What Products Or Tools Are Necessities?

Discussion in 'First Time Preppers and Survivalists' started by ObsessedWOLF, Mar 23, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ObsessedWOLF

ObsessedWOLF Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    pfff.... not easy indeed.. hmmm as of this moment i cannot decide what i'm gonna do to resolve this issue... but i certainly will take this info in consideration. thanks

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. ObsessedWOLF

ObsessedWOLF Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    i definitely will... thank you

3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Gray Man" does not mean you have to do everything solo but it does men you want to blend in with the environment you are in. Wearing full camo outfit in the city would draw attention. Carrying a camo backpack would draw attention. Now move out to the country and that same outfit may blend right in.

If everybody in your community is now standing in food lines to get assistance from the government, you want to be standing in those same lines, even if your pantry is full of food. If your neighbors are standing in lines to get water, you get into line too. If that situation happen in my location, I will follow the wife to the line and then stand back and watch over her. When she is done, I will get into line and let her stand back a little and watch over me. That way my neighbors see us doing the same thing they are doing and are also aware we are alert to any troubles headed our way.

"Gray Man" does not mean walking around with your head down, eyes averted. You do not want to look weak, while blending in your community. Head up and eyes constantly taking in your surroundings. Weak animals catch the eyes of predators. The herd animals all look the same, so the predators choose those that look weak and will be easy targets. Walk with a purpose but without the rooster strut. You blend in but you do not look like one of the sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

ObsessedWOLF and lalakai like this.
  4. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Grey man is well discussed and there is some variation on how to do it. But bottom line, it’s about not standing out. So not necessarily going stealth. Wear the common clothes of your area, carry a common backpack, etc. It can apply to you and your family. “Going stealth” is different, as gray is simply blending into the background.

In the US, a lot of people wear camouflage or tactical looking clothing and military looking gear. This is the opposite of gray, as in most cities, this may cause you to stand out and be a target for someone desperate for what you have. If you dress like you have something, you can be a target.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    O'Wolf - How are you set for transportation? do you have a car or a bike you use or do you rely on public transportation?

Depending on the answer you have several different options. If you have a car, keep a small bag in it always ready to go with a little food, change of seasonal clothes, a couple liters of water, a small first aid kit, fire kit, etc. It doesn't need to be a huge bag, just something extra to your main pack, BOB (Bug Out Bag) 72hour kit or whatever you want to call it. This small kit in your car should be enough on it's own to get you along for 2 or 3 days. If you have your BOB you could likely go a week or more if you're careful and ration. Ensure you keep a small car repair kit, some basic tools, a tire plug kit, a can of puncture sealant (here we have what is branded as Slime), jumper cables, some metal mechanics wire, zip ties and so on with other similar things depending on the weather (shovel? snow chains?) Never let your fuel tank get below a 1/2 tank; preferably keep it as close to full as you can. If something happens and you need to leave immediately your not stuck somewhere out of gas or in a line waiting for fuel if it is even available. You said your a student so I'm guessing you're likely in an apartment and don't have storage. If you do though, keep a 5 gallon can (maybe more like 20L can in your part of the world :) ) of fuel for your car. You can calculate your fuel mileage and determine how far your full tank plus 20L would take you. before you would need to get gas or walk. If you do get stuck in traffic, shut your car off! don't sit idling for hours burning up gas till you run out like those around you will do. If it's cold out start it up maybe every 30-40 minutes and idle just long enough to get warmed up and then shut off.

OK if you do the public transport and don't have a car or a bike, at least go buy a bike you can secure in your apartment or somewhere. If you have to leave public transportation will likely be shut down or backed up. depending on the reason the police or military may halt it for security reasons. If you have a bike same thing, basic repair kit like innertube, bike pump to fill a flat, etc. Also if you can add some small racks, Panniers or similar saddle bags it'll give you a lot more storage. Also I'd suggest a helmet, safety glasses and some gloves. last thing you want is to wreck or get knocked down and end up with a serious injury while you're trying to get out of town. A bike will get your farther and faster than your feet. If you have a car and a bike, make sure you have a rack on the car to take you bike along if you have time.

I was thinking on your protection thing, have 2 or 3 of the largest knives you are allowed. Maybe one a folder in your pocket and the others fixed blade. better than nothing. This next thing is heavy but you could plausibly say it is only a flashlight. I don't know if they sell them in the EU but if you can get one, get a 3 or 4 D-cell Mag-lite flash light, one of the old school style that is made out of aluminum. They have some awesome LED ones that are over 600 lumen. They're big and heavy and make one hell of a club or baton. And you can buy a belt holster like the police used for years. Any idea if something like an ASP baton is legal for you? Bear spray? Stun-gun or taser? just some ideas for less than lethal defense. If someone gets a blast of full strength bear or pepper spray in the face, unless they're strung on on PCP or something they are going to likely stop what they were doing or trying to do.

