What Songs Would Be On Your Shtf Mp3 Playlist?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by holditdown86, Nov 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. holditdown86

holditdown86 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Music to me is like plasma is to red blood cells...it is an addition that helps me get through....music has been known to be one of my closest companions...I love all types of music...though not all music is benficial....I'm gonna have to create a SHTF playlist and put it on an mp3 player.. for just in case SHTF...

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't listen to music these days. Listening to music tends to drown out other sounds, & this can be dangerous in a shtf survival situation. Sometimes it can be dangerous in day to day activities!
    Keith.

holditdown86 likes this.
  3. holditdown86

holditdown86 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Very true indeed.....due to others increase in irresponsibility, we have to be on the defense ..further taking away from our basic pleasures in this life... (sad face)

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife often listens to music or stories, in the house & in the garden. If I had to warn her of a snake close by I would have to shout very loudly! I have warned her about wearing ear phones outside of the garden, she could be close to a dangerous animal & have no idea it was there. I am sure there are dangers in the city too.
    Day to day out here I listen for the noise of a vehicle or a gun shot. I can't afford to listen to music, but if I could, it would be classical :)
    Keith.

5. holditdown86

holditdown86 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes, something I never considered is a snake! If it was me I would rather have a shock bracelet to warn me of impending snake doom than loose my music... :) (in a none shtf scenario) I am in a major city, the worst side of all locations.. so there is a threat at virtually all times..I do have a .45 I keep nearby... I enjoy classical music during my down time so I totally feel you on that...

Keith H. likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    whats an mp3 player?:p:p:p

7. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Slayer, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams and... The Spice Girls. Now tell me what you want, what you really, really want.. Awesomeness.

8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  9. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Speaking of music - it's only a tangent; no serious music for me since much hearing is lost. VARO Roanoke vigorously disagrees with me ............

I only go out about once every 10 days to comply with the colonial Governor's edit. Waiting for the grocery store to open, I was the only one with a DIY homemade face mask in line. Some bitchy type bitch who's bored with life, quietly sought to taunt me about my face mask, a red folded RAM T-shirt held in place by OD para cord and 2 black triangle paper clamps.

She asked me if I wash my hands for at least 20 seconds signing "Happy Birthday".

Like a real Virginia gentleman (opposite to what's taught), I replied that I wash my hands for - 60 seconds - with my own RX soap and hum tunes from Jerry Garcia's Grateful Dead.

She shut up.

Radar likes this.
  10. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The same collection that always been within my phones. There are :

Musical Album collection (alphabetically) :

• ABBA - Number Ones
    • ACDC - Iron Man 2
    • Adele - 19 (2009 Expanded Edition)
    • Adele - 21 (Deluxe Edition)
    • Adele - 25 (Target Edition)
    • Air Supply - Platinum & Gold Collection
    • Armageddon - The Album
    • Beatles - 1962-1966 (Red Album)
    • Beatles - 1967-1970 (Blue Album)
    • Bee Gees - The Ultimate Bee Gees
    • Billy Ray Cyrus - The Best of Billy Ray Cyrus Cover to Cover
    • Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits The Ultimate Collection
    • Bon Jovi - What About Now (iTunes Deluxe)
    • Carrie Underwood - Greatest Hits Decade #1
    • Carrie Underwood - Storyteller (Target Edition)
    • Céline Dion - My Love Ultimate Essential Collection
    • Deep Purple - The Platinum Collection
    • Flashdance
    • Grease
    • Groove Coverage - Greatest Hits
    • Katy Perry - One of The Boys
    • Katy Perry - PRISM (Deluxe)
    • Katy Perry - Teenage Dream The Complete Confection
    • Kelly Clarkson - Greatest Hits Chapter One (Deluxe)
    • Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece (Deluxe)
    • Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped in Red (Deluxe Edition)
    • Kitarō - Kojiki
    • Kitarō - Mandala
    • Kitarō - Silk Road
    • Kitarō - Thinking of You
    • Lady Gaga - The Fame
    • Leona Lewis - Echo
    • Leona Lewis - Glassheart (Deluxe)
    • Leona Lewis – I Am (Deluxe Edition)
    • Leona Lewis - Spirit (Deluxe)
    • LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rocking
    • Mariah Carey - The Essential Mariah Carey
    • Queen - A Kind Of Magic
    • Queen - A Kind Of Magic (Bonus EP)
    • Shakatak - Night Birds
    • Taylor Swift - 1989 (Deluxe)
    • Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum)
    • Taylor Swift - Red (Deluxe)
    • Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Deluxe)
    • The Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D
    • The Rolling Stones - Greatest Hits
    • Top Gun (2006 Bonus Tracks)
    • Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection
    • Yanni - Live At The Acropolis

