What's Your Favorite Herbal Tea?

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Koala, Jul 4, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    We are all aware how beneficial herbs are for not only our health but also for surviving in tough situations. They have so many beneficial effects and uses. It would be a shame not to take advantage of them.

One of the possible use of herbs is making herbal teas.

When I was a child, my mother always used to make us different herbal teas. Not only for when we were ill but in general, for everyday consumption. She had an incredible herbal garden so all of the herbs were picked from it and homegrown.

There are so many different kinds of herbal teas:
    • chamomile,
    • peppermint,
    • lavender,
    • melissa,
    • nettle,
    • green tea,
    • hibiscus,
    • rose hip,
    • lemongrass,
    • many more.
    My favorite out of all is probably the rosehip tea. In my area, we have many rose hip bushes so it's really, really easy to gather some and simply make delicious tea! I absolutely love its flavor.

What is your favorite herbal tea? Is there any tea that you dislike?

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Green tea is my favorite herbal tea although I drink all herbal teas even some of them have a bitter taste because I know that it's good for my body. Recently, I've learned that green tea is good for all blood types also. Green tea is a common tea you can buy here in my country but there is a nice tea that I've tried drinking too that I love the taste, its a combination of berries kind of tea made from a western country.

Koala likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I drink green & black tea together on a daily basis, but if I have any other tea it is usually mint.
    Keith.

Radar and Koala like this.
  4. Ali_q

Ali_q New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Green tea and chamomile tea are my favorite. Although I love green tea for the benefits, not so much the taste. It gives me energy and keeps me full during the day. Chamomile works amazing for cramps and helping you sleep. Plus, I actually like the taste of chamomile. Both teas are beneficial for many more things.

Koala likes this.
  5. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I also like green and black tea but I don't tend to drink them too often because I already drink two cups of coffee per day... if you add the caffeine that's in those two kinds of tea it can be a bit too much. Especially the black tea, since it has far more caffeine than the green.

I love chamomile for its benefits! Don't really enjoy it's taste though :p perhaps because whenever we were sick as kids, my mom forced us to drink it. It helped but the taste wasn't nice.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I prefer instant coffee.

7. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Usually, i prefer coffee but I do love mate herb so my favorite would be mate tea. Mate herb is a common herb in Brazil and it has many benefits like reduced blood pressure, better body flow, better digestion and so on.

8. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Ginger tea is my best herbal tea. You can make ginger tea by boiling few pinches of ground ginger or few slickes of chopped ginger in a cup of water for one of two minute. Then pout the content in a cup, add a table spoon of honey. Honey ginger tea not only taste great but also has many health benefits such as maintaining blood pressure and diabetes (don't use honey for diabetes).

9. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Green tea is my favorite Herbal tea, with a bit of honey mixed in. But Chai tea is my favorite tea all around, sprinkle a little cinnamon in it.. and you've got yourself a good relaxing cuppa' tea!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Coffee drinker, but I've tried teas from locally gathered wild raspberry, wintergreen, whorled loosestrife, St. Johns Wort, and sweet goldenrod. Sweet goldenrod is my favorite, can't explain it but it has a flavor that somehow reminds me of the chicken soup/boullion that you used to get out of the coffee vending machines back in the day. The kind where the paper cup fell and the plastic door opened after the cup was filled. Anyway, locally, my favorite.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm partial to chaga. Sometimes labador tea.

12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I typically don't drink tea but if I do it is Earl Gray. Been a very long time since my last cup of tea. Like decades.

Morgan101 likes this.
  13. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Drinking many different kinds of herb teas for health reasons for many years, I don't really have a favorite right now.
    Maybe you're just talking about pleasure tea. I don't drink coffee or regular tea or green tea. After a serious life threatening situation, I drank regular tea to help heal my throat (darn pesky oxygen tubes made it sore).
    I used to buy a particular brand of herb teas and started buying a different brand in bulk but it doesn't have the same flavor at all. Not liking that.

Using regular tap water was good, using spring or distilled water took a lot of the flavor away.
    I use honey as my sweetener. Tried stevia, no thanks.
    If you're ever sick at my house, like with bronchitis type of virus, coughing, stuffy head, etc, I will make a big pot of tea and you'll be feeling better before ya know it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I too opt more for coffee than tea. Does Budweiser count? It is natural. Are barley and hops herbs?

Alaskajohn, TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  15. priyaraj

priyaraj New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I also taste green tea and black tea. I added basil, ginger, black pepper, clove. That was bitter in taste but also good for health.

#Have a cup of positive tea

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  16. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.wideopeneats.com/10-reasons-drink-whiskey-good-health/

Whiskey does have its benefits when taken in moderation. However, ...

I done heard'a whiskey made local cawlled "Tennessee tea", but let's jist face hit riot hyar, anythin' thit kin take th'clear coat offen yore truck jist cain't be cawlled "tea".

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My grandmother was a herbalist (she wouldn't have known what the word "herbalist" meant; born 1899). When I was but a boy, she'd take me with her when gathering herbs. I've now forgotten what all we gathered. This is in the mountains of Southern Appalachia.

