New Member Why Do We Need To Know These Skills?

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ryanhamlet, Jun 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ryanhamlet

ryanhamlet New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I'm asking this rhetorically because I believe I already understand a good chunk of the answer, but feel free to contribute more too.

We need to be able to master our survival without modern technology and conveniences because there are countless threats to our current way of life. Anything from a flash flood to an EMP can wipe out everything we've known and taken for granted our whole lives.

My time in the Boy Scouts was my first introduction to survival skills and I've been hooked ever since. Achieving the Eagle Scout award was just the tip of the iceberg for me, and I love spending time outdoors away from the city, just alone with my thoughts.

So what are some fun threads here that I should look into?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Anniee

Anniee New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    You are welcome and I and other members alike are looking forward to learn from your vast knowledge and experience. I equally agree with you on the use of basic survival techniques without the mordern gadgets. It is true because some circumstance won't allow room for any of those.

Thanks and welcome once more.

3. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Just becoming a eagle scout is a big deal that a lot of people don't realize good job that's one thing I do regret is not becoming a eagle scout especially when I had the opportunity to do so like I did.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Learning any skill will help you learn other skills, but I consider some skills more important than others when it comes to SHTF survival. IF we are ever faced with a major TEOTWAWKI situation, we will NEED primitive skills in order to survive. The more skills we have, the more comfort we will enjoy. Primitive skills & especially 18th century skills & equipment will allow us a certain level of comfort that we can maintain/sustain.
    All forums have something of interest, but my favourites are:
    Primitive Tools and Weapons
    Wilderness

Hunting / Fishing / Trapping
    Keith.