I typically playing music video rather than sound only, which is an entire separate collection than the above.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't have an MP3-whatever that is!

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Blitz
      That makes two of us. Actually, I think MP3 players are outdated now.

Blitz, Apr 27, 2020
  12. EarlyMarksman

EarlyMarksman Master Survivalist
      262/345

Blog Posts:
  13. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't figure I'll be listening to much music after a major SHTF for security reasons. That will be hard as I love listening to a wide variety of music.

My playlist currently includes,

Queen
    Led Zeppelin
    Eagles
    Bob Segar
    Pink Floyd
    Kansas
    America
    the Police
    Ratt
    the Who
    Native American Flute
    Quiet Riot
    Moby

and on.

Dale

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  14. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Mostly 80s, 90s, 50s, classic rock, trip hop, techno, and everything in between.

I've literally had this song on repeat for about four hours. LOL

15. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Had this song on repeat as well. Almost would make a great theme song for the movie Interstellar.

This is another great song as well. In my quest to find a great funeral song for when the time comes I live under the ground, this song is a contender.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I prefer peace and quiet especially post SHTF, how can I hear anyone approaching if I've got music blasting in my ears? humans make too much noise as it is, makes me think they are all frightened of the quiet.

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      Couldn't agree with you more. I moved to the back of Bourke, precisely so I didn't have to listen to bogans. I'd rather drink with the flies any day of the week.

Having said that, Stairway to Heaven comes to mind.

Blitz, Apr 27, 2020
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    oh I like music, but not the modern stuff, its just that post SHTF I will have other concerns.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    To me, and as of right now in this god awful SHTF situation dubbed COVID-19, music soothes the soul and is my non-drug remedy and always has been.

As a police scanner enthusiast I can't tell you how many people I'm hearing now OD, etc because of the stay at home crap. And the nightly news is underscoring exactly what I'm hearing over the airwaves. I mean, I can and do monitor 24/7 fire/ems and ambulance to hospital chit chat. I know the victims status and what they are going to the ER for. It's really astounding.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm quite at ease staying at home, I'm normally to be found here, only going out for Supermarket shopping, weekly markets and Sunday car boot sales, the rest of the time i'm here, but lots of people seem to have "cabin fever" during this pandemic, I wonder how many of them would survive in a TEOTWAWKI situation?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    May God's Eternal Blessings be upon Phoebe's soul and that of her daughter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebe_Snow

"She had a daughter, Valerie Rose, who was born with severe brain damage. Snow resolved not to institutionalize Valerie, and cared for her at home until Valerie died on March 19, 2007, at the age of 31. Snow's efforts to care for Valerie nearly ended her career.

"Phoebe Snow suffered a cerebral hemorrhage[10] on January 19, 2010, and slipped into a coma, enduring bouts of blood clots, pneumonia and congestive heart failure. She died on April 26, 2011, at age 60 in Edison, New Jersey."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Gzer: Life is hell and then you die.

Spiritual growth is impossible without horrific suffering. How sweet. Gonna sit down and smoke a cigarette with God and have a talk.