Here are three plants that I remember gathering for her. These went into her teas.

Sassafras, this grows all over the place. It's not as prolific as poke greens, however I see it all the time.
    https://www.curejoy.com/content/benefits-of-sassafras-tea/

Wintergreen
    https://learningandyearning.com/wintergreen-tea

Catnip (not just for cats, has opposite effect on humans)
    https://articles.mercola.com/teas/catnip-tea.aspx

There are more, but I can't remember right now. Picked mint plants, also. Dug a lot of ramps -- it is a strong onion or garlic. I guess ramp is a member of that family of plants with a bulb root. Ramp, you cut up and put in the skillet with frying meat -- just like onions, it's just that it grows wild. When picking ramps, dig a few in a "colony" of plants, then leave the rest alone so that they will keep reproducing. It is PUNGENT! A person will ooze ramp smell for a couple of days. But it sure does make everything you fry it with taste great! Pap and I would be squirrel hunting, then dig ramps to be fried-up with the squirrel meat that night.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    When I’m not drinking coffee I’m drinking chaga tea. We are fortunate to have it growing all around us. My wife almost always has a pot of it on the wood stove.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I've never consider any tea as part of herbal medicine. Anyway I typically consume green tea + ginger during evening and iced black tea at noon or afternoon

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon all,

I'm not a tea drinker; just coffee and espresso.

I do have 2 sealed tins of black tea in my long-haul loadout duffel.
    Black tea is called "Red" tea in areas of China.

Tea for two, ... cha cha cha....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I am now 45, so ashwagandha (male stamina and heart flow), Maca root (male prostate), as well as a handful of others daily goes in every tea I make!

Radar likes this.
  22. Roman Ahuja

Roman Ahuja New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Green tea is my favorite herbal tea. There are lots of benefits to Drink Herbal Tea(Green tea). You can lose weight, Lower Your Risk Of Diabetes, fell active at any time. Green boost your performance power and helps us in many more things.
    if you want to buy the best Herbal Detox tea with Green Tea, Ginger, Mint, and Senna leaves you can visit an official website which only provides Herbal Green Tea its name is Teatoxlife (https://teatoxlife.in/)

23. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I grow both mint and peppermint in the garden, which both make great tea. However, my favourite is lemon and ginger. I'm not a constant herb tea drinker though. I prefer the black stuff and a good coffee first thing in the morning.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if Earl Grey is an herbal tea or not but I like Earl Grey.

1. TMT Tactical
      Me too. My favorite tea.

TMT Tactical, Apr 5, 2020
  25. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    of the black teas it's Darjeeling for me

26. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    taken from teatulia.com
    "Earl Grey is one of the most recognized flavored teas in the world. This quintessentially British tea is typically a black tea base flavored with oil from the rind of bergamot orange, a citrus fruit with the appearance and flavor somewhere between an orange and a lemon with a little grapefruit and lime thrown in."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Lipton Orange Pekoe

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. himynameismac

himynameismac New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to make a really great Herbal Teas. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to make very effective Herbal Teas to cure Natural Remedies.

I’ve tried many different ways to cure this. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.

https://dausel.co/nQC9YB

Click on that link above and once you have landed on the page, click where it says “I am not a robot” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows how to cure Natural Remedies using Herbal Teas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. himynameismac

himynameismac New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to make a really great Herbal Teas. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to make very effective Herbal Teas to cure Natural Remedies.

I’ve tried many different ways to cure this. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.

Click on that link above and once you have landed on the page, click where it says “I am not a robot” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows how to cure Natural Remedies using Herbal Teas.

30. himynameismac

himynameismac New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

31. himynameismac

himynameismac New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to make a really great Tea. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to make very effective Herbal Teas to cure Natural Remedies.

32. himynameismac

himynameismac New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to make a really great Tea. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to make very effective Herbal Teas to cure Natural Remedies.

33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Herbs, wait a minute, the kind you drink or the kind you smoke?
    aDcizooIOCwTuO9A5wXPSlS4JJZ_aM_d.jpeg

yJNtN063rtNi4ktB_sA5XhhNsQJo_qAL.jpeg

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  34. david aby

david aby New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I like those herbs products which will care about fitness and stress and also give me care from weather allergies. I found the BitterSweet Herbals site, most of there products will fill my requirements. visit this link to know more about them.
    https://www.bittersweetherbals.com/

35. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning David,

Welcome to the Forum.

May I ask / recommend for others , that if familiar with packaging on any of these brands, you mention them.

One of my Preppper specialties is evacuations and a most-important aspect is protecting against weather and specific packaging.

I'm not a tea-drinker but Madam Prag is. She has some individual packets of tea in sturdy, waterproof pouches that appear to be a combination of plastic and something else. (I do have 2 tins of black tea in my truck evac bag.)

Again, welcome to the Forum. Pull up a cyber chair and join us for a coff ... er .. a tea.

Blitz likes this.
  36. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not a tea drinker. I do use and grow a lot of herbs for cooking. Already harvested and dried 18 ounces of oregano this year. Have thyme, sage, basil and rosemary growing currently. Need to work in the garden if it will ever dry up.

Dale