What other interests do you have?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Lisa, Jun 2, 2016.

What other interests do you have? 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

1. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Aside from survival what are your interests? For me I'm a lover of good TV shows, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and a whole load of crime drama/thrillers. I also love cider and swimming in the sea. I like to cook and I'm trying to experiment with making more vegetarian meals, not because I don't want to eat meat (I love meat) but I want to try to eat cheaper and healthier.

BeautifullyBree likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to do a lot of sea fishing but we are about as far as we can be from the sea these days, right slam bang in the middle of Devon, so that dosent happen.
    bushcraft, camping, hiking, motorcycles, driving, car boot sales and open air markets .

3. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I am an internet researcher and worker as well as a researcher on spiritual issues from a Christian perspective. I am especially vested in the issue of sin with the aim of dying to the flesh. I have realized that sin is the greatest enemy of humanity. It is a real battle I tell you. My other interest is to serve as a voice for the weak and if providence allows, become a philanthropist.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I used to participate in community theater. Now, I am interested in growing my own vegetables, listening to music, catching up on episodes of Daredevil, and earning some extra income through the internet.

5. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am trying to do more veggie meals too. I actually purchase some books and was able to make some really tasty meals. I am a stay-at-home mom, but I am searching for a job. I am married and have 3 girls. Two of them are adults. One out of the two is married and has an eight-month-old. So he is my first and only grandchild. I love to read and spend time with my family and friends. I also like to volunteer to help those in need in a group I am in called, Manna.

6. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm a fan of a good series myself. All of the ones you mentioned happen to be on my favorites' list. Matter of fact I'm catching up on Game of Thrones right now. I also enjoy swimming, cookouts, hots baths, and playing with my cat.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I love music

8. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Competition martial arts
    Competition pistol
    Competition Rifle
    Fishing
    Hunting
    Travelling
    Reading

Retired from the competition stuff though! I get bored after mastering something!

9. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    As much as I love learning about different survival techniques, I have all sorts of different interests. I spend a lot of my free time reading. I could get lost in books for hours. I also love spending time with my family and coloring people's hair. One of my favorite things to do is color hair. I am currently studying cosmetology and it's super fun to see what kind of results you get from mixing certain colors, etc. Video games are a pretty huge part of my life as well.

10. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I love animals, especially dogs. I love to read, and watch movies that have a lot of action in them. I enjoy spending time with my family and boyfriend. I go to youth group every Wednesday and Sunday. Aside from all that, I love to learn languages. I can speak Chinese, Spanish, and English. :)

bluebetta likes this.
  11. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I enjoy watching thrillers as well, but also drama and horror movies. The Walking Dead is pretty cool even though I cannot stand most zombie movies. Other interests of mine: listening to music, spending time with my kids, meeting up with friends and travelling.

12. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I absolutely LOVE to coupon. It can be very addicting. I remember one time I had purchased about $107.00 worth of products from Target and only paid $7. Five of the seven dollars was the tax. I was very nervous in line and wasn't sure how the outcome would be. I used coupons and the store had a $10 off a $40 purchase. So, I like to have piles of product in my home. Other than couponing, I love to read, play games and spend time with my family. I am trying to get back into my workouts so I can get physically fit.
    cvsdealsmay2316.jpg

13. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am very versatile when I think about it. I play guitar, make music, write lyrics, poems. I enjoy DIY stuff and I make a lot of things for house. I like to repair and mend things as well. I am also a long distance amateur runner. Usually I run half marathon races. From my early age I was involved in the kitchen with my mother and I learned a lot. I was working in several hotels as a chef and I had my own fast food restaurant. Recently I started cutting hair and my plan is to go on an Oxford Academy Course for hair stylers. I really enjoy making beautiful things with my hands. These are mostly my hobbies. I also like to read a lot, watch TV shows and listen to good music. I like many sports but football is on top of that list.

bluebetta likes this.
  14. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I am a very active person. I love running outdoors. I do road runs, but I like trail runs the most. Otherwise I enjoy a good book, cooking, drawing and coloring in. And of course family activities are the best. We love being outside and doing activities in nature.

15. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    I love Survivor, the show.
    I love True Crime.
    Food and coffee.
    News, views, opinions and current affairs also.

Oh, and gardening, sustainability, lifestyle, decorating, entertaining...

I have too many.

16. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I love to cook, I'm still very much an amateur chef but I'm getting there. One step at a time. I also enjoy reading, i mostly read fiction and psychological thriller books, my current favorite is the Girl on the Train. I also watch some good TV shows, although i don't have much time to binge watch them all, when i do have a free time i try to catch up on the episodes of Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful.

17. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Music, traveling, chatting with strangers, working (love my work), writing, reading, learning, skill development, such a long list...

There's a ton of room for explanations just in those and I could probably keep going for another 20~30 mins lol. I do a lot, I sleep very little anymore and I should probably tone it down to be perfectly blunt :D

18. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I movies, music, reading, cooking, gardening, traveling are some of my interest. I enjoy feel good movie, drama and period movies.I enjoy listening to rock. I read novels, short stories and culture and history books. I love to try new recipe, for me cooking is very therapeutic. Gardening is my hobby, I have a nice garden. I enjoy traveling to the himalayas, trekking in the mountains.

19. amonda

amonda New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I love everything relating to cosmetology and beauty, I also love to cook. I love watching videos about ancient Egypt, I find them to be very fascinating and interesting.

20. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I play quite a few video games. Skyrim, League of Legends and others. I'm a fan of the Lord of the Rings and other works by Tolkien as well as the Song of Ice and Fire series. Which means I too am a huge fan of Game of Thrones. I like generally browsing through the internet and coming across websites like this.

21. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I like to draw, I have been coming up with comic ideas since I was in elementary. The images I draw now do not go over very well with PG and PG-13 audiences. I love doing it, I just don't know how to make my sub-genre work for me financially.