Who Drinks Bottled Water?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Blitz, Jan 9, 2024.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Well, this is disturbing.

"The particles – nanoplastics - are much smaller than the microplastics previously detected in bottled water.
    However, the particles are considered potentially toxic because they are so small that they can enter directly into blood cells and the brain.

These microscopic particles carry phthalates — chemicals that make plastics more durable, flexible, and lasting longer.
    Phthalate exposure is attributed to 100,000 premature deaths in the US each year. The chemicals are known to interfere with hormone production in the body.

They are 'linked with developmental, reproductive, brain, immune, and other problems', according to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

The highest estimates found 370,000 particles."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...anoplastics-100-times-previously-thought.html

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont drink bottled water but its part of my preps, kept in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight and changed every 6 -12 months.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I rarely drink it myself. I do always have a bottle of water or two in the car though. Worse, I use the same bottle over and over again, which I believe isn't the way to go.

My poor pooch drinks a lot of bottled water. I keep at least two, 2 litre bottles in the car for him with a tupperware container at all times, as being black as the Ace of Spades, he doesn't tolerate the heat and drinks A LOT. I use the same bottles for him and simply fill them up when they get low. Having the bottles in the car, they get warm. I'm guessing from that article that having them constantly exposed to heat isn't helpful.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we drink water from the tap, in this area the water is soft not like in London.
    we do use the same bottles each time but they are purpose made for the job.
    we keep water in the car in the summer but its changed every day.

5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm on tank water, which tastes really good. I don't remember what chlorinated tap water tastes like any more. Does the UK gov put fluoride in your drinking water, like they do in Aus?

Makes me laugh when my brother comes to stay. His partner and him don't like drinking tank water. They prefer the "safety" of bottled water, so drink that instead. That's hysterically ironic really! At the previous property I had, my son installed a kick arse 4 canister massive charcoal filter system, as well as a you beaut UV filter system. Brother and partner would drink that but not here because I don't have any filtration system. When I hear frogs stuck in the pipes, I do wish I could afford to install another filtration system but ... whatever. I'm still breathing so the water can't be that bad.

I'm too lazy to change the water in the car every day. It just sits on the passenger seat and I have some if it's really hot and I've been running around in town or something. (Running. Wouldn't I be so lucky. More like crawling with a zimmer frame. Hahahaha)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes there is fluoride in UK water but if you pour it into a jug first before bottling it the flouride will blow away, if your that concerned, I'm not.
    we change the water in the car every day if we dont it will get too warm, we just remove the water when we get home and get out of the car, its simple enough.

7. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. No, I'm not concerned about it, just curious.

Yes, of course you are right. I just don't think about it I guess. I have enough problems remembering to bring a shopping list when I go into town!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we do a monthly shop so a list is not just required its essential.

9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    What makes it worse ... (I hate to admit this) there have been times when I've brought a list but STILL neglected to get something that was on the list. Now, that's infuriating! Hahahaha!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    how can you bring a list and not buy something on it? unless you dont check it in the store.

11. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahaha! Now you can feel my late husband's pain! I have no idea ... sad but true!

I think it's because I look at the list quickly when I first go into the supermarket, then grab what I remembered and don't bother looking at the list again.

To be honest, I can't stand shopping. I can't get out quickly enough. Not an excuse but maybe that's got something to do with it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have three plastic bottles of water in the fridge at work. They are Gatorade bottles...not because I like Gatorade....I do not ...but the bottles are very heavy duty. Occasionally I pour out the water and refresh from the cooler.

If something happens and we need to evacuate ..I grab my backpack and get these three bottles of water and get out.

I also keep three empty Gatorade bottles in my daily backpack. I will fill one of them when I get to work from the cooler....and drink from it throughout the day...and refill. The other two are just spares..

I never did take to Gatorade...also I seldom drink sodas...colas.

Also in my backpack I have a silock key. Just in case..

Need to put one in each vehicle...and my scooters too...under the seat..

DURATECH 4 Way Sillcock Key Set, 1/4", 9/32", 5/16", 11/32", 2-Pack, for Valve, Faucet, and Spigots - Amazon.com

Oh...and Blitz...I am with you there...I too do not like shopping..or the shopping experience. I go with my list....often made/texted to myself on my phone.....get what is on my list and get out.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I've seen somewhere (stuffed if I can remember where) a shop selling glass bottles for refilling drinks. Now I know why it's a better alternative to plastic.

I can't believe buying bottled water is now the norm. I remember thinking at the time, "Are you insane? Why am I going to buy bottled water?) and look at where we are now. Another insidious act that has become the norm.

Where the hell did it come from in the first place?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I could buy a months shopping without a list, we buy pretty much the same stuff every month its just the numbers of cans that might be different, but I do a list each time and use it in the store to make sure I've got everything.