What Was I Thinking......?????

Discussion in 'Safety' started by watcherchris, Nov 27, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    • What was I thinking....????

Went to the Post Office to drop off a couple of letters and as my new lady friend was with me, we decided to stop by Bass Pro Shops to get her preferred warm wool socks for winter.

Wow!!!! What was I thinking...??? Apparently I was not thinking....at all. Bass Pro Shops the Sunday after Thanksgiving???? Talk about Stupid. I reckon my brain cells were not engaged today.

We did not find her correct size of warm wool socks and stopped by the ammo section and picked up a couple of boxes of bullets for reloading.

But.......................

When we arrived at the check out stands we were stunned by the length of the lines.

I deduced that this was not a good survival situation...and stopped at a near merchandize kiosk and just dropped the two boxes of bullets there and walked out to return home.

No way was I going to stand in line ...clearly My brain cells were not engaged today. Best to do that kind of shopping when most are at work on a weekday.

Clearly i need to get more engaged before the next holiday with my shopping/survival..... thinking/skills.

This experience gave me that alarming feeling of my nightmare scenario in being stuck on that famous desert island with some 400 people who only know how to text.

Definitely I need to up my shopping skills/game as the expression goes. I don't want a repetition of that ....no thanks.

My time is valuable...I do not want nor plan on spending it standing in line if I can at all help it.

What was I thinking....???

Watcherchris
      Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I definitely have to get smarter than this ....particularly with the rise of more two legged wildlife and what it appears has become more and more impatient...and intolerant people out here....entitled people.

Have to get engaged....and more aware of two legged wildlife out here...and thus by logic and reason....crowds...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, I CAN'T imagine what it must have been like. Most of the Bass Pro places that I have been to are madhouses on a good day. Was this one hooked onto a mall????!!! That makes it even worse! I would almost rather walk butt naked through a snake and gator infested swamp being eaten alive by mosquitos than deal with the mall MONSTERS!!!

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You're south of the Mason-Dixon = all outdoor shops packed.

I'm reading that across the nation, however, black Friday didn't pan-out, big bust.

Inflation is making people cut-back on Christmas shopping. Grocery prices made Thanksgiving expensive for many Americans.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Returned to Bass Pro Shop today with noticeably more sane crowds and purchased the two boxes of bullets for reloading.

One box of Hornady 158 grain .38 caliber XTP bullets for reloading .38 Special or .357 Magnum rounds.

Also one box...

Sierra .308....168 grain HPBT Match King bullets....for reloading either .308 rounds or 30.06 rounds.

There were few people there as compared to yesterday....much more sane to me....much more.

I was in and out in about 10 minutes and then took my woman to breakfast...at the local ....Cracker Barrel.

I want to find a box of 500 count of .38 caliber copper plated semi waddcutters....for reloading..

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My .308 rifles like the 168 grain HPBT projectiles, also. These puppies have wonderful ballistic coefficients. Some of the 175-grainers have better BCs, but not by much and too, many don't want to go to 175 grains worth of bullet. To get the 155 grainers to produce BCs in the .420+ realm, you gotta jack that velocity way up there.

In the following table, compare the BTHP lads to the Round Nose boys.:p:p:p

https://www.sierrabullets.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BC-chart-rifle.pdf

upload_2022-11-29_14-45-24.png
    upload_2022-11-29_14-45-42.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.