185d3a2dc0024ef9e8.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Now that you mention it I am well prepared for an apocalyptic beer flood!

TMT Tactical likes this.