What's The Most Ridiculous And Embarrassing Way You Have Hurt Yourself?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by airfightermax, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    We all had those moments where we get injured ridiculously and we don't tell other people how you got hurt.

What's the most embarrassing way you got hurt?

wally and The Innkeeper like this.
  2. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    One of the most common ways that often happens to me - with a frequency I do not like so much :D - is hitting my little toe against some object. :rolleyes:

The Innkeeper likes this.
  3. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Well, the most embarrassing occasion was when I hit my head against the pillar on the street. I was walking alone and thinking of something. Suddenly I realised that I stumbled upon the pillar, which I didn`t notice. People looked at me with smile, probably thinking I was drunk:) Well, it was rather painful but I was laughing at my clumsiness.:D

The Innkeeper and GREGORY Brooks like this.
  4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    That would be a long list lol

The Innkeeper and GREGORY Brooks like this.
  5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Learning nunchucks first time i tiuched them i knocked myself out lol

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    The main reason that usually happened to me why I hurt myself is being clumsy sometimes. Oftentimes, due to I'm in a hurry I bumped to something that hurt my elbows, knees or toes. It usually end up in bruises or minor cuts.

7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Where should I start? :D
    TBH I usually hurt myself in a ridiculous way. Like one time I fell in my own room and hurt my knee. The other time I fell in the kitchen for no reason and hurt my injured knee again...

8. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh god, this is soo relatable :D

I always stub my toe beside objects too! It seems like my brain does not know that my toe is "there". And when I stub my toe, I do this weird dance jumping around with my face scrunched up, it like the most painful thing you could experience!

9. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    That must have been embarassing! Since you said it was your first time, did this happen in a nunchucks class?

If people were around when this happened that would have more embarrassing. Hopefully, now you know how to use nunchucks properly.

10. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    That was when I was still a kid, It was very sunny that day, my mom warned me not to go out but I didn't listen. So I went out to play with my friends and got myself injured but I couldn't tell her I was hurt, though the injury wasn't that serious.

11. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    No drunk in barricks hit bunk just right and doom out went the lights

12. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    My most recent Way I hurted myself was last month I was telling my friend an exciting story and then I found myself pouring very hot tea that I was making for her on my thigh uuch :-(
    And that was Really painful.

13. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

14. GREGORY Brooks

GREGORY Brooks New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm there with you buddy! My whole life has been like that. I'm 62 years old and just now understanding and learning everyday. I just stay in my lazy boy so I won't get hurt anymore. LOL

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  15. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't believe we are actually admitting to this. I have done a few unintentional belly flops from the diving board, both low and high dives ( hey, Bubba, hold my beer and watch this!).

Maybe the dumbest and longest lasting was swinging at an annoying fly. Missed completely. Caught my finger on a piece of metal, wasn't even sharp, but I guess I swung that hard. Chunked my finger and still have the scar 30 years later. Didn't even hurt. You just look at it and think " oh S%&T. that is going to leave a mark."

16. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Motorcycles. I had to quit riding motorcycles. Just something about a motorcycle turns me into complete idiot and I don't even need somebody to hold my beer. Hot rods, no problem, motorcycles and I am on the way to the emergency room.

The Innkeeper and GateCrasher like this.
  17. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Dumbest accident I ever had....I don't know if I'd call any of them dumb as such, just accidents.....(shit happens)....I've had more than a few accidents over the years but I always seem to walk away from them .....so far.

18. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Mine might have to be skeet shooting with a pistol grip shotgun... Three buddies and I out in the field, and I decide to try my pistol grip 12ga. No problem the first few shots, then the thrower sends one at a sharp angle from my right to the left (I'm right-handed). I'm tracking the skeet across the sky, shotgun at eye level, rear hand/gun butt getting closer to my face as my arms are crossing my body. By the time I got on target and pulled the trigger the butt was probably 4-5 inches from my nose, with predictable results. Didn't break it, but took about 10 minutes before my nose quit bleeding. My buddies weren't able to provide any first-aid assistance as they were too busy laughing.

