Why Some People Still Think Climate Change Isn’t Real

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by Keith H., Oct 9, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dalewick

Dalewick Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Follow the 30th parallel to the other side of the planet. Top 10 Hottest Countries In The World 2021 (Right Now) – Information (naijaquest.com) If the axis is changing and these are getting closer to the equator and North America is getting closer to the pole, what would happen to the worlds weather?
    If say, the middle east, Afghanistan, India were to drop to the 15th parallel and the southern USA shifted to say the 45th parallel. How would that affect the global climate. How would Mexico be affected. Just asking. How would places like Greenland and Antarctica be affected? What places wouldn't change as they wouldn't have shifted as much or at all?

One of the reasons I think this is possible: Inuit elders issue warning to NASA and the world—the Earth has shifted | Ancient Code (ancient-code.com)
    I trust these elders much more than government scientist.

Dale

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
    1. Dalewick
      What affect does the Northern Hemisphere have on the planet as it "rebounds" from the receding glaciers? Geologically, the planet is going through major changes after the last ice age.

Dalewick, Feb 17, 2021
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Fortunately there is no evidence that the axis of our planet is changing. Understand if it changes the angle to a greater angle the poles are going to expand. The arctic and antarctic circles are the points where there are days when the sun never rises above the horizon. If the angle increases that point is going to grow proportionally and if it shifted more than a handful of degrees it would bring on an ice-age that might lead to a world completely encased in ice. The problem is that as the poles increase they will cause the Earth to receive less light as the snow and ice reflects it away.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    I have to disagree with you on that. The current shift is known and at a constant. NASA study uncovers three factors responsible for Earth's irregular spin (newatlas.com)
    I would be interested in why you believe a shift would increase the size of the worlds polar ice. I don't think I had heard that theory before but would love to hear the science behind it. Thanks.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have kept and maintained Kerosene heaters for just such reasons. Several of them. Mind you I do not have little children here ....and I don't necessarily like the kerosene smell...and know to keep a window cracked when running them.
    But they are enough to take off the freezing cold edge.

These heaters are not dependent on electricity and will keep a room area warm if you section it off and not have to heat a while house. I also have spare wicks stored for them....and know how to decarbonize these wicks.

I knew enough years ago to take a second look at them and realized that they were not dependent on the electric grid to keep them going like is the case with my natural gas heater....electricity goes out so too does my natural gas solenoid.

But if need be with the power going out I can open the breakers to the street and plug in my generator and get power to my natural gas solenoid. Or go the Kerosene heater route.

One of the best things I've done over the years is put in those double pane energy efficient windows. I should have done that years before I did..but you know procrastination. It makes a significant difference in heating ones home.

Nonetheless I have a type of back up heat system should the power and heater go down.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watchcrchris

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 3:16 AM
  5. wally

wally Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    i don't remember if i have said this before but i'll say it again. there is always climate change going on thats not the real argument the real argument is what is causing it.

1. is it a nature cycle to include everything dalewick and pragmatic suggested?
    2. is it because the sun got 1 degree hotter awhile back?
    3. is it man made?
    4. is it God made according to scripture?
    5. is it a little of all of the above?

i am picking #5 if its anything but #3 there is nothing we can do and if it is #3 there is nothing we can do since not every nation will do their part(hint:india, china and others).

since no one has been around for the last 6,000-13,000 years(yes i am a young earth guy)i don't see how we can accurately say whats going on right now even with the different possibilities... JMHO

6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Wally,

Does it even matter what the cause of climate change is ?

What I see is most important is the restructuring - and in tandem with the revenue streams - of the US economy.

There is much more to the public funding of electric cars than private citizen transportation.

I do not believe Virginia can stop fossel fuel use in 30 years as announced by our Governor.

There are schools of thought - I'm in this - that coal / petrol use by India and China represents goodness. If these societies can't get cheap fuel, there will be war. So far, we're not mobilized.

wally likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People just can't seem to grasp the difference between climate and weather. Weather is what happens tomorrow, next week or maybe even next year. Climate is what an average is over a period of time measured in CENTURIES.

If you just look at right now and where you are, based on what is going on in Texas we are in the midst of a freaking ICE AGE!!! Our summers have been very mild and the winters are getting colder to a LOT colder. I'm sorry but that is called WEATHER not climate change. If our winters stay cold and snowy for a hundred years then that might mean a climate change...or it might just mean that we had a century of cold weather.

A lot of people that get paid to study climate change love to predict bad things...it get them more money. Right now the buzz word is global warming but I well remember just a few decades ago when we were headed into a certain ice age. THAT was the big money getter then.

In a few more years if we have a few more cold winters the ice age will be back as the big threat. The ONLY way we will know what the weather will be like next year is ti wait and experiance it when it gets here. A few years ago we had a bad hurricane season. the people in the "know" predicted that this was how it was going to be from now on and they added a bunch of new names to the list...We didn't have a hurricane land on the American coast for nearly ten years.

Understand, there is no money in good news but there are fortunes to be made in predicting disaster and then asking for money to study it and figure out how to minimise the disaster. It nearly never happens but we elect a new batch of dumb butts every 2 and 4 years that will go for it all over again.

wally and watcherchris like this.
  8. wally

wally Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    well yes and no...no it doesn't really matter its gonna happen anyways. yes because there are people(those in power) that will blame mankind alone and destroy everything along the way to stop it....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It would appear this is the correct place to post this.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Dalewick
      Thanks! I've been screaming this for years.

Dale

Dalewick, Feb 24, 2021 at 1:58 PM