Since I have no idea which YouTubers you follow I;d suggest to check out Survival Lily if you haven't already. she's into so pretty heavy bush crafting and I think she's out of Austria. Armouredcockroach out of the UK has some good stuff along with the guys in his circle that you'll here him talk about. He wasn't posting for a while due to work commitments but I see recently he put up a vid. I've been watching Roach for years.

ObsessedWOLF and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. ObsessedWOLF

ObsessedWOLF Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    thank you.... i get it now :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. ObsessedWOLF

ObsessedWOLF Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    thanks for the advice man, extremely helpfull ;) if i'm not mistaken we're not allowed to carry any type of weapons.....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Get a good multitool, learn how to use it and its limits.
    Stay inside its limits and it will serve you well for decades.

9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What you need to do is open your mind to exactly what a weapon is. A weapon is a tool that will allow you to defend yourself by causing damage to another persons body. A roll of coins, a metal-bodied ink pen, A walking stick, A large metal cross or whatever on a strong chain worn as a necklace, A small bottle with pepper or even peppers in it, A wire worn in the headband of a hat, a wire coat hanger, You can sharpen a plastic credit card so it will slice tomatoes...or someones face, A baseball in the hand, A pretty rock in your pocket, I had a big comb made of nylon that was a wicked weapon... the list is almost endless.

The big weapon though is in your mind when you make the conscious decision NOT to be a victim. After that, you become a weapon. You have fingers, poke them in the eyes, bite, spit, and fight like a wild thing. Pick up whatever is available and use it. throw sand in their face pick up a bottle and after breaking it on their head cut them up with what is left. Pinch a chunk out of whatever your open hand lands on. Rip an ear off and most attackers will go away. There ARE NO RULES TO SELFDEFENCE!

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    As funny as it sounds, watch a Jackie Chan movie. With all of his antics, and hokey fight scenes, he does, by his own admission, exactly what TexDanm suggests. He will grab anything that isn't tied down, and use it as a weapon. Beer bottle, chair, rolled up magazine, a woman's high heel, a purse. Anything can be used as a weapon. Be cognizant of what is available to you.

TexDanm: I would make one minor change to No Rules to Self Defense. The only rule is to WIN!

ObsessedWOLF and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Phill Matrix

Phill Matrix Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    The nice topic discussed here! Being a fan of small hiking tools myself, I would recommend checking out two way radios for sale, that will add a nice touch of adventure to your travels.

TMT Tactical and ObsessedWOLF like this.
  12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble with 2 way radios AKA "walkie talkies" is that they seem to have low coverage, okay if your on a building site or such but most have a 3 mile radius or so and any hills get in the way of the signal.

13. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Which is a good thing if your group plans on staying within that radius of each other. Through our woods the effective range for HT (walkie-talkie) to HT is more like a mile maybe, but still more than enough for us in most cases. The range for a HT to our home base station with the antenna at 60' is about 5 miles, and for our one vehicle (with the best radio and roof mounted antenna) to home base the range is about 16 miles.

Two way radios rank pretty high on our list of desirable tools, we use them at least a couple times a month now. Paired with wireless security products like the Dakota Alert motion sensors they're even better, local comms and security using the same system and it doesn't rely on any outside infrastructure (assuming you have offgrid power to keep them running). There's even some remote control options using two way radio if you're even just a little bit technical. I don't trust public utilities to supply water, power, or sewage removal if the SHTF so why would I trust telecommunication companies for our groups communication needs? Our little system can't complete with Verizon and Brinks Home Security, but within a couple miles it's pretty effective.

TMT Tactical and ObsessedWOLF like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not something I plan on using, it would get purchased and then sit in a drawer until SHTF day.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    More useful in rural locations, or for a group in a subdivision maybe. Hardest part here was training the wife to turn her radio on in the truck whenever she's in it, range decreases immensely when the other party doesn't have their radio on :)

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, well the wife and I are normally together so it sort of rules out using them.
    even when she's got her mobile with her she's never got it on!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You can't always win. One of my personal weapons is in the simple fact that I will die rather than lose. I ensure that even if I don't win that if I survive they will NEVER want to mess with me again. I am going t mess you up. I have a bite like an alligator snapping turtle and will happily gouge your eyes out. All of the things that cage fighters are not allowed to do is what I am totally focused on doing.

Several times in my life I have stood off a group by simply giving them a big insane smile and convincing them that I truly felt that today was a good day to die and that my only interest was in having servants to lead me through the gates of hell. Nobody wanted to lead the way and be my first dance partner so I left untouched. Unless they want to kill you and have that in their mind most sane people don't want to go there. once they understand that my intent is to kill as many of them as I can they decide to find someone less crazy to mess with. If it is their intent to kill me I am not going to die begging for my life so either I walk or the blood is going to flow.

I was raised by someone that would rather bury me than have a coward for a son. I will always go into a fight with the belief that I will either end it with my shield in hand or on it when I return to my family.

TMT Tactical likes this.