Where to buy legit MREs?

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by CarlosTL, Jul 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CarlosTL

CarlosTL New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Sourcing MREs is a bit difficult; one has the option of either finding a trustable ebay seller or knowing someone in the military who can bring you his excess rations. I am however interested in getting German & French MREs (they are the best, the US MREs tend to give you diarrhea if eaten several days straight). So I wanted to know if there are any legit companies (as opposed to ebay sellers with limited quantity) who specialize in selling MREs/food rations that have something like the German and French MREs.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    any surplus stores in your area??

3. CarlosTL

CarlosTL New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Great I searched for some, I'll be better off with online stores. I've found some Military surplus stores online but none seem to have German MRE or even US ones...

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not a lover of military MRE's, I usually store packs of dehydrated camping food normally available in all good camping shops and online.

5. ZipMedia

ZipMedia New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
  6. CarlosTL

CarlosTL New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:

Thanks for the link but my research on Amazon still hasn't turned any German MREs, maybe I should searchin German

The US MREs are rather easily available (due to the size of the US military), the French ones, aren't very special as they are only a collection of items readily available in supermarkets (+cooking kit). The German one is the best. I might experiment with New Zealand camping food, they have some good manufacturers over there but a bit worried about the shipping cost which is around 50$

7. amelia88

amelia88 Well-Known Member
      75/99

Blog Posts:
    For those of you interested in getting a glimpse into what the standard MRE packs have in them by country, I read this article a while back and found it really interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/06/army-food-world-eat_n_4903954.html

I know it's not much help about locations of where to get MRE's (I was going to suggest surplus/army supply stores, too) but I still think it's a great look into what's considered normal MRE fare from place to place.

8. Teo Peri

Teo Peri New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I like the Costco ones....online only

9. 0utrider43

0utrider43 Active Member
      31/50

Blog Posts:
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575