My favourite brand:

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    hope you got plenty stored, they wont be manufactured post collapse, neither will alcohol unless you've got a still.
    2 things not on my list post collapse.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It's the end of the world as we know it, by REM?? A theme tune for WTSHTF :D:D

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    post SHTF any sound will give away your location.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  25. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    What the hell is an Shtf Mp3???? I'm kidding. I don't have that luxury. I have to rely on CDs. Yep.

I absolutely love your selection. Jethro Tull rules. Especially now I've started listening to all his music again. Brings back such wonderful memories as well. His voice is so unique and I love his twist on lyrics. He's amazing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    You're a bloody kill joy, you are!

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Take him with a grain of salt and maybe a little nip or two!

TMT Tactical, Mar 2, 2024
      Blitz likes this.
  27. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahaha! You crack me up.

I don't like this particular selection. Whilst Jethro Tull is the mutt's nuts, Phoebe Snow is more like the dog's breakfast.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Phoebe Snow ... back in the day. Ten Thousand Maniacs. She's subsequently gone goofy-brain-dead.

Don't re-post anything with Dunhill cigarettes! I'll go back to smoking. Been wanting to buy some quality pipe tobacco of late. Back when rolling the illegal smile stuff, I also used to roll my own tobacco cigarettes using quality pipe tobacco. At university, I smoked a pipe. Industrial cigarette tobacco has accelerants in it -- pipe tobacco doesn't. My roll-your-own pipe tobacco cigarettes burned for 20 minutes. Used to, I had cast-iron lungs.

Even with all the abuse through which I've put my lungs, I still have an over-the-top lung capacity according to some nurse who does physical evaluations for life insurance companies. I used to play trumpet. My chest isn't enormous like my dad's, however. He was huge. His uncle was a freak -- made Charles Atlas look like a wimp ... no kidding, huge even for the German iron mine workers. Me, I'm the runt of the litter next to the male monsters in my family -- more like my paternal grandfather, normal size, expert with a gun. My youngest son is huge ... scares people ... not me. I turned out bookish ... go figure. God's sense of humor is scary. Mother Nature is worse.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  29. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting, as usual.

Funnily enough, I found my father's pipe and smoked it the other day. Holy Moly! You only need a puff and you're right for hours. Hahahahaha!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to smoke a pipe in the evening when I was smoking.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    As a child, I loved the smell of a pipe. It was also a reassuring smell. My father would sit and smoke his pipe whilst reading the paper. It's now a lovely, familiar, happy smell for me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Only decent pipe tobaccos are worth half a sh##.

The only decent cigars I've discovered, I found in the Cuban district of Tampa, Florida ... several decades back.

Don't have a decent humidor, then don't buy decent tobacco. Best source of humidity for a humidor is a slice of a select and juicy apple. Suspended.

Eat the rest of the apple. Smoke the tobacco. Soon replace both the good tobacco and another apple slice.

Apples did in fact exist in the Garden of Eden, else no man could have been temped. Eve was merely the temptress. Remember, Adam lost a rib to that female apple vendor.

upload_2024-3-4_0-52-32.png

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  33. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Potato skin works a treat, too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Forgot this one. One of my favourite "soppy" bands. Haven't played them for ages ...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    havent got am MP3 player....whatever that is!, ( sounds like something you play 3 politicians on!) :) have got a load of old music tapes though and a tape player.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a teotwawki playlist and have no plans to make one . We do have a get-tar player in the tribe but , unfortunately for me no banjo or fiddle players . The homeless guy " or use to be homeless " living on our premises likes to sing " but he ain't very good at it . -- One thing for certain after the " thingy happens " I don't want to hear any sad , I am going to die , and we are all going to heaven music . I like to stay up-beat and ready to fight to the very last breath . -- I recall a movie where some give up guy sits down , puts on his sad music and simply , waits to die . That ain't in my D.N.A.

TMT Tactical likes this.