Radar, The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps the most embarrassed I’ve been was getting a bad case of “scope eye” sighting in my then brand new 338 win mag. I wore that badge of shame for about a week. I just got careless and cocky.

20. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Back in the day, I used to be a Fancy Shawl Dancer (and a Trader) on the Powwow circuit for over twenty years... loved to dance!

I had a habit of dancing in my large kitchen, among other places... all fine and good until one Friday evening before a Powwow, I spun around and landed among the stars...

Actually, I spun around and landed against the kitchen counter and saw stars as my ankle took a turn for the worse. After a trip to the ER, I went to the Powwow anyway. Of course, I didn't dance, but I had to work my trader's booth. I was on crutches and could not dance for a good long time. I finally "retired" from Fancy Shawl dancing as the oldest dancer on the circuit, then migrated to the Traditional Women's dance, which won't put me back in the hospital, lol.

If you ever saw a Fancy Shawl dancer, you would have an idea of what happened in my kitchen:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  21. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Shot my wedding ring off my finger

22. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Wow, the story behind that one must've been epic, Bishop!

23. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Actually did it with a sling shot shoot ING what's called full butterfly was shooting a big rock that did not leave the pouch and came back hitting me in my ring finger and knuckle broke the ring turned my finger into a plump looking hot dog thing that still has a lumpy knuckle.

24. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Whoa... that sounds painful. It hurt just to read about it. Glad there wasn't an emo twist to the story, lol.

25. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    I bought a new mat for the bathroom... But I did not realise, that it did not have the anti-slip bottom. So next time I stepped into the bathroom, my feet went up to the air and my left elbow directly into the toilet. Ended up only with a broken finger.

26. EarlyMarksman

EarlyMarksman Master Survivalist
      262/345

Blog Posts:
    I was driving a golf cart with my cousin when I was around 15 years old and I was standing up and looking over the roof of the cart because we were hollering at some neighborhood kid. Well I didn't see the large piece of rebar that was for some reason jutting out of the ground and we rammed straight into it. It must've been pretty far in the ground too cause it halted the cart and slung my cousin and I both out of the cart knocking us both out.

27. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    burnt my foot carrying a kettle of hot water during a power cut.

28. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Crashed my bike when I was 8 trying to jump over a burning trashcan. I was trying to be Evel Knievel. The ramp fell apart and my front wheel went into the can. I ended up 10 feet away, laying in the grass stunned. Somehow, I broke my big toe. It is still crooked to this day.

29. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    broke several wrists as a kid riding my bicycle and falling off.

30. lalakai

lalakai Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    ran into a parked truck, needed 6 stitches on my head........and I was sober!

31. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Breaking my arm lifting weights.
    I was lifting a tremendous amount of weight and using very poor form. In short, I was being really stupid and I paid the price.

32. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think it’s embarrassing, just dumb ... second time skydiving I flared my chute (let the air out, so it refills and gives you a gentle landing) at the wrong moment so the refill lifted me up and dropped me. My foot went down a gopher hole and spun my body around it. Nasty little break of the shin.

33. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    As a kid (15 YO), I was splitting firewood with a dull axe. First swing on a piece of twisted oak and the axe ricocheted into my knee cap. Stood there for a moment with the toe of the axe stuck in me and reached down and pulled it out. No blood for a couple minutes, but some clear fluid. Could see inside my patella for a couple minutes and then the blood started to flow. Walked to the house and mom freaked out as my pants leg was soaked in blood. Dad looked it over, put pressure on it to stop the blood and applied a dressing. I changed pants and went and sharpened that axe. Dad always warned me about dull blades. Live and learn.

As an adult, my most embarrassing was the first time I got shot (Army). Took a couple rounds in my pretty new ballistic vest and was laying there trying to breath. My buddy ran up and reached down to give me a hand up (he didn't see any blood, he told me latter) and I said "Leave me, I'm dead". (Please don't laugh to hard) at this he yells several explicative's and says to run. I got up and ran. Never lived it down.

Dale

Blitz, Miskondukt, Radar and 3 others like this.
  34. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    As a 19 or 20 yr. old. Walked to the city playground. Summertime. Midnight. Friends. As usual, hanging with a bunch of guys. I climbed up a ladder-like metal structure. Swung around to the side of it and slid down, being stopped by the metal bar that I didn't realize was there. I may have broken or slightly fractured a particular bone. Weighing in at 98 lbs, there wasn't much fat to cushion it. Lucky they carried me home a few blocks away.

TMT Tactical, Dalewick and Morgan101 like this.
  35. Miskondukt

Miskondukt Active Member
      40/58

Blog Posts:
    Pretty sure I'll have the winner:

Came home after hours of drinking on the crawl (Carlsbad, CA downtown bar scene) with the boys and was quite hammered, deciding that a hot shower would take the spins away. Well, we had just moved into a house my buddy had bought to fix and eventually rent out. I was staying in the smaller room, with a closet of a shower. I'm talking not even 3' square of a shower. So there I was, drunk, sitting crunched up on the tiny tile floor with my head bobbling around under the constant steaming stream of hot water not knowing how long it had been (but the water was still very hot so it couldn't had been that long) when I felt I was ready to crash...

I tried pushing up, couldn't. Tried sliding my back up the wall, couldn't. Thought about rolling out the side but then I'd have a swamp of a bathroom floor; so I again, couldn't. Then I grabbed the ceramic soap dish and began to lift myself up, when I was half-way half the thing cracked off slicing (not off) my right hand's middle finger, which dropped to the tile floor but not before slicing my toes too.

So there I still was, drunk, sitting under a hot shower while blood pooled in the basin from both my toe and finger...and the blood was pouring. Drunk, dazed, bleeding and being short of any form of intellect at that inebriated time I began to kind of moan a worn-out, tired cry for "heeelp" to one of my drunk buddies in the living room. One finally came, exclaimed "holy shit!", left to go grab the others who came in, well one turned and walked out right away, laugh a bit with me then helped me out and took me to the ER.

I severed nerves, tendons and an artery, partial feeling in that finger. Toe's fine.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  36. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    Having your ass stick to the seat of the outhouse at minus 20 below.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. Kranky

Kranky Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Ran over my own foot trying to back an x-ray portable machine through some doors. It was me who needed x-rays that day.

38. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife is Catholic. Me, I confesseth not my sins.

People avoid me as it is.

39. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    was professionally roofing some houses/duplexes and after the paper was put down stepped right into a vent hole with an 80 pound pack of shingles on my shoulder..squished my balls something fierce...

40. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    Well when I was young ,lol I didnt have any wax papers from catalogs or magazines. So I took a chance and sat my ass down on the out house throne. I was stuck there for hours until my grandmother found me. She told the school I was fine... ON A PARTY LINE:(

41. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    That ok, I will send some soap. lol

42. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Was playing street hockey in a tennis court. My face is looking down and never noticed that nice 5' pole standing there that holds the net up. Ran into the pole and knocked the damn wind out of me. Regained my air supply and went to play again only to run into the f-ing pole again. At that point I had enough. To this day I can pop my chest like a cracked knuckle.

I must have a chest built of iron because I was involved in a car accident with my parents in a station wagon. I was in the back seat, no one wearing seat belts. Drunken, drugged up asshole ran the stop sign and T-boned us at 60 MPH. I hit the back seat with my chest and bent the whole thing in a V-shape. Only injuries I had were an abrasion on my forearm, a sort of sore chest and a glass sliver in my earlobe. My parents were pretty banged up though. Dad stuck his foot through the floor board and warped the steering wheel. My mom banged her head against the dashboard and had cuts to her legs. We all lived which is an absolute miracle.

My mom described having some sort of "out of body experience" because while she was unconscious could see me run around the car to her side. I thought she was dead.

Another stupid mistake I made was using a hatchet to cut some wood and almost took my pinky off. Still have the scare from that one. LOL!

43. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

My condolences to your ass.